Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bob61cope@yahoo.com

WHAT ANIME?

Question

6 answers to this question

I didn't think they used actual anime on the shirts. They usually have their mascots representing whatever the theme was for that year.

Quite correct, that's our mascot Hiroshi (his slightly older sister, Hiroko, is our girl mascot, and Crabby-chan is our animal mascot). 

The theme was fairy tales and legends that year, so the art evokes that. 

Here's where you can read about our mascots: https://www.otakon.com/info/mascots/

They've appeared in numerous comic strips, several opening animations, and plenty of commercials  -- as well as in shirts and other paraphernalia.

Each year we have a different theme to unify our art and programming. This year's is giant robots. :)  Prior years have included time travel, super heroes, sports, racing, space, music, and food.  Our last year in Baltimore we themed around voyages, and last year's theme was spies and espionage.

So if Hiroshi-kun is into Mecha models and this year's theme is "Giant Robots", I imagine he's going to be featured on this year's shirts. ^_^

On 5/18/2018 at 5:51 PM, Fadamor said:

So if Hiroshi-kun is into Mecha models and this year's theme is "Giant Robots", I imagine he's going to be featured on this year's shirts. ^_^

I would imagine so, though we usually depict all three mascots on the shirts. 

On 5/18/2018 at 2:51 PM, Fadamor said:

Crabby flies the mechs around these parts!