Guest Beau Murphy

Otakon 2018 Guest Request

Guest Beau Murphy   
Guest Beau Murphy

For Special Guests ( English Dub voice actors ) I would like to suggest the following: 

- Josh Grelle 

- Luci Christian 

- David Matranga 

All three work at Funimation and Sentai Filmworks Studios, and have recently been in such popular shows like Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia. I am certain, that having them attend here in Otakon Vegas 2018 for the first time would make this convention more memorable and worthwhile for us fans. 

Aresef    44

Man, at least wait for this year's con to be over :P

• Like 2

Just now, UzumakiWarlord said:

Way too early, dude.  I'm waiting til after the con to make my requests.

Same.

• Like 1

With the 2017 event all wrapped up, NOW I can make my requests!

So for Otakon 2018, it's 25th anniversary, these are the following people that I would strongly consider inviting to be guests:

Voice Actors

-Bryce Papenbrook

-Todd Haberkorn

-Cherami Leigh

-Amanda Miller

-Josh Grelle

-Robert McCollum

-Jamie Marchi

-Monica Rial

-Patrick Seitz

-Yuri Lowenthal

-Tara Platt

-Amanda Winn Lee

-Max Mittelman

-Matthew Mercer

-Marisha Ray

-Erika Harlacher

-Steve Blum

-Eric Vale

-Erica Lindbeck

-Xanthe Hyunh

-David Vincent

-Erik Scott Kimerer

-Cristina Vee

-Veronica Taylor

-Marc Diraison

-Carrie Keranen

-Ian Sinclair

-Colleen Clickenbeard

Music Acts

-Eir Aoi

-Kalafina

-Linked Horizon

Seiyu

-Yoko Hikasa

-Maaya Sakamoto

-Nana Mizuki

-Hitomi Harada

Eimi    21
20 minutes ago, UzumakiWarlord said:

-Todd Haberkorn

You're in luck, if I recall correctly, he's the one that was announced at Closing Ceremonies.

mitamaking    6

As is tradition Megumi Hayashibara please

Directors
Mamoru Hosoda
Akiyuki Shinbou

U.S. Voice actors
Amanda Winn Lee
Jason Lee
Chris Patton

Greg Ayres

Yuri Lowenthall

Japanese Voice Actors
Megumi Hayashibara
Ami Koshimizu
Nana Mizuki

Ai Kayano

Miyu Irino

Manga Writters
Ken Akamastsu 

Muscial Acts

Kalafina

Utada Hikaru

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eimi said:

You're in luck, if I recall correctly, he's the one that was announced at Closing Ceremonies.

Then why hasn't there been an announcement for him?

Eimi    21
Just now, UzumakiWarlord said:

Not sure, not my department, lol. I work in the Main Events hall so that's the only reason I knew. 

danielb    19
2 hours ago, UzumakiWarlord said:

Because the web staff is traveling home after a long week.

Tachibana    13

I think staff are still winded from this weekend. I know I am. 

Anyway!

Basically, same list as last time, just added one more. 

Japanese voice acting guests:

• Natsuko Kuwatani
  • Maaya Sakamoto
  • Norio Wakamoto

Japanese live acting guests:

• AKIRA (she's a really cool musician and her portrayal of Uesugi Kenshin in the Sengoku BASARA stage play series is amazing; even if you can't get her or her band (Disacode) as a musical guest specifically I'd love to just meet her! She seems to be popping up at several American cons lately without her band so I imagine it'd be relatively easy to bring her over) (Official blog; Solo site)

Japanese musical guests:

American voiceover guests:

Suika07    1

Please bring back Laura Bailey & Travis Willingham! Love them so much, their panel a few years back remains to be one of my all-time favorites. And... if I may take that request one step further... the rest of Critical Role along with them! Or as many of them as you can get. (Matt Mercer, Sam Riegel, Marisha Ray, Taliesin Jaffe, Liam O'Brian, and Ashley Johnson if you can swing it!)

Having them would be a huge draw... they are all talented and prolific voice actors for both anime and video games, but then are also doing Critical Role together, which has become such a huge success. This will draw in the tabletop/RP gaming community as well, there is plenty of crossover interest there!

• Like 1

ueda    9

Same list as every year but I'm hoping for good things for 2018. Again, the more seiyuu the better. The more Japanese guests, the better.

