Guest k227s

The Otakon 2019 Guest Request Thread

Guest k227s

I’m not sure about the time frame for such decisions so if some kind of deadline has already passed then apologies!

I noticed that Otakon doesn’t have any cosplay guests currently in the lineup (as far as I could tell) and since cosplay has become such a staple in the anime/gaming community I think it would be pretty cool to have some well known cosplayers as guests this year!

Some suggestions:

Leon Chiro (@leonchiro on instagram) —> I believe he is helping promote Final Fantasy XV right now as Gladio, which would work well considering the Final Fantasy concert
Yaya Han (@yayahan on instagram)
AKrCos (@akrcos on instagram)
Moderately Okay Cosplay (@moderatelyokaycosplay on instagram)
Nipah (@nipahcos on instagram)

There are many others of course but I think any one of these cosplayers would make a fantastic addition to the guest list either this year or next!

Because you can never be too early hons.

I'm a go ahead on make this thread so we goers can start making guest wishlists for the 26th Otakon.  Can we please not crowd this subforum for once?

That said, here's my early guest requests:
Monica Rial, Colleen Clickenbeard, Sarah Wiedenheft

May J. (host of NHK World's J-MELO).  Also, I feel that inviting other presenters from that network may add a savory flavor to the Japanese culture side of the convention's overall mission.

Also a request to invite some people from the anime studio WHITE FOX.  They have made many great shows such as Re:Zero, Part-Timer & Girls Last Tour, and I think it's time Otakon goers get a chance to thank them in person.

• Thanks 1

With 2018's Otakon in the books, I too shall start making my wishlist for some of the guests I'd like to see be invited for 2019's Otakon.

These are the following people I would strongly consider inviting:

Dub Voice Actors

1. Jamie Marchi

2. Monica Rial

3. Eric Vale

4. Steve Blum

5. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn

6. Wendee Lee

7. Ben Diskin

8. Sean Chiplock

9. Amber Lee Connors

10. Morgan Berry

11. Justin Briner

12. Cliff Chaplin

13. Karen Strassman

14. Kira Buckland

15. Xander Mobus

16. Matt Mercer

17. Marisha Ray

18. Erika Harlacher

19. Ian Sinclair

20. Chris Sabat

21. Luci Christian

22. Erica Lindbeck

23. Patrick Seitz

24. Yuri Lowenthal

25. Tara Platt

26. Sarah Weidenheft

27. Matt Shipman

28. Felecia Angelle

29. Tia Ballard

30. Veronica Taylor

Seiyuu

1. Yoko Hikasa

2. Hitomi Hirada

3. Yoshisugu Matsuoka

Cosplayers

1. Yaya Han

2. Jessica Nigri

3. Giada Robin

Musical Acts

1. Fripside

2. Linked Horizon

I'll continue my annual tradition and request...Yoshiyuki Tomino!

I know one of these years we might eventually get him!

Edited by Eddie 2

2 hours ago, UzumakiWarlord said:

Musical Acts

1. Fripside

A million times yes for this.

Also, Steve Blum since he's the only VA that I would actually like to meet.

Kira Buckland, Alexis Tipton and Jamie Marchi for dub VAs.

For the musical guest I'd love Goose House. Not sure how feasible that is though....

Edited by KyoKyo

Most likely not attending next year but if any of these people come I definitely will:

Seiyuu:
Katsuyuki Konishi
Miyuki Sawashiro
Jun Fukuyama
Tsubasa Yonaga
Ryotaro Okiayu
Junichi Suwabe
Yuuichi Nakamura
Akira Ishida
Hiroshi Kamiya
Daisuke Ono
Daisuke Namikawa
Takehito Koyasu
Takahiro Sakurai
Kazuya Nakai
Mamiko Noto
Kaito Ishikawa
Yuichiro Umehara
any relevant/popular seiyuu

Musical artists:
OLDCODEX
GRANRODEO

*rises from his slumber*

- Walkure

- Walkure

- Walkure(seriously, we got Kawamori this year(and I am kicking myself for not going, over and over and...), but no Walkure? Otakon, I am mildly disappoint.)

