Aresef

Ice Cold Water guy was one of those injured when a steam pipe exploded near Camden Yards

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I couldn't think of a better place to put this, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place. But this is the first I heard that he was hurt.

The good news is he's OK.

If you're a local, maybe buy a water or two from him next time you're headed to the yard.

Edited by Aresef
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's amazing he wasn't killed!  Thanks for keeping us informed!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to hear that he's okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joshua? I thought ICWG's name was Curtis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh snaps, I'm glad Hercules is okay! 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So sorry to hear that he was hurt, but I'm glad he's alright.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope he knows Otakon is in DC this year (im sure he knows it) but it would kinda suck if he shows up in Baltimore and is like "where is everyone?" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hiimjimmeh said:

I hope he knows Otakon is in DC this year (im sure he knows it) but it would kinda suck if he shows up in Baltimore and is like "where is everyone?" 

He knows the con moved, he was aware last year.  I briefly spoke with him last year.

Per these boards I thought people were going to miss him as an institution that someone would have started a kickstarter to bring him down to D.C. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2017 at 8:26 PM, hiimjimmeh said:

I hope he knows Otakon is in DC this year (im sure he knows it) but it would kinda suck if he shows up in Baltimore and is like "where is everyone?" 

If he shows up at BCC when Otakon is happening, he'll be selling that Ice Cold Water to Bronies. Bronycon is taking place there the same weekend as Otakon.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and all the sporting events, etc, and the general inner harbor tourists...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Krabstarr said:

If he shows up at BCC when Otakon is happening, he'll be selling that Ice Cold Water to Bronies. Bronycon is taking place there the same weekend as Otakon.

Yeah, he's going to be just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aresef said:

Yeah, he's going to be just fine.

I feel like I've seen him there before even when there wasn't a convention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lum1n3s said:

I feel like I've seen him there before even when there wasn't a convention.

 

You probably have.  I leave Otakon on Mondays and he'd be there on the sidewalk selling water.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll miss him but I'm glad he's ok.  At least he won't lack for customers that weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:34 AM, EdKitten said:

 

You probably have.  I leave Otakon on Mondays and he'd be there on the sidewalk selling water.

 

Got to respect the hustle

Edited by Lum1n3s
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lum1n3s said:

Got to respect the hustle

Yeah.  I was so surprised to see him and some others still standing outside the convention center, all selling water.  Dunno how they do it, staying outside in that HOT weather!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hot weather is a lot easier to deal with if you're never in air conditioning.  Baltimore doesn't get THAT hot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2017 at 11:57 PM, EdKitten said:

Yeah.  I was so surprised to see him and some others still standing outside the convention center, all selling water.  Dunno how they do it, staying outside in that HOT weather!

 

It's easy to stay out in the heat when ice cold water is only one dollar!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now