Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fadamor

ShowClix isn't forwarding registration status

I paid ShowClix, they sent me a confirmation email and the money deducted from my checking account on February 27, and... The Otakon website is still saying I have no membership this year? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Oscar?

(PLEASE don't tell me that in the 21st century someone still has to manually transfer information from ShowClix to the Otakon side!)

When you registered, there should have been a warning saying that there is a delay for it to be transfered to Otakon's side and that as long as you had the confirmation from ShowClix, you were sucessfully registered,

I didn't see that warning, but that doesn't mean it wasn't displayed. I am sometimes not the most observant of individuals. Hmm... how long is this delay?

EDIT: Doh! Just found the specified warning on my member page where it's showing my 2018 status as "INACTIVE".

Well, it is the 21st century and computers are still wonderful devices that only do what they understand you told them to do. Secure connectivity is the trick here, since the info can be considered PII, and if things don't line up correctly the connection doesn't transmit.

Getting this sorted out has been complicated by the fact that they work on their side during regular business hours, and as volunteers - we can not.  Since the info is secure on ShowClix side, we decided to open registration now instead of waiting to resolve the communication issues.  My guesstimate is that we'll have this sorted out in the next week or two.

As someone else mentioned, as long as you can log into ShowClix interface and see your confirmation there, you will be good to go come Otakon.

Mine took 2-3 days before it showed up

My main reason for concern was I was intending to dive back into the Gofer pool this year and 2018 membership preregistration is required before you can register as a Gofer. (Get it? "dive" into the "pool"?.... <crickets chirping>  ...Hello? [tap tap tap] Is this mic on?...)

It doesn't look like they have the 2018 Gofer registration set up yet, however.

6 hours ago, Fadamor said:

My main reason for concern was I was intending to dive back into the Gofer pool this year and 2018 membership preregistration is required before you can register as a Gofer. (Get it? "dive" into the "pool"?.... <crickets chirping>  ...Hello? [tap tap tap] Is this mic on?...)

It doesn't look like they have the 2018 Gofer registration set up yet, however.

Yeah they are rolling out the gofer reg a little later from what I'm hearing. I'm hoping one day to be on staff so I can help further then gofering. I found out I enjoy the con in more ways even working it .I got to meet more people and interact with them more then if I was wandering around.

19 hours ago, Kewshi said:

Yeah they are rolling out the gofer reg a little later from what I'm hearing. I'm hoping one day to be on staff so I can help further then gofering. I found out I enjoy the con in more ways even working it .I got to meet more people and interact with them more then if I was wandering around.

I agree. I was involved with many more interesting aspects of Otakon while I was a Gofer. For example, I'm not artistically inclined and generally don't identify drawing-based workshops as something to attend, but a workshop covering colored pen usage that I was assigned to help setup was interesting even to a caveman like me.

3 hours ago, Fadamor said:

I agree. I was involved with many more interesting aspects of Otakon while I was a Gofer. For example, I'm not artistically inclined and generally don't identify drawing-based workshops as something to attend, but a workshop covering colored pen usage that I was assigned to help setup was interesting even to a caveman like me.

Nice

One of these years I do want to get to see the maid cafe

Like Matt said, we're working on a more automated process to update our database, but for right now, we're manually importing records.  We didn't want to delay registration just for that, so it's manual for now.  I was hopeful that I would have had time this weekend to finish it, but alas other things took priority, so it's looking like it'll be another week out. 

It may be the 21st century, but a lot of our older systems are...not... (but we're working on it!)

I just ran the most recent import, so everyone from up to around 11:12pm Sunday night should be in there.

And since Gofers tie into the same system, that also means Gofer registration won't work until the member record makes it over to us.  So I'm going to try really hard to get Gofer registration open next weekend.  I think at least the last 2 years I had it open the same day as registration... there goes my track record... 

Fadamor- If you're thinking of getting back into Gofering, you should probably shoot Gofer Ops an email.  Your Gofer account will need to be re-enabled from back in 2013 where you requested to be removed.

1 hour ago, .taro. said:

Fadamor- If you're thinking of getting back into Gofering, you should probably shoot Gofer Ops an email.  Your Gofer account will need to be re-enabled from back in 2013 where you requested to be removed.

2013?! Jeeze Louise was it really that long ago? :blink: I'm surprised they kept the Gofer info on me that long.

Is Cousin Sue still the point of contact in Gofer Ops?

Edit: Just tried logging in to www.otakon.com. It still shows my account inactive for 2018. :(

8 hours ago, Fadamor said:

2013?! Jeeze Louise was it really that long ago? :blink: I'm surprised they kept the Gofer info on me that long.

Is Cousin Sue still the point of contact in Gofer Ops?

goferops@otakorp.org is the main contact.  Sue and Brian are DHs for this year.

8 hours ago, Fadamor said:

Edit: Just tried logging in to www.otakon.com. It still shows my account inactive for 2018. :(

Looks like it's possibly the last name didn't match because your member account has a "Jr" and the registration does not.  I'll have to dig a little more to find what exactly happened.

6 hours ago, .taro. said:

goferops@otakorp.org is the main contact.  Sue and Brian are DHs for this year.

Looks like it's possibly the last name didn't match because your member account has a "Jr" and the registration does not.  I'll have to dig a little more to find what exactly happened.

Yeah, my legal name has a "Jr." but sometimes online registration forms don't allow for it. I usually use it so my dad doesn't get missives intended for me.

Looking back through my registration history, 2012 through 2015 I used "Jr.", but for 2017 (I skipped Otakon 2016) I did not and was still able to register.

Thanks for the contact info. I'll send them a heads-up that my Gofer account may need to be dredged from the abyss. ^_^