Now that we have that out of the way:

Dub actors:

- can't think of any, offhand, really. Maybe get Kyle Hebert back?

Seiyuu:

- Ami Koshimizu

- seconding Yoko Hikasa(particularly if y'all get Walkure)

Mangaka:

- Kaoru Mori

- Bkub Okawa

Musical:

- JUNNA(with or without Walkure)

That's all I can think of for now...

Edited by onsenmark

Natsuko Kuwatani, please. PLEASE.

Also Carrie Keranen. Only been four years, I know, but I can still ask!

Also also, Sarah Blandy! I know she's not toooo too big. I just. Love Kagero a lot, haha.

6 minutes ago, Tachibana said:

Also also, Sarah Blandy! I know she's not toooo too big. I just. Love Kagero a lot, haha.

OMG, someone who actually knows who she is!! =]  I went to school college with her, she was a senior my freshman year.  I would love for her to come especially since I haven't seen her since she moved to Cali. =/

How about this for a pairing?

Go Nagai  (Devilman, Mazinga, etc)

and

Hideki Anno? (Evangelion, Shin Godzilla)

Here's a quick list I threw together:

Bring back Bryce Papenbrook and Cherami Leigh. These were amazing guests!

Michelle Ruff

Sarah Anne Williams

Chris Patton

Kirk Thornton

Ryan Bartley

Stephanie Sheh

Kirk Thornton

Taylor Henry

Cassandra Lee Morris

Patrick Seitz

Christine Marie Cabanos

Marc Diraison

Okay, I just listed all the VA from SAO Ordinal Scale and I know many of them have other roles they've played outside of SAO.

Jason David Frank

Austin St. John

I know a handful of the guests have been to Otakon's prior, but still wanted to throw their names out there.

Mangaka: 
Natsume Ono (House of Five Leaves, ACCA) Such great storytelling and art style! 
Kabi Nagata (My Lesbian Experience with Lonliness, and My Solo Exchange Diary) I wonder if she'd be up for visiting. :)

Music: 
Every year until they come! Asian Kung-fu Generation! ;) 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2018 at 7:16 PM, fuzzy nukes said:

A million times yes for this.

Also, Steve Blum since he's the only VA that I would actually like to meet.

Indeed, regarding Steve Blum.  Especially since he's one of those guests that the staff haven't had for years (the last time he was a guest at Otakon was 2007).  It's the same case with some other guests like Monica Rial, Jamie Marchi, Chuck Huber, and at least a dozen others.

I know I've spoken about this many times, but isn't there anyone on the staff who actually would like to see folks like Steve, Monica, and Jamie come back?  Are they even aware of how long it's been since they've been guests at Otakon?

I'm sorry, but it's just very annoying and frustrating how it tends to take the staff forever to come around to have certain past guests to come back.  Even if there are some good, and justifiable reasons, it still doesn't change the fact that they've put off bringing certain guests back for too long.

Despite my complaints, though, I do hope that at least someday the staff will come around to having Steve, Monica, and Jamie come back.  And just about any other previous guest that they haven't had for so long.  Where's the love for those people?

I like to add some more people:

Dub Voice Actors:

Meg McClain (Rachel from "Angels of Death")

Jill Harris

Jonathan Meza (Saitou from "The Familiar of Zero", former host of "Anime TV" and "Otaku Movie Anatomy")

Natalie Hoover

Megan Shipman

Kate Oxley

Brittany Lauda

Dallas Reid

Juliet Simmons

Jennifer Alyx

Amanda Lee

Amanda Winn Lee

Emily Neves

Sean Chiplock

Bryn Apprill

Tia Ballard

Felecia Angelle

Michelle Knotz

Eileen Stevens

Kate Bristol

Sarah Wiedenheft

Musical Guests:

The Legend of Zelda:  Symphony of the Goddess  (since we had the Final Fantasy:  Distant Worlds orchestral group this year)

Yuki Kajiura and/or her orchestra group

Suzumu Hirasawa  (composer of "Berserk" (1997), "Paranoia Agent", and "Paprika")

Ear Phones  (The group of voice actresses from "Seiyuu's Life".  Yes, they've formed a JPOP group for real.)

