GasparAKAShiggitay

Why is there such a constraint on image upload sizes?

Question

Posted (edited)

@MattTheMinion why is there such an asinine file size maximum for image uploads in posts? Is the 102k setting a default one like the amount of likes per day setting? I'm trying to post some in-progress cosplay pics, but no matter what I do I can't get my pics to upload, even with Photoshop's help. <_< It's getting aggravating. lol.

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay

2 answers to this question

Well back in the day, this software was run on a server plan that had an actual hard drive space restriction.  It doesn't take much to run a BBS so we don't spend more than we have to to make it go.  Since that day the price has stayed roughly the same, but the space has grown.  It's mostly on me that I never increased the upload window with the hard drive space. I took care of that this morning, so it should be better. We will see how it goes, and when the next update comes along, I can probably boost it some more.

Well back in the day, this software was run on a server plan that had an actual hard drive space restriction.  It doesn't take much to run a BBS so we don't spend more than we have to to make it go.  Since that day the price has stayed roughly the same, but the space has grown.  It's mostly on me that I never increased the upload window with the hard drive space. I took care of that this morning, so it should be better. We will see how it goes, and when the next update comes along, I can probably boost it some more.

Okay. I had a feeling it was something like that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk