Revan

Schedule's up!

DeskLaser    3

It will not be up until someone loses an arm and a leg attempting the black ritual needed to bring it online.

• Like 1

EdKitten    43
3 hours ago, DeskLaser said:

It will not be up until someone loses an arm and a leg attempting the black ritual needed to bring it online.

Reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist!  Brilliant anime/manga.

Edited by EdKitten
  • Like 1

Aresef    43
19 hours ago, EdKitten said:

Reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist!  Brilliant anime/manga.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Edited by Aresef

Eddie 2    11
On 8/2/2017 at 4:44 PM, Aresef said:

When will the Guidebook be up?

Was wondering about this myself. I'm hoping by this weekend, it will be available for download. 

I don't recall last year since I didn't attend, but in 2015 they didn't release on Guidebook until the Wednesday before the con. Looks like they're on track to match that this year...

41 minutes ago, The Tsunami said:

Guidebook is live.

Finally! Downloading now!

• Like 1

Lum1n3s    49
8 hours ago, The Tsunami said:

Guidebook is live.

kLXncdS.jpg

Sweet baby Jesus 

• Haha 3

Finally finding the time looking at the schedule, I'm already kind of disappointed. :(

How can you schedule major industry panels that conflicts with each other?:o  I mean, "Sentai Filmworks conflicting with "Aniplex of America" on Friday?!  "Crunchyroll" and Pony Canyon" conflicting with each other on Saturday?!:o And finally, "Discotek Media" conflicting with "Media Blasters" on Sunday?! :o

Whoever did this schedule should have known better! :angry:. I'm being forced to miss half of them. 

Let me mention it again, I'm very disappointed.:(

• Sad 2

Lum1n3s    49
16 minutes ago, Daniel Perales said:

Finally finding the time looking at the schedule, I'm already kind of disappointed. :(

How can you schedule major industry panels that conflicts with each other?:o  I mean, "Sentai Filmworks conflicting with "Aniplex of America" on Friday?!  "Crunchyroll" and Pony Canyon" conflicting with each other on Saturday?!:o And finally, "Discotek Media" conflicting with "Media Blasters" on Sunday?! :o

Whoever did this schedule should have known better! :angry:. I'm being forced to miss half of them. 

Let me mention it again, I'm very disappointed.:(

Most people by now should expect conflicting schedules, especially when it comes to big industry panels. Sadness and disappointment at every year's convention! :(

Edited by Lum1n3s

Aresef    43

They finally moved Garo to a late night slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CocoFaerie    26
14 hours ago, Aresef said:

They finally moved Garo to a late night slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...but now Danmachi (Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?) is in that Sunday morning slot, and I'm not sure if Hestia is bestia for a morning crowd.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/6/2017 at 1:13 PM, Lum1n3s said:

Most people by now should expect conflicting schedules, especially when it comes to big industry panels. Sadness and disappointment at every year's convention! :(

Which I think after so many years, they can get this right. :angry:

I mean, are they going to use the same excuse if the Masquerade and Concert (if they use separate rooms), happens to conflict each other?

Aresef    43
32 minutes ago, Daniel Perales said:

Which I think after so many years, they can get this right. :angry:

I mean, are they going to use the same excuse if the Masquerade and Concert (if they use separate rooms), happens to conflict each other?

They seldom do, even when the masquerade was in the arena. There's just the one big concert-sized room anyway.

They stack things like that against each other on purpose. It's called counter-programming. The idea is to separate the crowd so that there's less of a crush of everyone trying to crowd into the one big popular panel in that section of the schedule. It's garbage, but it's been a long-standing policy of Otakon and other cons in general.

• Like 1

Lum1n3s    49
5 hours ago, Dostovei Illuminas said:

They stack things like that against each other on purpose. It's called counter-programming. The idea is to separate the crowd so that there's less of a crush of everyone trying to crowd into the one big popular panel in that section of the schedule. It's garbage, but it's been a long-standing policy of Otakon and other cons in general.

Yeah, it's something that I've noticed at other conventions as well and it's something I don't mind at all. Makes it less crowded and more meaningful IF you get in. If you don't, well that's a different story lol. 

wolfy2005    5

When I click on My Event Planner, instead of showing just the events I highlighted it shows the entire schedule with an additional link for the full schedule. When I click on a panel I highlighted it gives me the "Remove from My Planner" link but when I click on a panel that I haven't highlighted it just has the "add to my schedule" link. I attached some screen shots to show what I mean.

I know Guidebook exists and has the schedule and I use it, but I also like to have a visual schedule blocked out so I know what lines up against what and when I have a chunk of free time to eat, check out the dealer room and artist alley, etc.

Is anyone else having this issue or am I missing something?

Sch1.pngSch2.png

sch3.png

Edited by wolfy2005

mellow-osity    48

I saw this up on the Otakon Facebook page and wanted to share here. It's great. :lol: From the guidebook app Dealers Room hours. 

20597451_1377682695612378_8941611208260500897_n.jpg

• Like 1

Aresef    43

Guidebook has dumped my selections for My Schedule twice now. Is anybody else seeing this? @motoki-O, can you look into this?

• Sad 1

mellow-osity    48
20 minutes ago, Aresef said:

Guidebook has dumped my selections for My Schedule twice now. Is anybody else seeing this? @motoki-O, can you look into this?

Yep, mine were deleted after the latest update. 

• Like 1

motoki-O    15
Guidebook has dumped my selections for My Schedule twice now. Is anybody else seeing this? [mention=195]motoki-O[/mention], can you look into this?
I'm looking into it now.

Tachibana    13

For whatever it's worth, the My Schedule erasing hasn't happened to me. On am Android, if that helps. Sucks to hear it is happening though.

razisgosu    9

Why was so much stuff cancelled? Hours upon hours, especially late night programming were removed. Is otakon encouraging earlier nights or could you just not get the hentai you intended to show originally?