Other Guests:

Aimee Major Steinberger (animator for "Futurama", cosplayer, and creator of "Japan Ai:  A Tall Girl's Adventures in Japan)

At least one well-known representative from Nintendo (if possible)

A representative from Mano Animation Studios:  the studio working on the very first full-length animated movie from Pakistan:  "The Glassworker".  (That movie is said to be inspired by anime.  Especially Studio Ghibli.)

I only have one request. Musical guest for the Festival themed Otakon 25th Anniversary:

WAGAKKI BAND

A blend of modern rock instruments (guitar, bass, drums) with traditional Japanese instruments such as Taiko drums, Tsugaru-Shamisen , Shakuhachi, and Koto.

This is the perfect blend of west and east to have with us as we celebrate!
They released their most recent album, Otonoe, April of this year.
For your listening pleasure, here is "Yuki Kageboushi", their most recent single from this year.

• Like 1

For Japanese Voice Actors/Actress

Asami Imai

Ayaka Ōhashi

Mamoru Miyano

For English Voice Actors/Actress

Troy Baker

Charles Martinet

Honestly, any one of those and I would be first in line for on any of them.

Team Four Star: Nick Landis, Scott Frerichs Curtis Arnott (Most of TFS are legitimate voice actors now outside of the Abridging community they have a lot of credits between them most recently Hells from Discotek Media, plenty of stuff for Funimation, plenty of video games. they haven't been invited in a long time since the first few years after they started and they just celebrated their 10th anniversary a few months ago)
Steve Blum
Eric Vale 
Chris Sabat
Troy Baker
Michelle Ruff
Sean Schemmel
Ian Sinclair
Chris Rager 
Mary Elizabeth McGlynn
Yuri Lowenthal
Tara Platt
Travis Willingham
Amanda Celine Miller

Edited by Robert_Jackson

Musical Acts:   Aqours,   Fhana, Nano Ripe, Band Maid, Scandal, Denpa Gumi Inc., Garnidelia, Egoist.
Seiyuu:  Aoi Yuuki, Rie Kugimiya, Sora Tokui, Yui Ogura

:D

Edited by Nyanpasuu

Musical guest requests: 

fhana

Mia Regina

Ok, I lied, I thought of 2 more requests.

First, this is a request combined with feedback. LAVA (Loud, Annoying, and Very Annoying) featuring Ray Chase, Robbie Daymond, and Max Middleton had a fantastic After Dark 18+ show on Friday night. It may be too soon to have them back, but I would request their return to put on their LAVA shows again. They have a rotating routine of games, and improv, so it likely wouldn't be the exact same thing if they do it again next year.

Secondly, the absence of the Otakon Game Show for a second year in a row has left a noticeable gap in programming, so I request/suggest bringing in Greg Wicker of Greggo's Game Shows to fill in the gap and present his game shows at Otakon. He is a long time veteran of the convention circuit and puts on anime themed game shows, both replicas of real TV game shows and original games. Some of the game shows, such as All Star Blitz or Hollywood Squares, aside from convention attendees as contestants, involve the participation of guests, making them particularly fun to watch. Another game, Know Your Role, has convention guests playing a game themselves and then answering questions about their previous roles or about their craft, so it makes an interesting alternative to just another Q&A session. Still other games, such as Strikeout, Anime Press Your Luck, or Definition, simply feature the attendee contestants, but are still a fun time for everyone in attendance.
Examples of his work, for your consideration, is available on his YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/gregdasgo

I would appreciate your sincere consideration in my second request, as I truly believe it would be of great benefit to Otakon programming.