Seiyuu:
Katsuyuki Konishi
Miyuki Sawashiro
Jun Fukuyama
Tsubasa Yonaga
Ryotaro Okiayu
Junichi Suwabe
Yuuichi Nakamura
Akira Ishida
Hiroshi Kamiya
Daisuke Ono
Takehito Koyasu
Takuya Eguchi
Kazuya Nakai
Mamiko Noto
Kaito Ishikawa
Yuichiro Umehara

Musical artists:
OLDCODEX
GRANRODEO
More k-pop people
Other Anisong/Lantis people

xiutea    0

My biggest issue with this year's con was the abundance of English voice actors compared to Japanese seiyuu. So next year I'd like to see a lot more Japanese seiyuu and guests in general.

Seiyuu:
Daisuke Hirakawa
Yuka Iguchi
Hiroshi Kamiya
Takehito Koyasu
Rie Kugimiya
Mamoru Miyano
Daisuke Ono
Chiwa Saito
Maaya Sakamoto
Takahiro Sakurai
Kouki Uchiyama

English VAs:
Dante Basco (Really enjoyed his panel the year that he came!)

Creators/Authors/Directors:
Hirohiko Araki
Kouhei Horikoshi
Kazutaka Kodaka
Kiyotaka Oshiyama

(I know that the mangaka will probably be impossible to get but hey, let me dream)

Musical Acts:
batta
DAOKO
Utada Hikaru
THE ORAL CIGARETTES
Yui

(Would also love to see another k-pop act)

Edited by xiutea

4 hours ago, xiutea said:

My biggest issue with this year's con was the abundance of English voice actors compared to Japanese seiyuu. So next year I'd like to see a lot more Japanese seiyuu and guests in general.

That's a very common complaint on threads like this.  In fact, that's a complaint heard just about every year.  Everyone has their own personal tastes in guests, and while I do believe that Japanese guests are a must, and are important for Otakon to have, one little fact that has always been there is that dub actors are what most attendees (myself included) go for anyway.

Now I don't mean any offense to you or anyone when I say this, but I do sometimes believe that when some people say "there's not enough Japanese guests (usually referring to seiyuu)", they tend to treat the Japanese guests like the be all end all kind of guests.

Even though I'm a guy who personally prefers to watch his anime in dubs, there are at least a few seiyuu I'd like to see be invited.  Like Yoko Hikasa (Rias Gremory on High School DxD, and Kyoko Kirigiri on Danganronpa).  It kind of shows how a lot of people tend to take for granted that Japanese guests (mainly seiyuus) are some, if not the most difficult kind of guests for the staff to get a hold of and invite.

And while I did enjoy myself at this year's Otakon, at the same, it had one of, if not the most disappointing guest line ups I've ever seen.  Why do I say that?  There was a lot of repeats this year.

Now I'm not entirely against repeats, as for every attendee it just depends solely on who the guest is, and how of a fan you are of said guest.  At the same time, though, repeating a guest can be quite a double edged sword.  Like whatever reasons the staff had, I strongly disagreed with their choice to have Stephanie Sheh and Michael Sinterniklass back for a 2nd year in a row.  Nothing against them at as people, but I'm not too big a fan of them, personally.  More so with Stephanie Sheh, as (in my opinion) I find her to be quite overrated, both as a voice actress, and con guest.

The only repeat guests I was 100% down with was Vic Mignogna, Michelle Ruff, Kyle Hebert, and Tony Oliver.  More so with Michelle Ruff, as before the 2017 event, the staff haven't had her since 2005.

With next year being their 25th anniversary, I do hope we'll have a more outstanding line up.  Both for dub actors, and Japanese folks.  I think it'd be nice for them to get folks like Steve Blum and/or Monica Rial to come back after more than 10 years.

• Like 1

Tachibana    13

Kind of ironic you call certain dub actors "overrated", yet mention Vic Mignogna as someone you're glad to see. He's perhaps the single most overrated dub actor ever, and every time I see him on a con's guest list I roll my eyes and just shrug, and suppose I'm thankful he'll eat up crowds, "I guess". And "as a con guest"... I mean I'm glad he behaves at Otakon but I've heard so many things from people about how he's treated staff at other cons, among other... things....

