Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TomDent

Question on prop weapon inspection

Question

I know I've asked a couple of cosplay related questions already, but please bear with me as this is my first time with a serious cosplay at Otakon. I plan on cosplaying as Link this year and I'll have an EVA foam sword and shield. I assume that I'll have to get these checked out, right? So, how do I go about this when I arrive at con? Do I go through the bag check line (since I'll have a bag) and then to some other line for weapon checks or is there some other special line that I go through first? A few details: I will have a bag to be checked, I'll have a foam sword and shield, I'll already have my badge since I got it mailed, and I'm staying at the connected hotel (the Marquis I think is the name) for the first time and I don't know how it works entering the con from there.

2 answers to this question

There is a line for all who have bags and/or props needing inspecting.  Once you reach inspection area, if you have props you will be directed to a specific lane/table where prop & bag will be inspected.  If no prop, then you'd go through normal bag check lines.

That said, if its just made of EVA foam, it doesn't sounds like something that really needs checking.  But I can't say that definitively based upon how well its made and painted, etc and would have to see it myself to be sure.  So always better safe than sorry your initial time entering to have it checked.  We will either marks the prop as being approved, or tell you that it doesn't need inspecting in which case you can skip that line in future (unless you come in with a new prop).

Thank you so much!