9 hours ago, Krabstarr said:

Secondly, the absence of the Otakon Game Show for a second year in a row has left a noticeable gap in programming, so I request/suggest bringing in Greg Wicker of Greggo's Game Shows to fill in the gap and present his game shows at Otakon. He is a long time veteran of the convention circuit and puts on anime themed game shows, both replicas of real TV game shows and original games. Some of the game shows, such as All Star Blitz or Hollywood Squares, aside from convention attendees as contestants, involve the participation of guests, making them particularly fun to watch. Another game, Know Your Role, has convention guests playing a game themselves and then answering questions about their previous roles or about their craft, so it makes an interesting alternative to just another Q&A session. Still other games, such as Strikeout, Anime Press Your Luck, or Definition, simply feature the attendee contestants, but are still a fun time for everyone in attendance.

Oh my goddess, having him do his thing here would be awesome.  I've seen some of his shows on the aforementioned YouTube page, and are well done.  One game i'd suggest is his take on Farkle.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 9:50 PM, UzumakiWarlord said:

Indeed, regarding Steve Blum.  Especially since he's one of those guests that the staff haven't had for years (the last time he was a guest at Otakon was 2007).  It's the same case with some other guests like Monica Rial, Jamie Marchi, Chuck Huber, and at least a dozen others.

I know I've spoken about this many times, but isn't there anyone on the staff who actually would like to see folks like Steve, Monica, and Jamie come back?  Are they even aware of how long it's been since they've been guests at Otakon?

I'm sorry, but it's just very annoying and frustrating how it tends to take the staff forever to come around to have certain past guests to come back.  Even if there are some good, and justifiable reasons, it still doesn't change the fact that they've put off bringing certain guests back for too long.

Despite my complaints, though, I do hope that at least someday the staff will come around to having Steve, Monica, and Jamie come back.  And just about any other previous guest that they haven't had for so long.  Where's the love for those people?

Guys, Steve's a personal friend as well as a great guest. He likes our event. We had him at Otakon Vegas a few years back, and he snuck by the following year to surprise us. Monica Rial was one of the first guests who left me a voicemail, nearly 15 years ago. We aren't ignoring your repeated requests -- but you have to understand that it's not about the staff "coming around". It's about bringing a mix of guests who appeal to particular groups or tie into particular properties, as well as some veterans that are good value throughout.

AND we're competing with production schedules and other commitments, and we're balancing cost and value. And we're competing with dozens of other shows.

Wanting a guest does not guarantee the guest is available, or affordable, or in synch with what the industry is promoting or what's launching at any given moment.  Staff wanting a guest doesn't make it happen either -- there are plenty of folks I consider personal friends who simply aren't the right fit for a particular year, or can't make the scheduling work. 

For example, we've been talking to Kawamori for years and this was the first time everything lined up properly.  It happens.

I'm sure all of them will be here again.

19 hours ago, Krabstarr said:

Greg's good, and I don't disagree he'd be an asset.  I'll pass along to the appropriate folks.

For what it's worth, I think we might have missed an opportunity to bring a few Overwatch voice actors to the Otakon party. Granted, most of them are much more video-game-oriented (besides Matt Mercer, Crispin Freeman, and Keith Silverstein), but Overwatch is still a very popular game, and it would have been nice for Blizzard to have Otakon be a stop on this year's Overwatch Payload Tour.

I'd think the biggest obstacle is getting this to be relevant to Asian culture. This game is HUGE in South Korea... perhaps inviting some of the pro South Korean players/coaches for a weekend (like Carpe, Fissure, Geguri, and pretty much the whole player roster of the New York Excelsior -- Saebyeolbe, Pine, JJonak, etc.) could be a good idea.

Considering that the game is still popular now, including South Korea and China, I'd like to see a little more Overwatch presence at Otakon next year.

Edited by BrakusJS
Clarity and adding a few more details
  • Like 1

My usual long shots and impossible dreams such as Masashi Kishimoto,  Eichiro Oda(Maybe once One Piece is over) and other manga-ka are always on the table. Also Makoto Shinkai. I realize that with the popularity of Your Name that he'd be harder to obtain. But man...that would be something.

But here are some of my more realistic hopefuls.

-Kazuhiko Inoue
-Junko Takeuchi
-Mary Elizabeth McGlynn
-Beau Billingslea 
-Melissa Fahn
-Skip Stellrecht

Clearly I have a thing for Naruto and Bebop. Sue me :P

Musicians are something I'm less picky over? I work the dept so I'll hear it anyway. Being able to hear Yoshiki, Kanno and now Distant Worlds have been bucket list events for me. Maybe some k-pop stuff since it's big these days? Oh, wait. There is one act I'd love to see come back and with a better slot(if possible).

Aun & Hide. They put on one of the best performances I've ever seen and I'd love for them to get more recognition. Really hope we get them back someday <3

I only have three people, two of which are solely because I love FFXIV:

Naoki Yoshida

Koji Fox

Michelle Ruff (I didn’t get her autograph last year! My husband and I love her)

Seiyuu

------------------

Hayashibara Megumi (eternal wish list member #001)

Hirano Aya (yeah, her career is pretty low-key now, but Haruhism still runs strong)

any of the original 5 Inner Senshi (especially Fukami Rica or Mitsuishi Kotono)

Hidaka Noriko (Akane-chan forever!)

Dub VAs

---------------

Monica Rial

Luci Christian

Brittney Karbowski (though her panel may need to be rated R after hearing her B Gata H Kei outtakes as Yamada)

Music

-------------

BABYMETAL (eternal wish list members #002)

BAND-MAID (these ladies, who have done a US anime con before at Sakuracon in WA, would rock the house! It would be AWESOME to have an all-female group, who actually play the instruments (no slight to BABYMETAL) at Otakon 2019!)

Momoiro Clover Z

• Like 2

There are so many guests I'd like to request that I can't keep them all straight in my head. So, I'll stick with one request for musical act....BRADIO!

Edited by TomDent
typo

Tamura Yukari

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, w-deremer said:

Seiyuu

------------------

Hayashibara Megumi (eternal wish list member #001)

You and me both, buddy.

We have come fairly close once or twice -- but that's a VERY tough nut to crack for many reasons.

Closest I got personally was a direct conversation with her manager while she was performing twenty feet away.

Here are my Japanese guest suggestions, including links for how to contact them or their agent.

• Kouki Uchiyama: Yuri Plisetsky (Yuri on Ice), Tomura Shigaraki (My Hero Academia), Ikuya Kirishima (Free), Kei Tsukishima (Haikyuu), Soul Evans (Soul Eater)
  • Kappei Yamaguchi: Inuyasha (Inuyasha), L (Death Note), Usopp (One Piece), Shinichi Kudo (Case Closed)
  • Satsuki Yukino: Kagome (Inuyasha), Yoruichi (Bleach), Kaname Chidori (Full Metal Panic), Mion/Shion Sonozaki (When They Cry)
  • Kensho Ono: Giorno Giovanna (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Part 5: Golden Wind), Phichit Chulanont (Yuri on Ice), Tetsuya Kuroko (Kuroko's Basketball), Ryunosuke Akutagawa (Bungo Stray Dogs)
  • Yuichi Nakamura: Bruno Bucciarati (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Part 5: Golden Wind), Gray Fullbuster (Fairy Tail), One-Punch Man (Mumen Rider), Kyousuke Kousaka (Oreimo)
  • Yoshimasa Hosoya: Yamato "Matt" Ishida (Digimon), Reiner Braun (Attack on Titan), Fumikage "Tsukuyomi" Tokoyami (My Hero Academia), Junpei Hyuga (Kuroko's Basketball)
  • Hiroki Takahashi: Katsuya Jonouchi/Joey Wheeler (Yu-Gi-Oh), Crimson Rubeus (Sailor Moon Crystal), Hisoka (Hunter x Hunter, original), Pariston Hill (Hunter x Hunter, remake), Japan (Hetalia)
  • Junko Takeuchi: Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto), Gon (Hunter x Hunter, original), Takuya Kanbara (Digimon Frontier), Gomamon (Digimon Adventure tri)
  • Megumi Han: Akko Kagari (Little Witch Academia), Gon (Hunter x Hunter, remake), Rinko Yamato (My Love Story), Kahono (Black Clover), Aya Tachibana (Yowamushi Pedal)

3 hours ago, alabaster said:

You and me both, buddy.

