Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marii

18+ Wristbands

Question

I apologize if this has been answered a million times but I've never been to any of the 18+ events due to the lack of interest and/or conflicting schedules. Well after looking through everything this year, my fiance and I both found something that we wanted to do! Since the con is coming up so quickly, two questions popped up. 

1. I've seen the line for 18+ wristbands at Baltimore and it was always ridiculously long. A couple friends of mine have been able to get theirs in as little as 10 minutes while others waited hours. When is a good time to go grab it where I'm not waiting for two hours?

2. Are they wristbands removable? As in, if I remove it, can it be put back on? I wasn't sure what the style of it is. 

Thank you for your time!

4 answers to this question

1) If you're gonna be there Thursday I recommend getting it then. They list the hours as 3pm-10pm so you can get it during badge pickup. Otherwise its 4pm-1am  Friday and Saturday, in which case get it as early as your schedule allows. There's usually a huge line for when it opens, which thins out later but gets huge again as you get closer to 18+ panels at night.

2) They are by design not removable. They are the paper wristbands you get at some carnivals or some smaller amusement parks (like these https://www.wristband.com/ready-made-bands/tyvek ). They hold up fine in the shower so if you get one you should have no problem keeping it on all weekend.

1) Honestly I'd get them just as soon as you're able to. It seems like, generally, the long lines start forming at around 4~6PM on Friday and Saturday, so going earlier in the day would be fruitful.

2) They're those paper ones that you can't really take off without breaking it unless you have really small hands. You can always get another one, I think, if you intend on attending 18+ events on Friday and Saturday, or you want to get one on Friday for something on Saturday.

1) I usually run the lines, and from what I have seen the line looks long but has never been more than a 30 minute wait. If anybody had a different experience last year, please let me know and give me details (roughly when you got in line, and how long you were waiting). Typically the line thins out about an hour or two after we open, but picks up again about an hour before 18+ programming starts, then thins out. So the the high period is roughly 3-4p, then 8-9p

2) No, they are not removable. The bands are put on tightly enough so that somebody cannot it off and remove it to give to an underage friend. The bands are waterproof so you can wear them throughout the whole weekend, but you can also come back the next day and grab a new one.

Thank you all so much! I really appreciate it! As for the wait time, that was just what was heard from a friend, not entirely sure which year. I'll let him know though! Thank you!