Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EdKitten

With A Disability, I Had To Wait In The Outside Line

Question

It's probably too late to request this, since Otakon's already started, but if it's possible, could someone tell the people managing the lines outside that disabled people can go inside right to bag check?  (Unless I'm misunderstanding your policies, then please forgive this post, and delete it.)

Today (Friday), around 12:45pm when I got to the WEWCC, a staff person told me to stand in the line outside, then after bag check someone would show me to the Accessibility area.

I'm disabled and the disability is very obvious just by looking at me, so I was surprised that I had to stand in the outside line.  Thank goodness the line was pretty short and moved quickly.  But if this happens Saturday and Sunday with those really long lines outside, well, I'll have to take a lot of pain medicine.  So, if it's possible, could someone please inform the staff managing the outside lines?  Thank you very much, in advance.

Other than that, had an absolute blast at Otakon today!!!

2 answers to this question

Our lines team should have known that, but sometimes it's hard for us to find our accessibility members. In the future please feel free to flag down a staff member, or just head straight to the front and explain it to the staff member at the front of the line 

On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 11:50 AM, kimmibeans said:

Our lines team should have known that, but sometimes it's hard for us to find our accessibility members. In the future please feel free to flag down a staff member, or just head straight to the front and explain it to the staff member at the front of the line

Thanks!  Just so glad the line, back then, was pretty short and moving quickly.  Didn't have a problem on the other days.  :)

Thanks a million for all the help you give on the forums and Otakon!