We have come fairly close once or twice -- but that's a VERY tough nut to crack for many reasons.

Closest I got personally was a direct conversation with her manager while she was performing twenty feet away.

Not the least of which are 1) her commitments to family {just realized her daughter is 14 now... wow), 2) her being less active in the industry than in the 80's and 90's, 3) her near-legendary status in the industry probably meaning her travel/appearance fee/etc don't come cheap, and 4) her bad experiences at an American con in the past (obsessive fans, for one that I heard) souring her on the idea, even all these years later

Edited by w-deremer
cleaning up grammar

Mayaa Sakamoto, who gives her voice to Yoko Kanno's music.

Kenji Kwai would be interesting since he is also an anime score composer

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

On 8/14/2018 at 10:13 PM, The Otakutopian said:

Ear Phones  (The group of voice actresses from "Seiyuu's Life".  Yes, they've formed a JPOP group for real.)

Earphones is great. Please bring them over. Even as seiyuu themselves, all three are having varying degree of success as individuals, so that would be a really powerful get.

On 8/13/2018 at 1:13 PM, onsenmark said:

(seriously, we got Kawamori this year(and I am kicking myself for not going, over and over and...), but no Walkure? Otakon, I am mildly disappoint.)

Kawamori has been to Otakon a couple times now, but yeah.I agree, Otakon should try to bring the other musicians associated with Macross, like May'n and Sakamoto Maaya. You already got Kanno, Fire Bomber, and Minmay before...

On 8/15/2018 at 7:50 PM, CocoFaerie said:

Mia Regina

Wow, I'm just surprised they have a fan here.

21 hours ago, alabaster said:

You and me both, buddy.

八(^□^*)

20 hours ago, otoxo said:

Megumi Han: Akko Kagari (Little Witch Academia), Gon (Hunter x Hunter, remake), Rinko Yamato (My Love Story), Kahono (Black Clover), Aya Tachibana (Yowamushi Pedal)

Ever visit Animazement? 

Just going to start to list some guest ideas...

Music:

• Horipro seiyuu musicians please--Tadokoro Azusa, Yamazaki Erii, Machico, any of them would be a good fit I think.
  • Nishizawa Shiena - Saw her at Otakuthon the other day. I think her music has appeal across the board, even if it's a little bare without a backing band.
  • Zaq - All-rounded musician, plays, sings, writes. Knows her stuff and pretty fun on stage too.
  • Trysail - They are a practiced seiyuu unit now, and their music is a lot of fun, both the sound and the look.
  • Angela - Time to bring this dynamic duo back to DC! Will we get a Trump joke...
  • KOTOKO - Still great.
  • JAM Project - I kinda miss them
  • I was gonna say bring WUG to Otakon but this is what happens when you don't...they disband...

Would second Fripside, Mia Regina, fhana (great band pls tour USA), Ogurai Yui, Oldcodex, Tamura Yukari, Earphones..

I'm not huge on the new wave seiyuu idol stuff, but oddly Otakon is like the one con that could drive Onsen Musume's main mission, which is to get people to know about actual Japanese hot springs.

Some composers are great musicians. Someone mentioned Hirasawa but can we have Sawano/nZk stuff too?

How about Lantis's Inoue? More as a production guest? LOL. AWM panel.

