Sign in to follow this  
Kristin Garrett

Hype Thread!

We're almost a month away now... Let's talk about what we're excited to see/do at Otakon! What cosplay(s) are you working on/planning to wear? What are some things that you think everyone should try at Otakon? What merch are you hunting for?

I'm planning to cosplay as Kaho from Blend-S as well as a TIE Fighter Pilot! I have a few minor things to do for my Kaho cosplay (style the wig, iron the dress, etc.), but I'm super excited to wear her!

I'm mostly excited to just go to the convention and be around other fans and cosplayers - I haven't been to a convention since JANUARY (MAGFest), so I'm itching to be at a convention again. I'm hoping there are some hentai screening panels again at night - my friend and I love to go to those and make jokes with the people around us. I'm not sure what i'm hunting for as far as merch is concerned, but I definitely want some more stickers for my sewing machine, maybe some prints and charms as well.

Hesitantly excited... If everything goes to plan I'll be bringing Lynn Minmay from Macross/Robotech and Casca from Berserk, specifically her big dumb ball gown. That is, if it doesn't end up kicking my butt. Sewing a "17th century inspired" (with apparently 18th century details.. wtf Miura???) gown when you've never made any historical costumes before is quite a doozy. Oof.

I'm curious as to what the DBZ tour is going to be like. I wish I finished my DBZ armor, but I messed up on the last two attempts so I'm kind of reluctant to try again.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I haven't been to a convention in 8 years, so I think at this point I'm just excited about everything...

• Like 1

I'm was pretty excited to cosplay Yuuri Katsuki and then they announced Josh Grelle and my excitement went up 1000000%

i'm also making a lil care package of BNHA merch for a friend that lives overseas :)

I'm just generally, broadly excited. Otakon is just a yearly escape for me. No costume plans. I wanna get Masaya Matsukaze to autograph my Megaranger DVD set. Other than that, nothing too specific on my list.

• Like 1

Woooo!

I'm planning on doing Jotaro Kujo from JJBA on Friday (although that depends on when the Jojo's photoshoot is) and Kris from Pokemon Special on Saturday! My friends and I are doing the Johto Trio + Kanto from the manga so I'm really looking forward to it. I had such a great time last year and got to meet a bunch of friendly people- I'm hoping I'll have a similar, if not better experience this year.

As for merch, I'm always hunting for BNHA, JJBA, Steins Gate, and whatever catches my eye, really. I've seen a bunch of shows so I enjoy collecting little things from every series I enjoy! I might go hunting for some artists I collected business cards from last year too.

Edited by disappointmint

I'm hoping to cosplay at Otakon for the first time. Planning on going as Ramba Ral and old man Link. Still have a ways to go on the Link cosplay though.

• Like 1

I'm hoping to cosplay at Otakon for the first time. Planning on going as Ramba Ral and old man Link. Still have a ways to go on the Link cosplay though.
Old man Link? That's interesting! What's left that you need to finish?

1 hour ago, animal_crackers said:

Old man Link? That's interesting! What's left that you need to finish?

Gotta finish sewing a few odds and ends on the main outfit, finish my Master Sword, and decide how I want to do the hair and beard (don't shave and dye my hair or make a wig/beard combo). A bunch of small yet time consuming things.

I’m excited since I’m going to the Friday concert at Otakon for the first time in all the years I’ve been going. ︎('ω'︎ ) I’m cosplaying from FF14 & FF15 basically all weekend with various friends, and hopefullyyyyy will have lots of fun shenanigans~

I’m also excited for lots of food around the area. Lots of food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

12 hours ago, disappointmint said:

I'm planning on doing Jotaro Kujo from JJBA on Friday (although that depends on when the Jojo's photoshoot is) and Kris from Pokemon Special on Saturday! My friends and I are doing the Johto Trio + Kanto from the manga so I'm really looking forward to it. I had such a great time last year and got to meet a bunch of friendly people- I'm hoping I'll have a similar, if not better experience this year.

As for merch, I'm always hunting for BNHA, JJBA, Steins Gate, and whatever catches my eye, really. I've seen a bunch of shows so I enjoy collecting little things from every series I enjoy! I might go hunting for some artists I collected business cards from last year too.

Steins gate really is the best :p

WHOOOO HYPE TRAIN~~~~

I'm excited a for a number of reasons. First, this'll be year 10 for me going to Otakon overall in a row might I add! Also, this is the second year in a row I'm dragging a childhood friend with me to his 2nd ever Ota.I'm also bringing someone I met at Anime Boston this year to Ota for his first year ever too...

I'm also excited to finally debut a cosplay at Otakon (well technically I truly debuted it at Anime Boston this year but yeah). For all you Vocaloid fans out there that play or don't play Project Diva I'm bringing a version of Miku that's never been cosplayed anywhere I can tell (besides me at AB 2018 and ACen 2018): Street Pop Miku (somewhat genderbent I guess?). If anyone here remembers my "Otakon 2017 Cosplays?" thread that I started I wanted to debut SP Miku last summer at Otakon but my dumbass lost my clothing luggage in NYC en route to DC (well en route to my friend's house in CT, but yeah).

Aforementioned thread: 

Soo yeah besides that I'm just excited to get away from New England for a bit and to be at a con for the first time since May for ACen.

If anyone sees me in my Senbonzakura Miku Genderbend (profile pic here) or my Street Pop Miku do not hesitate to ask for a pic or approach me and say hi!

Lastly, @Kristin Garrett feel free to join the unofficial but totally awesome Otakon Discord server if you've not already to chat about the hype with us all on there! We gain new members every day, especially since we're that month out from the con. Link: https://discord.gg/Kn7Ewkx

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Kewshi said:

Steins gate really is the best :p

It is! I got through the original anime and now I'm trying to catch up with 0- I also have the VN's but I don't think I'll have time to complete both games before the con.

I.need to catch up on 0

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

(removed the video link to shorten the page)

I might actually add this to my con hype playlist

My playlist is public. I aimed for anime vibe music but not filled with a ton of anime soundtrack music. So everyone can listen!

• Like 1