Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F00LY

Parking Panda 2017

Any chance for another Parking Panda block for 2017? Always utilized them in Baltimore and was hoping to snag an early deal again!

My wife works for Parking Panda and some of what I know, I can't say. Check back in mid-July maybe. The event listing (like they have for any baseball game or whatever) might pop up sooner.

But the parking situation around the BCC with all those lots people book for Camden Yards, the arena, the harbor, etc., it just isn't the same situation around Chinatown. Going online and looking around the convention center area right now, there aren't a lot of participating lots and garages in spitting distance of the con and they're all really pricey. But again, it isn't yet June, all that is subject to change and some places do hourly parking but not daily.

To whomever is outside of DC there are certain metro stations that do overnight parking from what I'm seeing on their website. You normally pay $5 no matter the amount of time you're in one on the weekdays but during the weekends they should be free. Still haven't confirmed this but I'll double check and see.

On 6/1/2017 at 8:53 AM, Lum1n3s said:

To whomever is outside of DC there are certain metro stations that do overnight parking from what I'm seeing on their website. You normally pay $5 no matter the amount of time you're in one on the weekdays but during the weekends they should be free. Still haven't confirmed this but I'll double check and see.

Yeah, free on the weekends. That being said, if you are taking Metro, you'll want to be out the door at midnight and sleep fast so you have enough time to make it back down for what you want to do in the morning. So, like, if you have designs on the rave or after dark stuff, forget about it.

As far as parking at metro lots/garages is concerned, officially only 4 stations allow overnight parking.  Most of the time you can leave your car at any station for a few days and be ok, but there is no guarantee of this and you could potentially get ticketed/towed if Metro PD wants to be anal about rules. 

From WMATA's site:
Multi-day parking (also known as overnight or long-term parking) is available at four stations: Greenbelt, Huntington, Franconia-Springfield, and Wiehle-Reston East. Each of these stations has between 15 and 17 spaces allocated for multi-day use of up to 10 days. Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no charge for multi-day parking beyond the regular fee.

Reninder that Silver Spring MD has plenty of parking next to their Metro station, its $7/day weekdays and free on weekends. Search on Montgomery County parking garages.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure if this will fit anyone's schedule, but National Airport has multi-day parking (and of course, single day parking).  And there's a subway station right there at the airport, officially called, "Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport."  The airport's webpage:  flyreagan.com.  The airport subway is on the yellow and blue lines.

The Washington Convention Center's subway station "Mt. Vernon Square," is on the yellow and green lines.  So, from the airport, the yellow line takes about 15-20 minutes to get to the Convention Center.

Map of the subway:  wmata.com, click:  "Schedules and Maps," scroll down and under the title "Rail Maps" click "Color."  The window that pops up is really small in the upper left corner of the screen (at least on the computer I'm on), so you have to "drag" it out, to make it bigger.

On 6/3/2017 at 11:48 AM, OtakuCop said:

As far as parking at metro lots/garages is concerned, officially only 4 stations allow overnight parking.  Most of the time you can leave your car at any station for a few days and be ok, but there is no guarantee of this and you could potentially get ticketed/towed if Metro PD wants to be anal about rules. 

From WMATA's site:
Multi-day parking (also known as overnight or long-term parking) is available at four stations: Greenbelt, Huntington, Franconia-Springfield, and Wiehle-Reston East. Each of these stations has between 15 and 17 spaces allocated for multi-day use of up to 10 days. Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no charge for multi-day parking beyond the regular fee.

This is perfectly fine for me, so that just means I'd have to try and get to the Metro in Springfield before anyone else does. Would definitely make the commute into DC for Otakon much more feasible.

On 6/4/2017 at 4:23 PM, Noel said:

Reninder that Silver Spring MD has plenty of parking next to their Metro station, its $7/day weekdays and free on weekends. Search on Montgomery County parking garages.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

I've been eyeing up the NOAA garage which is really close to the Metro station in Silver Spring.

http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/DOT-Parking/G58PayStations/index.html