Sign in to follow this  
CocoFaerie

The 2018 Otakon Goer Roll-Call Thread

Welcome hons to the Roll-Call Thread!  It's a tradition of mine to offer this for all the Otakon goers that will grace the convention floor.  This being the 25th Otakon, I thought something fine was needed.  So with that, here are this year's parameters:

NAME:

HOMETOWN:

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable):

BONUS (Your favorite anime that you first saw, and/or was announced, at the Otakon):

I think that's fine enough.  Be good until then, and we'll meet again in August.

I always just browse (stalk) the boards, but this year I figured I would actually reopen my account lolll

NAME: Cee
HOMETOWN: Middletown, DE
# of Otakon’s: 13
Bonus: I honestly never watch what is shown at Ota, but I vaguely remember watching the first few episodes of AoT back when it was first getting popular. ♪(´ε` )

I’m so excited for this year, I can’t wait to see everyone~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAME: Heather

HOMETOWN: Bethlehem, PA

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable): This year will be my 10th and probably last~!

NAME: Allison

HOMETOWN: Glen Burnie, MD

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable): This will be my 6th Otakon, i'm so excited! 

Name : matt

Hometown: reading pa currently living in allentown

Been coming to otakon since the day trip we took back in 04 so yeah :3 I love it

Name: Daniel (Danny) Perales

Hometown: New York, NY

# of Otakon attended (including this year): This year will be my 25th

First favorite anime that I saw at Otakon: Video Girl Ai

NAME: Kat Ingersoll

HOMETOWN: Burlington, NC

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable): 9; This is the first year I'm skipping the con since I started attending in 2009.

BONUS (Your favorite anime that you first saw, and/or was announced, at the Otakon): I don't remember. I think I watched some Lupin movies debuted at Otakon. I don't usually go to cons to do things I can do at home for free.

I won't be attending this year because my baby will be six weeks old then. I want her to have at least her first round of shots before I expose her to a convention environment.

NAME: Steph

HOMETOWN: Rockville, Maryland

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable): 11, I've attended every con since 2007 except for 2012

BONUS (Your favorite anime that you first saw, and/or was announced, at the Otakon): Attack on Titan

I'm so stressing over who to cosplay as this year!!!

NAME: Jonathan

HOMETOWN: Wilkes barre, PA

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable): 13 at least

BONUS (Your favorite anime that you first saw, and/or was announced, at the Otakon): Final fantasy Unlimited

NAME: Katie

HOMETOWN: Ithaca, NY

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable): 2, this will be my second year, but I am not new to anime convention rodeos.

BONUS (Your favorite anime that you first saw, and/or was announced, at the Otakon): I haven't seen any anime for the first time at Otakon.

NAME:  Steven

HOMETOWN:  Blacksburg, VA

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable):  7 (first attended in 2010)

BONUS (Your favorite anime that you first saw, and/or was announced, at the Otakon):  Lupin III (the original 1971 series).

NAME: Amanda

HOMETOWN: Philadelphia, PA

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable): I skipped some years in between, but I started going in 2004 so around 7 or 8 total. 

BONUS (Your favorite anime that you first saw, and/or was announced, at the Otakon): Didn't watch something for the first time at the con actually

Name: Joel

Hometown: Downingtown, Pennsylvania

# of Otakons Attended: If I can attend this year will be number 8. I say 'if' because I'm moving to Japan in August and don't have my departure date set yet. 

Bonus: Favorite anime I first saw at Otakon- Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

NAME: Larry

HOMETOWN: Manassas, VA

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable): Six (I skipped the last one in Baltimore)

Quirky Fact: Ehhh... Everything about me is quirky.

Edited by Fadamor

Name: Kristin

Hometown: Springfield, VA

# of Otakons Attended (including this year): I think 6? I started going when I was in highschool in 2005, but didn't go at all while I was in college. Started attending again in 2013, and have missed 2014 and 2017. I've been to a few cons at the convention center in DC, so I'm excited to see how it works for Otakon - I've heard great things!

• Like 1