Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TomDent

Question about Cosplay Potion Bottles

Question

This year I'm trying to finish up my Link cosplay from Legend of Zelda. As part of the costume, I bought three small bottles (each one roughly the size of a baseball though not round) and planned to either carry them in a leather satchel I made or tie them to the shoulder strap of my satchel so they can be seen at all times. All three bottles are glass (I'm trying to switch to plastic if I can find ones with the right look) and I planned to make a small fairy to put in one and different colored water to look like potions in the other two (they are also corked and sealed with hot glue). So what I'm asking is this: Are liquid filled bottles as I described allowed as part of a cosplay and if they are, then are glass bottles allowed or do I need to switch to something else like plastic?

2 answers to this question

Well neither liquid filled props, nor glass are specifically prohibited in our policy.  The only thing in our policy that addresses any liquids is for squirt guns and how they can't be operational or be filled.  I would say if you are careful, and ensure they are glued properly, that they should be fine.  Just be careful with them so they don't break (more so watching out for others bumping into you).

3 hours ago, OtakuCop said:

Well neither liquid filled props, nor glass are specifically prohibited in our policy.  The only thing in our policy that addresses any liquids is for squirt guns and how they can't be operational or be filled.  I would say if you are careful, and ensure they are glued properly, that they should be fine.  Just be careful with them so they don't break (more so watching out for others bumping into you).

Will do! Thank you so much!