I think the bulk of my usual requests have been named already. But yes, more seiyuu. If I ever have the inclination to see dub actors I can go to any one of a billion other cons. Japanese guests are make or break as far as I'm concerned.

45 minutes ago, Tachibana said:

Kind of ironic you call certain dub actors "overrated", yet mention Vic Mignogna as someone you're glad to see. He's perhaps the single most overrated dub actor ever, and every time I see him on a con's guest list I roll my eyes and just shrug, and suppose I'm thankful he'll eat up crowds, "I guess". And "as a con guest"... I mean I'm glad he behaves at Otakon but I've heard so many things from people about how he's treated staff at other cons, among other... things....

Well don't get me wrong, even I personally find Vic to be overrated to an extent.  And while I am aware that he does have a bit of a controversial reputation, I'd like to think he's about as nice as many other con guests.  I was okay with him as a guest for the first year in DC for the reason that I had my 2nd chance in getting to meet him.  And while I'm definitely not too big a fan of his, and do like his voice over work, I wanted to meet him at least once, and have him sign my copy of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.  And during the con, I was able to meet him, and got his signature, and took a picture with him.  He seemed nice enough.

While I can believe a few things that people have said about him, I think some things that are said about Vic stem from any kind of instance of him having an off day.

Sure what I've said may seem ironic, but I do try to find variety in some dub actors resume of voice roles.  Vic odes have many popular roles like Ed Elric, among others, but even I believe in giving some of his not so very well known roles credit where credit is due.  Like Shuzo on Show By Rock, and Folken on Funimation's redub of Escaflowne.

That's just how I think however, so please take it all with a grain of rice.

Eddie 2    11

Since next year's theme is mecha I'll request for the 13th straight year......Yoshiyuki Tomino.

Probably won't happen but I request him every year, so it's pretty much tradition by now. 

Tachibana    13

Hm... Mecha themed....

This is EXTREMELY pie in the sky but if you guys could get Rinko Kikuchi (of Pacific Rim fame, among other films like Babel and 47 Ronin, as well as a goodly number of Japanese films), I'd LOVE that. 

Edit: Or Charlie Hunam, Idris Elba, or John Boyega, but they're a bit more of a stretch for the con's overall theme of Asian culture, Kikuchi-san at least has been in a lot of Japanese movies, and in the latter two's case quite a bit more high profile than any guess y'all have gotten before save maybe Uematsu.

Edited by Tachibana

RobertJ    0

With the announcement that Team Four Star is doing the official dub for the MadHouse anime film Hells get them as guests (as in they are invited and don't have to work in the dealers room selling their stuff unless they want too) since they have done anime roles before not just dbz abridged 

rotinoma    2

It would only be natural if Otakon hosted Anisong World Matsuri again in 2018, right??? If anything that's my biggest request next year.

Music guests:

• Trysail - They're finally practiced enough to be impressive
  • Fripside - Sats is cool 
  • fhana - Still probably the best anisong band active today
  • Tadokoro Azusa - Seiyuu and rock and she's adorably dorky
  • IDOLM@STER - Any is good: 765Pro, SideM, Cinderella, Million...
  • Wake Up,Girls! - They're great performers and occupies the space between anime and idol the best
  • Mizuki Nana - Why not? LOL
  • KOTOKO - Still great after all these years, she puts on one heck of a show
  • Sawano Hiroyuki & his band/SawanoHiroyuki[nZk] - Because I still don't know what lyrics his songs are on about.
  • Sphere - Why not...
  • nano.RIPE - Want to see them again...to ask Sasaki Jun some nerdy questions...

Production & artists:

• bkub - Time to give this comic artist the star treatment. 
  • A Japanese anime sound director. Maybe Takadera Takeshi since he's been to Canadian cons? Aketagawa Jin? Just would like more representation here.

Voice acting:

• Ueda Reina
  • Asumi Kana
  • Takahashi Rieri
  • Akasaki Chinatsu
  • Igarashi Hiromi
  • Matsuzaki Rie
  • Ohtsuka Akio
  • Numakura Manami
  • Suwa Ayaka
  • Mizuhashi Kaori
  • Lynn
  • Saki Fujita
  • Uesaka Sumire 
  • Komagata Yuri
  • Sawashiro Miyuki
  • Mikami Shiroi
  • Minami Tsuda
  • Kouda Mariko
  • Asano Masumi
  • Koyama Rikiya

this list probably can go on forever, maybe I'll have another post later...

