Jump to content
Ikano

What are you playing now? 2017 ed.

Recommended Posts

Old thread is OLD...

New one cuz, Guess I'm a little curious what everyone else is playing...

 

Me personally? Since it's officially summer break now I'm in a dilemma of what to work on...

Was originally working on some VN games like Hakuoki, Utawarerumono, and Kenka Banchou: Otome.... but have a sudden strong urge to work on either Story of Seasons (since for some reason that I can't remember, at launch I barely played an in-game week before switching) or maybe FE: Echoes...

Or try to go back to console gaming, which...I guess is either Zelda: BotW or Persona 5 (second playthrough) or....need to search harder to check what else needs working on (lol)

Edited by Ikano
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh God, I have SUCH a backlog...

If I'm not playing FF XV(hey, Episode Prompto drops next week!), I'm prolly playing something on my PC.

I'm totally jonesing for that .hack//G.U. remaster, though. XD

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished Zero Horizon Dawn on PS4, about to start Mass Effect: Andromeda

On PC, I play overwatch and starcraft all the time, so those are my go to's. 

I did have the blessing of going to E3 last week and have an incredibly long list of games I need to get. Ni No Kuni 2 being a prime example. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@onsenmark Wait...what?! Hack //GU remaster?!? Oh snap....did not hear about that. I was even feeling nostalgic the other day for Haseo and gang too....but too lazy to dig out the Ps2

@hiimjimmeh dang you lucky...l live on East coast and...found out way too late about E3 being "open to the public this year" to plan stuff to go there (like flight, hotel etc.)..... I crai.... One of these days though! *fistpump*

Edited by Ikano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm alternating back and forth between Fallout 4 :ph34r: and Clannad :wub:. Every so often when I don't have much time I'll play a quick round of Plants vs. Zombies. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, the .G.U remaster is a thing; it's been mentioned on several sites already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daniel Perales said:

I'm playing the latest Hatsune Miku Project DIVA games on my PS4.

 

We should totally meet up and play Proj Diva in the game room this year. Are you any good? lol. I'm pretty rusty, but once I warm up I get damn near perfect on some songs.

Here's an example of a song I can perfect once warmed up:
 

That took me an hour to perfect.... If you know the song there are these certain spots that you tend to mess up on and omg.. it's so frustrating when you'd had a combo going and a stupid spot messes you up... <_<

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

We should totally meet up and play Proj Diva in the game room this year. Are you any good? lol. I'm pretty rusty, but once I warm up I get damn near perfect on some songs.

Here's an example of a song I can perfect once warmed up:
 

That took me an hour to perfect.... If you know the song there are these certain spots that you tend to mess up on and omg.. it's so frustrating when you'd had a combo going and a stupid spot messes you up... <_<

   I'm not THAT GOOD. I still play it in the EASY mode right now (don't really have the time to play with my work and all), but I really do love the music videos.

I probably bring my PS4 along and see if I can hook it up on my room's tv like I did when I was at this past AnimeNEXT.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daniel Perales said:

   I'm not THAT GOOD. I still play it in the EASY mode right now (don't really have the time to play with my work and all), but I really do love the music videos.

I probably bring my PS4 along and see if I can hook it up on my room's tv like I did when I was at this past AnimeNEXT.

 

 

Yeah I'll have my PS4 with me in my room a well very likely. You're welcome to come by and hang out and play some if you have some con down time. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

Yeah I'll have my PS4 with me in my room a well very likely. You're welcome to come by and hang out and play some if you have some con down time. :)

Thanks. Let see what happens. I probably be the oldest person in the room. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daniel Perales said:

Thanks. Let see what happens. I probably be the oldest person in the room. :)

 

Haha we'll mostly be in our 30s in the room... 33 personally, my friend Mark is 34 (older than me by 2-3 months), Brad is late 20s? and Dan is like 22. I know you're 40s-ish? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now I'm in the middle of the Kingdom Hearts games, all on the PS4. I finished 1 and just finished 2 last night (I skipped CoM and just watched Cut Scenes, can't stand that game). I'll most likely watch 258/2 tonight and try and 100% 1 & 2 before hitting Birth by Sleep since I didn't like it as much as 1 & 2 (but better than CoM0. I also have Dream Drop Distance to play which just recently came to my house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2017 at 10:33 PM, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

Haha we'll mostly be in our 30s in the room... 33 personally, my friend Mark is 34 (older than me by 2-3 months), Brad is late 20s? and Dan is like 22. I know you're 40s-ish? lol

Try 50s-ish.  :o

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In June, I completed the following games for the first time:

  • Katamari Forever (PS3)
  • Journey (PS3)
  • Kirby's Adventure (NES)
  • Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins (GB)
  • Silent Bomber (PS1)

Random note: The last level of Super Mario Land 2 was surprisingly difficult, and really challenged the limits of my patience, especially when I glitched through a ceiling during the final boss fight.

