Guest k227s

The Otakon 2019 Guest Request Thread

On 8/21/2018 at 5:44 PM, alabaster said:

You and me both, buddy.

We have come fairly close once or twice -- but that's a VERY tough nut to crack for many reasons.

Closest I got personally was a direct conversation with her manager while she was performing twenty feet away.

This would be a huge one for me. Almost anything Bebop related is an immediate "must" on my radar.

I'd also like to suggest Shu Takami, Motohide Eshiro, Takeshi Yamazaki, Ayumu Watanabe or Atsuhiro Tomioka.

All of these have had a hand in the Phoenix Wright game series or anime.

I would like to request AmaLee/LeeandLie (Amanda Lee). She is a vocalist and voice actress. One of her bigger works is doing vocals for both the Japanese & English versions of Tokyo Ghoul:Re OST "Parabellum":

https://youtu.be/Vv6gnmI_8Mo

Voice Actress Dub roles: Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card as Akiho Shinomoto, Overlord II as Crusch Lulu, Grimoire of Zero as Zero, Hinamatsuri as Anzu, Magical Girl Raising Project as Nemurin, and One Piece as Queen Otohime.

It would be great because she hasn't been up to the North Eastern part of the US so none of the fans around Otakon have been able to meet her without a plane ticket and what not. Whether she's here as a musical act or Voice Actress, either would be amazing and she could easily be in either category. I really really hope we can get her out here. Thanks for considering this post.

Her official site:

https://www.leeandlieofficial.com/

Her Twitter:

https://twitter.com/AmaAmaLeeLee?s=09

Edited by Chris Peterson
Forgot to include her actual name

On 9/30/2018 at 8:49 AM, Chris Peterson said:

I would like to request AmaLee/LeeandLie (Amanda Lee). She is a vocalist and voice actress. One of her bigger works is doing vocals for both the Japanese & English versions of Tokyo Ghoul:Re OST "Parabellum":

https://youtu.be/Vv6gnmI_8Mo

Voice Actress Dub roles: Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card as Akiho Shinomoto, Overlord II as Crusch Lulu, Grimoire of Zero as Zero, Hinamatsuri as Anzu, Magical Girl Raising Project as Nemurin, and One Piece as Queen Otohime.

It would be great because she hasn't been up to the North Eastern part of the US so none of the fans around Otakon have been able to meet her without a plane ticket and what not. Whether she's here as a musical act or Voice Actress, either would be amazing and she could easily be in either category. I really really hope we can get her out here. Thanks for considering this post.

Her official site:

https://www.leeandlieofficial.com/

Her Twitter:

https://twitter.com/AmaAmaLeeLee?s=09

I know her. One reason her travel was limited for a while was the age of her kid. :)

Stella Chuu, Taemin, Stella Chuu, Dreamcatcher, Stella Chuu, Hyolyn, Stella Chuu, EXO-K (or a sub-unit like CBX), AOA, or debut a J/K-pop act altogether like when VIXX debuted in 2012, BoA(?), I will second Utada Hikaru, Super Junior, GOT7, SEVENTEEN, probably will have other suggestions in another post...

On 10/3/2018 at 2:56 PM, alabaster said:

I know her. One reason her travel was limited for a while was the age of her kid. :)

Hi,

I don't mean to be rude but I believe you are thinking of a different Amanda. The one I'm talking about does not have a kid as far as everyone in her fanbase goes, as well as her moderators are concerned. I'm not sure what other information I can really provide you with but if you go to the official site I know she has her email there so you could clarify for yourself.

Thanks

Edited by Chris Peterson
Grammatical error

On 8/20/2018 at 9:29 PM, w-deremer said:

Seiyuu

------------------

Hayashibara Megumi (eternal wish list member #001)

Hirano Aya (yeah, her career is pretty low-key now, but Haruhism still runs strong)

any of the original 5 Inner Senshi (especially Fukami Rica or Mitsuishi Kotono)

Hidaka Noriko (Akane-chan forever!)

^ ^ ^ ^  ALL OF MY YES!!!

On 8/21/2018 at 6:56 PM, otoxo said:

Here are my Japanese guest suggestions, including links for how to contact them or their agent.

• Kappei Yamaguchi: Inuyasha (Inuyasha), L (Death Note), Usopp (One Piece), Shinichi Kudo (Case Closed)
  • Satsuki Yukino: Kagome (Inuyasha), Yoruichi (Bleach), Kaname Chidori (Full Metal Panic), Mion/Shion Sonozaki (When They Cry)

• Junko Takeuchi: Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto), Gon (Hunter x Hunter, original), Takuya Kanbara (Digimon Frontier), Gomamon (Digimon Adventure tri)

On 8/28/2018 at 11:31 AM, razisgosu said:

I'll keep my requests straight forward enough, any major current female seiyuu. My biggest one being Hana Kana. 

Others include -

Kugimiya Rie

Takekatsu Ayana

In terms of musical guests/acts I'd like to request my annual request for none other than Do As Infinity! Please @alabaster make it happen haha (I know what you're gonna say, but try).

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay
Spacing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Would love to see.......these people in the future....

Monica Rial 

Tia Ballard 

Yuri Lowethal 

Steve Blum 

Andrew Love 

Justin Briner 

Dani Chambers 

Brian Mathis 

Vic Mignogna 

J. Michael Tatum 

Brandon McCinnis 

Sean Schemmel 

Christopher Sabat 

Laura Bailey 

Travis Willingham 

Colleen Clikenbeard 

Luci Christian 

Michelle Ruff 

Christine Marie Cabanos 

Stephanie Sheh 

Patrick Seitz 

Trina Nishimura 

Bryce Papenbrook (again!) 

Josh Grelle (again!!! Please) 

Cherami Leigh (Again!) 

Todd Haberkorn (again!) 

Max Mittleman (again!) 

Erika Harlacher 

Erica Mendez 

Crispin Freeman 

Jerry Jewell 

Joel McDonald 

Ian Sinclair 

Cassandra Lee Morris 

Kari Walgren 

Christina Vee 

Michael Sinterniklaas 

Carrie Keranen 

Wendee Lee 

Greg Ayres 

and bring back Johnny Yong Bosch 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2018 at 6:41 AM, Chris Peterson said:

Hi,

I don't mean to be rude but I believe you are thinking of a different Amanda. The one I'm talking about does not have a kid as far as everyone in her fanbase goes, as well as her moderators are concerned. I'm not sure what other information I can really provide you with but if you go to the official site I know she has her email there so you could clarify for yourself.

Thanks

I believe alabaster got her confused with Amanda Winn-Lee, who would, incidentally, ALSO be a cool guest! 

EDIT: I'd also like to put forward Kira Buckland. She was at AUSA this past weekend and had a really cool assortment of fandom-based panels for Pokemon and JJBA in addition to her Q&A panel, so I think she'd be a good asset to filling out the schedule. She's said before that Otakon is her dream con, and she has several big roles now in the form of 2B from Nier Automata and Talim in Soulcalibur VI. So, just a thought there!

Edited by Tachibana

You’re quite right, brain fart on Amandas.  

And while i appreciate the vote of confidence, I am not the one booking guests these days...

Since one of Otakon's missions is to spread knowledge about east Asian culture beyond anime, what if we had a guest or two that was involved with a different style of animation?  Like stop-motion.  It's kind of to come mind recently that stop-motion animation isn't really an animation style you hear about coming from Japan.  Like what if there could be a guest who was involved with stop-motion?  Like anyone who's worked on the holiday specials released by Rankin/Bass?

Not too many people know about this but the animation for practically every stop-motion tv holiday special released by Rankin/Bass (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, The Little Drummer Boy, Santa Claus is comin' to Town, etc.) WERE ALL ANIMATED IN JAPAN.  That's just an example, of course, and I was just thinking that having someone who was involved with stop-motion would be a nice guest to have, and we could all learn how in any sort of stop-motion production, how the many figures and puppets are made, and setting the frames to the flow naturally in every little shot.

Unless if it's already been done before, what if we could have a guest whose works involve stop-motion animation?

Hyuna, Daoko, Alan Dawa Dolma, an 18+ panel with any gravure models or hentai writers/voice actors available (autographs afterward hopefully?). In that same vein, also suggesting Marica Hase (first Japanese Penthouse Pet)

On 11/1/2018 at 5:21 PM, eablack said:

Hyuna, Daoko, Alan Dawa Dolma, an 18+ panel with any gravure models or hentai writers/voice actors available (autographs afterward hopefully?). In that same vein, also suggesting Marica Hase (first Japanese Penthouse Pet)

One challenge there is that our contacts are primarily in the animation, gaming, and music industries, and not so much in the world of modeling.  The other is that they’re going to have very little motivation to come.

When evaluating guests, it’s fairly routine to break down the non-adjustable costs (flights, hotel, etc.) and the negotiable ones. Appearance fees have become more of s thing in recent years, despite the complexities of taxes, payments to overseas agencies, etc.

Given the same baseline costs (it costs thousands of dollars to bring a guest from Japan, regardless of status), and limited budget, the first question is whether you spend that on someone with broad appeal, or someone with narrower appeal, and the other question is how relevant  that guest is to our mission.  A guest with broad appeal and fantastic relevancy is going to win, but one particularly appealing, or super relevant, would also be a prime selection. 

There’s really not much particularly unique about scantily dressed girls posing for magazines, honestly, and little to no crossover appeal. The management and business involved isn’t pushing to broaden the audience, as is the case for music, and there isn’t really a compelling cultural argument here.

And to switch hats, if I were such a model, I can’t see much sense in flying 13 hours each way to be stared at in person by foreigners who don’t buy the magazines I am paid to appear in. Not when I can make bank in Tokyo for personal appearances, during the relatively short window when I am still young and sexy.  (And that’s before you consider the unsavory types  that tend to be involved in those businesses. There are musical acts I was advised to avoid because of Yakuza involvement, and I am certain that would be an issue in the world of adult magazines.)

If this really interests you, and you think it has broader appeal and something to teach us, start with a panel.  It’s  rare to see a well presented panel covering such content, though I’m sure someone out there could make a good one.  Until then , I don’t see anyone making it a priority, at any broad anime con.

The faerie is making another guest request--Juliet Simmons.  She's prolly one of the hottest VAs of late, and would be great to have her over for the 25th Anniversary con.

Went to an idol panel at a local con this weekend and it dawned on me that it'd be pretty neat to have an idol group perform. Has Otakon had that before? I can't think of any specific group to ask for since I'm not too familiar with the idol group scene, but thought it'd be fun.

A guest I would LOVE to see is a voice actor named Imari Williams. Imari works in California and has worked on  JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Megalobox, Transformers Reacue Bots, HunterxHunter, Fortnite, and many more I can’t remeber at the moment. Imari is very talented and I have been wanting to meet him for some time now and I think he would be a great choice as guest for Otakon.