But, AWM Otakon 2018 please, because only so many anime cons in the world can host one!!

majinsteph    2

Voice actors/actresses:

• Megumi Hayashibara
  • Takehito Koyasu
  • Daisuke Ono
  • Mamoru Miyano
  • Hiroshi Kamiya

Musical Guests:

• Linked Horizon
  • fripside
  • more Anisong/Lantis acts

Other:

Akira Toriyama (pipe dream but had to say it)

Zun (of Touhou fame)

a Lolita brand, preferably Innocent World or Metamorphose.  Baby the Stars Shine Bright or Angelic Pretty would also be nice, but I would understand if Otakon wants to build up its Lolita programming more before getting major Japanese guests.  

Edited by majinsteph

Tachibana    13

Oh my God I can't believe I forgot- Karen Strassman and Kat Steel would be awesome too!!

viga    1

There's this 80's retrowave band called Satellite Young I would love to see at a con.

I would also love to see Nana Mizuki,  Aquors, Yui Horie with a Miss Monochrome concert, Morning Musume, RADWIMPS, and Wake Up Girls.

Edited by viga
nana mizuki add

Krabstarr    30
On 8/15/2017 at 0:27 AM, Suika07 said:

And... if I may take that request one step further... the rest of Critical Role along with them! Or as many of them as you can get. (Matt Mercer, Sam Riegel, Marisha Ray, Taliesin Jaffe, Liam O'Brian, and Ashley Johnson if you can swing it!)

Having them would be a huge draw... they are all talented and prolific voice actors for both anime and video games, but then are also doing Critical Role together, which has become such a huge success. This will draw in the tabletop/RP gaming community as well, there is plenty of crossover interest there!

I came here to make this very same suggestion! Having them do even a mini (like 2 hr?) Critical Role session live would be amazing!

• Like 1

CocoFaerie    28
On 8/15/2017 at 6:21 PM, UzumakiWarlord said:

That's a very common complaint on threads like this.  In fact, that's a complaint heard just about every year.  Everyone has their own personal tastes in guests, and while I do believe that Japanese guests are a must, and are important for Otakon to have, one little fact that has always been there is that dub actors are what most attendees (myself included) go for anyway.

Now I don't mean any offense to you or anyone when I say this, but I do sometimes believe that when some people say "there's not enough Japanese guests (usually referring to seiyuu)", they tend to treat the Japanese guests like the be all end all kind of guests.

Even though I'm a guy who personally prefers to watch his anime in dubs, there are at least a few seiyuu I'd like to see be invited.  Like Yoko Hikasa (Rias Gremory on High School DxD, and Kyoko Kirigiri on Danganronpa).  It kind of shows how a lot of people tend to take for granted that Japanese guests (mainly seiyuus) are some, if not the most difficult kind of guests for the staff to get a hold of and invite.

And while I did enjoy myself at this year's Otakon, at the same, it had one of, if not the most disappointing guest line ups I've ever seen.  Why do I say that?  There was a lot of repeats this year.

Now I'm not entirely against repeats, as for every attendee it just depends solely on who the guest is, and how of a fan you are of said guest.  At the same time, though, repeating a guest can be quite a double edged sword.  Like whatever reasons the staff had, I strongly disagreed with their choice to have Stephanie Sheh and Michael Sinterniklass back for a 2nd year in a row.  Nothing against them at as people, but I'm not too big a fan of them, personally.  More so with Stephanie Sheh, as (in my opinion) I find her to be quite overrated, both as a voice actress, and con guest.

The only repeat guests I was 100% down with was Vic Mignogna, Michelle Ruff, Kyle Hebert, and Tony Oliver.  More so with Michelle Ruff, as before the 2017 event, the staff haven't had her since 2005.

With next year being their 25th anniversary, I do hope we'll have a more outstanding line up.  Both for dub actors, and Japanese folks.  I think it'd be nice for them to get folks like Steve Blum and/or Monica Rial to come back after more than 10 years.

I second bringing Moni-Chan back.  I also hope they can finally bring Colleen Clickenbeard over again (though they almost did a few Otakons ago).