I'm currently playing Tiny Tank (PS1), Mario Kart DS, and for some strange reason, I've just been playing a lot of Crimson Land (PS3).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Eva Monkey said:

In June, I completed the following games for the first time:

  • Katamari Forever (PS3)
  • Journey (PS3)
  • Kirby's Adventure (NES)
  • Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins (GB)
  • Silent Bomber (PS1)

Random note: The last level of Super Mario Land 2 was surprisingly difficult, and really challenged the limits of my patience, especially when I glitched through a ceiling during the final boss fight.

I'm currently playing Tiny Tank (PS1), Mario Kart DS, and for some strange reason, I've just been playing a lot of Crimson Land (PS3).

HA! SML2 is a CLASSIC! Yeah the Wario battle at the end can be WTF.  Though, how the hell did you get it to ceiling glitch? o_O Interesting...

EDIT: I just watched your video but I still don't understand how that's even possible....

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

I just watched your video but I still don't understand how that's even possible....

So, in Mario, if you're big, and you somehow manage to get under a block, like say you run, duck, and slide under a block, or blocks, and then stop holding down to stand up, so your head is in the block, the game will slide you in a direction until you're no longer overlapping a block.  When I jumped up into the nook with the power up, I landed almost directly on top of the power up, so that my head actually went into the block above when I went from small to big.  So the game decided to slide me in a direction, and unfortunately, that direction was to the right, trapping me in the ceiling.

I was kind of flabbergasted, to say the least.  My reaction at the end of  the video, if it wasn't obvious, was played up for effect.  I was pretty aggravated though.  That last level and boss sequence was not fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Eva Monkey said:

So, in Mario, if you're big, and you somehow manage to get under a block, like say you run, duck, and slide under a block, or blocks, and then stop holding down to stand up, so your head is in the block, the game will slide you in a direction until you're no longer overlapping a block.  When I jumped up into the nook with the power up, I landed almost directly on top of the power up, so that my head actually went into the block above when I went from small to big.  So the game decided to slide me in a direction, and unfortunately, that direction was to the right, trapping me in the ceiling.

I was kind of flabbergasted, to say the least.  My reaction at the end of  the video, if it wasn't obvious, was played up for effect.  I was pretty aggravated though.  That last level and boss sequence was not fun.

Oh I see. That sucks. Did you end up letting the time run out so you can try again, and not do what you did to make the glitch happen? lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I probably just turned it off, being as how it saves your progress automatically.  Didn't encounter that glitch again, thankfully.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Eva Monkey said:

I probably just turned it off, being as how it saves your progress automatically.  Didn't encounter that glitch again, thankfully.

Nonetheless, quite the derpy glitch. lol

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to decide if I want to splurge on a new game(or games, if the price is right) this week.

I mean, I wanna get FF XII Zodiac Age, but I also want DQ VII and DQ VIII for 3DS...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at Gamestop this past weekend for something other than games (surprisingly) and my bro bought 2 games for a B2GO free used game deal....and I ended up picking Stein's Gate (Vita) for the "free" choice

Played a bit of it just now to make sure it works and whoa....really interesting...

(I've never touched anything from Stein's Gate franchise btw, so complete newb here)

Other than that...honestly I've been hooked on mobile games lately more than video games... like Fate Grand Order...for one

Edited by Ikano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I'm not on the PC right now, I'm playing Dragon Quest VII on 3DS.

BTW, is anyone bringing a copy with them? I'd love to get some new tablets at the con. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the moment, I'm playing the Pokemon TCGO, and kind of annoyed with myself because I'm way behind on working my way up the VS ladder this time. I'm waiting for the Burning Shadows update on the 4th because I have a pile of coins burning a hole in my pocket, just begging to be used on a booster box's worth of packs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2017 at 2:04 PM, hominivorax said:

At the moment, I'm playing the Pokemon TCGO, and kind of annoyed with myself because I'm way behind on working my way up the VS ladder this time. I'm waiting for the Burning Shadows update on the 4th because I have a pile of coins burning a hole in my pocket, just begging to be used on a booster box's worth of packs.

OOOOOOOH, I play all the time too, extended format only though. feel free to add me! if you need any cards, I don't play standard, so I wouldn't mind trading for some older stuff like junk arm or primes if you have them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2017 at 10:33 PM, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

Haha we'll mostly be in our 30s in the room... 33 personally, my friend Mark is 34 (older than me by 2-3 months), Brad is late 20s? and Dan is like 22. I know you're 40s-ish? lol

I already have the PS4 hooked up on my room's tv. Going to start playing tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×