Sign in to follow this  
CocoFaerie

The 2018 Otakon Goer Roll-Call Thread

Welcome hons to the Roll-Call Thread!  It's a tradition of mine to offer this for all the Otakon goers that will grace the convention floor.  This being the 25th Otakon, I thought something fine was needed.  So with that, here are this year's parameters:

NAME:

HOMETOWN:

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable):

BONUS (Your favorite anime that you first saw, and/or was announced, at the Otakon):

I think that's fine enough.  Be good until then, and we'll meet again in August.

I always just browse (stalk) the boards, but this year I figured I would actually reopen my account lolll

NAME: Cee
HOMETOWN: Middletown, DE
# of Otakon’s: 13
Bonus: I honestly never watch what is shown at Ota, but I vaguely remember watching the first few episodes of AoT back when it was first getting popular. ♪(´ε` )

I’m so excited for this year, I can’t wait to see everyone~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAME: Heather

HOMETOWN: Bethlehem, PA

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable): This year will be my 10th and probably last~!

NAME: Allison

HOMETOWN: Glen Burnie, MD

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable): This will be my 6th Otakon, i'm so excited! 

Name : matt

Hometown: reading pa currently living in allentown

Been coming to otakon since the day trip we took back in 04 so yeah :3 I love it

Name: Daniel (Danny) Perales

Hometown: New York, NY

# of Otakon attended (including this year): This year will be my 25th

First favorite anime that I saw at Otakon: Video Girl Ai

NAME: Kat Ingersoll

HOMETOWN: Burlington, NC

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable): 9; This is the first year I'm skipping the con since I started attending in 2009.

BONUS (Your favorite anime that you first saw, and/or was announced, at the Otakon): I don't remember. I think I watched some Lupin movies debuted at Otakon. I don't usually go to cons to do things I can do at home for free.

I won't be attending this year because my baby will be six weeks old then. I want her to have at least her first round of shots before I expose her to a convention environment.

NAME: Steph

HOMETOWN: Rockville, Maryland

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable): 11, I've attended every con since 2007 except for 2012

BONUS (Your favorite anime that you first saw, and/or was announced, at the Otakon): Attack on Titan

I'm so stressing over who to cosplay as this year!!!

NAME: Jonathan

HOMETOWN: Wilkes barre, PA

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable): 13 at least

BONUS (Your favorite anime that you first saw, and/or was announced, at the Otakon): Final fantasy Unlimited

NAME: Katie

HOMETOWN: Ithaca, NY

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable): 2, this will be my second year, but I am not new to anime convention rodeos.

BONUS (Your favorite anime that you first saw, and/or was announced, at the Otakon): I haven't seen any anime for the first time at Otakon.

NAME:  Steven

HOMETOWN:  Blacksburg, VA

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable):  7 (first attended in 2010)

BONUS (Your favorite anime that you first saw, and/or was announced, at the Otakon):  Lupin III (the original 1971 series).

NAME: Amanda

HOMETOWN: Philadelphia, PA

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable): I skipped some years in between, but I started going in 2004 so around 7 or 8 total. 

BONUS (Your favorite anime that you first saw, and/or was announced, at the Otakon): Didn't watch something for the first time at the con actually

Name: Joel

Hometown: Downingtown, Pennsylvania

# of Otakons Attended: If I can attend this year will be number 8. I say 'if' because I'm moving to Japan in August and don't have my departure date set yet. 

Bonus: Favorite anime I first saw at Otakon- Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

NAME: Larry

HOMETOWN: Manassas, VA

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable): Six (I skipped the last one in Baltimore)

Quirky Fact: Ehhh... Everything about me is quirky.

Edited by Fadamor

Name: Kristin

Hometown: Springfield, VA

# of Otakons Attended (including this year): I think 6? I started going when I was in highschool in 2005, but didn't go at all while I was in college. Started attending again in 2013, and have missed 2014 and 2017. I've been to a few cons at the convention center in DC, so I'm excited to see how it works for Otakon - I've heard great things!

• Like 1

NAME: Joe

HOMETOWN: Rockville, MD. <---- thought I would be the only one from here?

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED (including this year's, if applicable): This will be my 21st consecutive Otakon.

BONUS (Your favorite anime that you first saw, and/or was announced, at the Otakon): Tough. Likely Air: The End of Evangelion, unless This is Otakudom counts. Or Nescalflowne.

Quirky fact: Hmm . . . my first bike (Charlotte - who's named after the character from Samurai Showdown) is the only bike I'm aware of that's successfully cosplayed at Otakon. It was 1998 in Crystal City.

• Like 1

Guess it's my turn next...

NAME: Will

HOMETOWN: Allentown, PA

# of OTAKONS ATTENDED: This will be my 3rd Otakon (late to the party)

BONUS: Hmm I think Erased from the 2016 Otakon, hadn't seen that one before then.

As we near the 25th Otakon, it's only appropriate I check in as well.

NAME:  Dorie

HOMETOWN:  Glen Burnie, MD

# OF OTAKONS ATTENDED:  fifteen in succession, this will be sixteen.

BONUS:  Many great moments over the years, but two dub premieres stick out, which kinda connects guest-wise to this Otakon.  The first is the Sgt. Frog DUB premiere in that awesome 16th Otakon (2009).  That made me love Todd Haberkorn, even before he became better known as Fairy Tail's Natsu.  The other was a three Otakons later, with the Madoka Magica DUB premiere.  I didn't get to watch the last episodes they ran for that due to an Industry panel overlapping near the end of the screening, but it blew my mind & redefined what I thought about my favored magical girl genre (for the better, yes.).

Edited by CocoFaerie