Seiyuu:

• Fujii Yukiyo - Lots of decent high profile roles but overall a great personality (aoni)
  • Ozora Naomi - Funny personality and speaks some english. Mostly recently in as Chio in Chio's School Road.
  • Akabane Kenji - IDOLM@STER connection, but also in a lot of silly anime I watched.
  • Asano Masumi - In a ton of 00s shows, from Little snow Fairy Sugar to Hayate. Earphones creator.
  • Sawashiro Miyuki - She has lots of fans here, maybe it's time for her to meet them.
  • Tsuda Minami - I love her voice lol. 
  • M.A.O - Same
  • Yamazaki Haruka - Recently solo debut as a musician but more interesting as voice actress.
  • Nakamura Eriko - Idolm@ster spokeswoman?
  • Ueda Reina - Adorable personality but voices a lot of interesting characters in recent years. Also solo music artist.
  • Takahashi Rie - Member of Earphones, but also just top class young person (Mash from FGO)
  • Shitaya Noriko - Most notable for her Sakura role in Fate (hey it's Heaven's Feel year) but an accomplished seiyuu from last decade.
  • Takayama Minami - Legend
  • Okubo Rumi - Another fun character who is in Fate. Also YRYR.
  • Tanaka Minami - Another voice actress that is into/in FGO, but also all around good actress.

Would also second Hikasa Yoko, Hirada Hitomi, Matsuoka, Hidaka Noriko (or any of the Sailor Moon JP Seiyuu), Imai Asami, Takeuchi Junko, Satsuki Yukino, Nakamura Yuichi, Uchiyama Kouki, Kugimiya...and more.

I'll work through the rest of my list later...more seiyuu and more the rest...

So many good suggestions here!

For dub VAs I want to second the Critical Role folks... they fit more than one fandom, with a great crossover of VA work in anime and in gaming, and then of course representing table top gaming & D&D. I know it would probably be very hard to get them all, and that they always do GenCon which is around the same time but... it would be amazing!

If impossible to get the full Crit Role team, then atleast Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham, please and thank you!! Their panel a few years ago was one of the best I have been to and they are just great.

I want to second the request I saw earlier for Little Kuriboh and Team Four Star to come back!! Again, the Abridged Panel many years back was still one of the best Otakon panels I have experienced.

I would love for Chris Sabat, Sean Schemmel, and Kyle Hebert to return, but I know that is rare, and really this year would have been the year... but still, would love to see them!

I haven't really gone to any of the concerts in all my years attending so far... usually I opt for more time to do other things, since the concerts take up so much of the evening... Distant Worlds was close, but in the end I didn't want to spend all day in line for only one event. But, I saw some great suggestions here, and for any the following I WOULD probably skip everything else to see them: L'arc-en-ciel, Asian Kung Fu Generation, Momoiro Clover Z,  Utada Hikaru, and Ayumi Hamasaki.

I'd like to see some upcoming talent who could use some more exposure:

Rochelle J. Chiang (Ruiji from "Juden Chan" and characters from various games and visual novels.)

Jennifer Layla (Waitress, Additional Voices, and Walla from "Juden Chan" and Walla from "Rio:  Rainbow Gate!")

Michaela Laws (Ayse Khadim from "Ladies versus Butlers!", Crystal from "World War Blue", Yandere-chan from "Yandere Simulator", and characters from various other games and visual novels.)

Kenji Itoso or some rep from Kenji Studio ("Santa Company" and "Coluboccoro")

As well as some more notable names:

Sakura Tange

Aoi Yuuki

Kanae Itou

Joe Hisaishi (Composer of many Studio Ghibli films, the "Ninokuni" games, and the live-action film "Departures")

Also want to request Hideo Kojima! I know it will happen one of these years!

And for dub guests one that I'll throw out there is Maile Flanagan.

19 hours ago, Eddie 2 said:

Also want to request Hideo Kojima! I know it will happen one of these years!

And for dub guests one that I'll throw out there is Maile Flanagan.

Maile's a friend and she's been fairly often -- I think we were one of her first cons. She's a hoot!