Here's an interesting guest request, how about having back some of the "outside" guests, those that were brought in based on that year's theme (e.g. Ray Villard in 2014 when the theme was SPACE).  That could be a pretty fun way to look back at all the great people that hace entertained Otakon goers over the years.

xiutea    0
On 8/15/2017 at 6:21 PM, UzumakiWarlord said:

No offense taken, but I'm aware that everyone has their own personal tastes. That's why I mentioned that the lack of Japanese guests was *my* issue. I'm someone who only watches subbed anime (save for series that I watched when I was a kid), so regardless of how much I enjoy a series, it's hard to get excited for a voice that I'm not familiar with. Not my example, but a friend I attended this year's con with is a huge Gurren Lagann fan and really loves Yoko. However, he couldn't get that excited for the anniversary event because the guest wasn't the Yoko that he's familiar with (same goes for the Kamina).

Now, I'm not saying that Japanese guests are better, but again, I'm not familiar with most dub voices so the guests that I would like to see are generally Japanese.

On 8/15/2017 at 1:05 PM, xiutea said:

Musical Acts:
batta
DAOKO
Utada Hikaru
THE ORAL CIGARETTES
Yui

(Would also love to see another k-pop act)

Adding on to this, I completely forgot about fripSide! I'd like to see them too.

Edited by xiutea

Senpai17    3

The musical guests I'd love to see at Otakon:

Monkey Majik - They've collaborated m-Flo, SEAMO, and past musical guests the Yoshida Brothers (and a backdoor to get the Yoshida Brothers again ;)).

•  Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan - Opening: "Sunshine"
  • Cyborg 009: Call of Justice - Opening: "A.I am Human"
  • Cyborg 009: Call of Justice - Closing: "Is this Love"

Suemitsu & the Suemith

• Nodame Cantabile - Opening: "Allegro Cantabile"
  • Nodame Cantabile - Ending: "Sagittarius"

Orekaband - I know they've already performed for Otakon back in 2015 but I was amazing and I'm sure they would be well received a second time.

• Bleach - Ending: "Tsumasaki"
  • Naruto - Ending: "Pinocchio"

I've only one seiyuu in mind
Yui Horie (Yoshiko Horie) - She has a very long and illustrious carrer, just to highlight a few...

• 2017 - King's Game The Animation - Natsuko Honda
  • 2016 - Re:Zero - Starting Life in Another World - Felix
  • 2016 - KonoSuba - Wiz
  • 2010 - Fairy Tail - Carla
  • 2008 - Toradora! - Minori Kushieda
  • 2006/2002 - Kanon (Remake/Original) - Ayu Tsukimiya
  • 2001 - Fruits Basket - Tohru Honda
  • 2000 - Love Hina - Naru Narusegawa

This is just the anime series credits, She also has a long list of Games (Hitomi, Dead or Alive series to name one) and accomplished music artist. All in all Yui Horie has been working somewhere in the industry every year since 1997. She might be an impossible get for Otakon (or anyone in general) due to her schedule. But what a Guest she would be...

fuzzy nukes    1

fripSide or if you can somehow get them, Maximum the Hormone.

onsenmark    80

Okay, now I can officially throw in my... um... however much two cents is in yen... ^^;;; ehehe.

VAs/seiyuu:

- umm, dunno. ^^;

Production, etc:

- since next year's theme is mecha, I only have one request: Shoji Kawamori. Of course, that would be dependent on how busy he would be with the Macross Delta movie or whatever the next Macross series is called...

Musical acts:

- WALKURE. (see the entry for Kawamori above, namely the bit about the Delta film)

- Mari Iijima. According to animecons.com, she hasn't been to Otakon since 1999. Isn't it time to bring her back?

- BAND-MAID. I don't think they've done an East Coast con yet, and it would be a coup for Otakon if y'all got them.

Everything else:

- ZUN. Because why not?

- Hiroshi Fujioka. Because Kamen Rider Ichigo. Also Segata Sanshiro.

- Heck, anyone from tokusatsu would do.

Krabstarr    30

Musical Guest: Wagakki Band

Rocket News article about the band in 2014 for background:

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/04/11/up-and-coming-band-combines-traditional-japanese-instruments-with-pop-metal-and-awesomeness/

A blend of modern rock instruments (guitar, bass, drums) with traditional Japanese instruments such as Taiko drums, Tsugaru-Shamisen (a larger then normal Shamisen), Shakuhachi (flute), and Koto (plucked stringed instument played flat).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagakki_Band

Article from Billboard Japan of their recent activities 8/18/2017:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/international/7934089/wagakki-band-new-video-first-single-watch

• Like 1

Tachibana    13

Oh my God I'd love Wagakki Band!! I'd totally buy a concert ticket for them!

• Like 1

Here are my annual requests for:

Musical Guests: DO AS INFINITY (of whom was in Taiwan during Otakon this year. :( )
Voice Actors (Seiyuu):

Mitsuishi Kotono

Hisakawa Aya

Tomizawa Michie

Shinohara Emi

Fukami Rika

Furuya Tohru

Han Keiko

...and any of the other Sailor Moon seiyuu from the 90s series. I'd die happy if either DAI or these fine seiyuu were to come to Otakon 2018 (or any year possible).

...more seiyuu:

MEGUMI HAYASHIBARA!

Please and thank you.

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay

Guest A.M   
Guest A.M

- Ray Chase (Him growing up in Vegas is inspirational for aspiring voice actors from Vegas) 

- Robbie Daymond (Also lived in Vegas for awhile during his college years)

- Max Mittelman

- Erika Harlacher

- Erica Lindbeck

- Xanthe Huynh 

- Xander Mobus

- Orion Acaba

- Tom Bauer

Any of em would be awesome. :D

Jarmel    0

Yusuke Kozaki (No More Heroes, Fire Emblem, Under the Dog)

Yuuki Hayashi (Haikyuu, MHA, Kiznaiver) -He's mentioned recently that he wants to do a performance overseas

Osamu Horuichi (FMP)

Susumu Mitsunaka (Haikyuu)

Toshihiko Sahashi (Gundam Seed, Big O)

Unison Square Garden (BBB)

Masahiro Ando (Sword of the Stranger)

Yuzuru Tachikawa (Mob Psycho, Death Parade)

Yoshimichi Kameda (Mob Psycho)

Yoshihiko Umakoshi (MHA)

Masayoshi Tanaka (Your Name, Toradora, Anohana, Darling in the FrankXX)

Mikaru26    0

Hello!

I'd like to request:

Littlekuriboh from Yu-gi-oh Abridged  -- https://www.youtube.com/user/CardGamesFTW

Team Four Star from Dragonball Z Abridged---https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsvazPPlhZlch0-Z3wPByeg

ProZD (SungWon Cho) --https://www.youtube.com/user/ProZD

And if possible, although I know it might not be, Linkara  -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCejehlk5eLZlzgGP1rUx8kw

Thank you!

Edited by Mikaru26

alabaster    0

Folks, please note that guest requests are best kept in a single thread here for monitoring.

I've pulled in the other rogue threads and merged them here.

Please note that it's fine to request a guest that's already been requested. But please also read the pinned topic on this board, which is essentially a guest request FAQ.

alabaster    0
On 9/4/2017 at 3:48 PM, Mikaru26 said:

Hello!

I'd like to request:

Littlekuriboh from Yu-gi-oh Abridged  -- https://www.youtube.com/user/CardGamesFTW

Team Four Star from Dragonball Z Abridged---https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsvazPPlhZlch0-Z3wPByeg

ProZD (SungWon Cho) --https://www.youtube.com/user/ProZD

And if possible, although I know it might not be, Linkara  -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCejehlk5eLZlzgGP1rUx8kw

Thank you!

Various Abridged folks have often come to Otakon as panelists, but typically not as guests  -- which in Otakon terms means "guest of honor".  Little Kuriboh's been a few times.

motoki-O    21

My requests:

Kiyohiko Azuma - Azumanga Daioh and Yotsuba&! were a big part of my life growing up, and I've always been impressed by his artistic and design sense, as well as his storytelling and comic timing.

Range Murata - Another person with iconic work in the industry and stunning art/design chops (even if his industrial design sense gave animators headaches).

Aqours [Love Live! Sunshine!!] - They're shiny, lovable, and fantastic, with a devoted North American fanbase willing to travel long distances to see them in person, and I know they've been making particular effort to reach out to new international markets.

fripSide - Adding on to the pile of people requesting. Experienced and talented, with tons of songs that anime fans know by heart, which puts them right in the lane we like to draw from in terms of musical guests.