onsenmark

About the restaurant map...

7 posts in this topic

Wouldn't grocery stores fall under the subject of "daily needs"? I know I plan on picking up chips and soda and maybe a few other things from a Wal-mart or something.

It's probably a little late to edit the map for this year, but it's something to think about for next.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, onsenmark said:

Wouldn't grocery stores fall under the subject of "daily needs"? I know I plan on picking up chips and soda and maybe a few other things from a Wal-mart or something.

It's probably a little late to edit the map for this year, but it's something to think about for next.

I second that.  It'd be great to see the grocery stores on the map.

We will ask, but remember that this map was provided to us by the DC visitor's bureau (Destination DC) so they are thinking more along the lines of vacationers, tourists, and people on business trips. So they will initially focus more on the businesses that people traveling normally ask them about.

In response to this:

• Giant is listed in the "Daily Needs" section;
  • It is not listed on the map as intended in the "Restaurant" section, but there is a Safeway in the same area with Qdoba and Sweet Green.
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, TnAdct1 said:

In response to this:

• Giant is listed in the "Daily Needs" section;
  • It is not listed on the map as intended in the "Restaurant" section, but there is a Safeway in the same area with Qdoba and Sweet Green.

Odd, I couldn't find Safeway on the restaurant map.

And I totally missed the Giant. Whoops, my bad. ^^;;;

Also, has the map been checked for accuracy? I see the map is from 2014, it's been 3 years, places could've closed since that map was published.

I have Bank of America for my bank and I don't see any Bank of Americas listed on that map under "Daily Needs."

Posted (edited)

Also, I've created this map and kept it updated as best as I could that shows food places to eat at and the hotels that were listed as Otakon hotels and also marked food places that are near the hotels as well: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=1dmRCoZmQ0NHPGfw2qHp_9ELQHQg&ll=38.92438169921565%2C-77.10896020000001&z=12

NOTE: I created this map prior to the changes in Metro operating hours which is why Metro stops are listed on this map with nearby food places and hotels near the Metro stops.

Edited by KSweeley
1 person likes this