Kojima....well, he's challenging. :)

On 8/22/2018 at 4:50 PM, rotinoma said:

Sawashiro Miyuki - She has lots of fans here, maybe it's time for her to meet them.

I'm one of her biggest fans and I'd love to see her, but given that Miyukichin just gave birth a couple of months ago, I'm afraid she's looking rather doubtful for the next two years or so.

14 minutes ago, Zeeba Neighba said:

I'm one of her biggest fans and I'd love to see her, but given that Miyukichin just gave birth a couple of months ago, I'm afraid she's looking rather doubtful for the next two years or so.

It's doubtful anyone I request would make it to Otakon. I don't recall if it has happened in the case where the guest I listed showed up in the same year (but has in the future...which is why I guess I still do this?). 

But I get you. It's just that it's not our place to say if they can or cannot go oversea from something like childbirth, after a year. We should request anyway, and we'll see what happens, since the point of this exercise is to compile a list of names for Otakon guest relations for their use. It's not a magic genie of guest summoning lol.

On a related note, Hasegawa Akiko gave birth in early 2015 but was already attending a con in Toronto a year later, and when I found out about it I was a little surprised. But you never know how each individual can deal with childbirth and stuff like that.

I'll keep my requests straight forward enough, any major current female seiyuu. My biggest one being Hana Kana. 

Others include -

Aoi Yuuki

Kugimiya Rie

Ogura Yui

Satomi Sato

Tamura Yukari

Takekatsu Ayana

Chris Sabat

Sean Schemmel

Justin Cook

Laura Bailey

Travis Willingham

Steve Blum

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn

Crispin Freeman

Grey DeLisle-Griffin

Phil LaMarr

Wendee Lee

Matthew Mercer

Marisha Ray

Kari Wahlgren

Monica RIal

• Like 1

Here are some more Japanese guests I'd like to see, with contact links.

• Animator Dormitory Project - Help support some talented animators from Japan. Member list here. They are crowdfunding if anyone's interested in financially supporting them right now. If they attend Otakon, I hope they can have a table and take commissions. In particular I'd like to see:
    • Jun Sugawara - Founder of the project
    • Tetsuya Akutsu (阿久津徹也) - animator in Digimon Adventure tri, Yu-Gi-Oh, Recovery of an MMO Junkie
    • Shingo Yamashita (山下清悟) - animator in Naruto Shippuden, Gurren Lagann, Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Toshiyuki Morikawa: Naraku (Inuyasha), Yoshikage Kira (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable), Sephiroth (Final Fantasy), Yukio Tonegawa (Mr. Tokegawa), Griffith (Berserk, original)
  • Wataru Hatano: Gajeel Redfox (Fairy Tail), Metal Bat (One Punch Man), Georgi Popovich (Yuri on Ice), Motojiro Kajii (Bungo Stray Dogs)

• Chiharu Sawashiro: Ritsu Shikishima (Caligula), Nozomu Nanase (TsukiPro the Animation), Nagata (Mr. Tonegawa), Yukiteru Hayama (Hanebado)

• Nobunaga Shimazaki: Haruka Nanase (Free), Yuno (Black Clover), Eugeo (Sword Art Online: Alicization), Makoto Sunakawa (My Love Story)

As for American guests I'd like to see, here's a tough request. I'd like to see the Sonic the Hedgehog character actors from 2005-2010. I don't have contact info for all of them, but I bet Mike Pollock (Dr. Eggman) does.

• Amy Palant: Miles "Tails" Prower
  • Dan Green: Knuckles the Echidna
  • Kathleen Delaney: Rouge the Bat

On 8/22/2018 at 3:16 PM, rotinoma said:

Ever visit Animazement? 

I have but I wasn't there the year Megumi Han attended. :(

Edited by otoxo

I hope y

3 hours ago, otoxo said:

I have but I wasn't there the year Megumi Han attended. :(

I hope you are writing this while in Denver, because she's at Nandesukan right now...

• Sad 1

Junji Ito
Takashi Miike
Dave Wittenberg
Utada

That's all I can think of right now

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk