Guest k227s

The Otakon 2019 Guest Request Thread

Hi! Hopefully I'm not too late to request, but here are some guests I would love to see:

-Soraru

-Mafumafu

-Amatsuki

-Eve

-Reol

-Urasakashimasen (Urata, Aho no Sakata, Shima, and Senra)

-Neru

-DECO*27

Most of them are utaites but Reol is a solo artist now and Neru and DECO*27 are Vocaloid producers. Soraru and Mafumafu are also known as the duet unit "After The Rain"

While they're music related, I'm more interested in meeting them than seeing them perform. Though seeing them perform is a bonus!

Sorry if this is late, but I would like to see

Knitemaya

instagram: @knitemaya

Hakkencoser!!!

instagram: @_hakkencoser_

Edited by Sadkuma

Hey, sorry for being a little later with this. Here are some guests that I personally would love to see at Otakon

-Kari Wahlgren

-Kira Buckland

-Xander Mobus

-Erica Lindbeck

-Mela Lee

-Yuri Lowenthal

-Tara Platt

-Jamieson Price

-Patrick Seitz

-Richard Epcar

-Ben Diskin

-Matt Mercer

-Erika Harlacher

-Allegra Clark

-Xanthe Huynh

-Kaiji Tang

-Julie Ann Taylor

-Faye Mata

-Cristina Valenzuela 

-Erin Fitzgerald

Edited by Gio1776

If at all possible, do you think you could get Interlunium to guest/perform at Otakon? Interlunium is a virtual idol group who creates original music inspired by Japanese and Korean idols.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI92HR7PY7ftjrABc6UB02Q

The group has 11 members in full, some of them being quite reputable: LilyPichu, a popular YouTuber and Twitch streamer; Kayli Mills, a voice actor who has played roles such as Emilia in Re:ZERO, Runa from Kakegurui, Fiore from Fate/Apocrypha, and Alice in the new SAO Alicization; and Megan Shipman, a voice actor with Funimation who has voiced Aoba in New Game!, Mayuri in Steins;Gates 0, Hanamaru in Love Live Sunshine, and many many more. We also have a lot of popular YouTube cover artists, such as Lizz Robinett, LittleJayneyCakes, mom0ki (Caitlin Myers), and hikarustation.

LilyPichu - Dam Bi Han

Hana Karim - Rinko Hanazawa

Caitlin Myers (Mom0ki) - Junko

Megan Shipman - Kazue Ono

*Mia Lee (Tacca) - Anette Chanel

Kayli Mills - Akira Hoshino

Dom Maddox (EiS/Dria) - Eimi Inagawa

LittleJayneyCakes - Megumi Aihara

Lizz Robinett - Chiyo Watanabe

Hikaru Station - Kanon Mitsuboshi

*Nonon Hua - Yume Zhou

I'm sure they would also be willing to do some panels about VA, Twitch, or getting something started on Youtube. 

Erika Harlacher is a nice get for this year!  Also, I wouldn't mind either of those VA you mentioned (Kayli MIlls, Megan Shipman) come as well.

for a seiyuu guest i'd like to request takeuchi shunsuke! he also recently formed a musical duo with lotus juice under the pseudonym jack westwood called amadeus so maybe they could make an interesting music guest as well 

I'll second LilyPichu, but only if she follows cosplayers around while playing a melodica like that one video. ;)

On Vic: yeah, it's not going to happen for a long while, at best. Let's move on.

• Like 1

*chanting* Lilypichu! Lilypichu! Lilypichu! :D And DangrrDoll (sp?) if possible too?

Also, if the musical guests haven't been set up, would recommend as a change of pace Vietnamese singer/dancer Min

17 minutes ago, Sozuke said:

I vote Vic Mignogna.

Not gonna happen.

1 hour ago, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

Not gonna happen.

just ignore them giving them attention just makes them more likely to be active.  he hasnt posted since 2011 2012 ignore him and hell hopefully go away or the mods will deal with him

• Like 1

Just now, Something Clever said:

just ignore them giving them attention just makes them more likely to be active.  he hasnt posted since 2011 2012 ignore him and hell hopefully go away or the mods will deal with him

I sensed they don't post often... but I was just sayin.. you're right anyway. :)

I've seen several people say it already so I'll just add my name into the mix: would adore seeing Kira Buckland as a guest this year.

Also Cristina Vee and Kyle McCarley

And if possible it would be great to see Cherami Leigh come back again because I missed the chance to meet her last year due to timing.

8 hours ago, Sozuke said:

I do not understand, what did I do wrong?

I shouldn't go into it here, but Vic is no longer welcome to anime cons due to certain things he's allegedly done. He won't be coming to Otakon.

please stop feeding the trolls everyone knows what vic did at this point.  they just dont care and will keep doing this every chance they get.

Can a mod please make a sticky or something regarding vic?  this is utterly stupid and pointless and will only get worse and waste peoples time.

More and more vics cult is gonna come here ask for vic pretend to not understand derail the thread for a while rinse and repeat.  its already playing out like i said it would

@Tsuki@KellyMae

Edited by Something Clever

1 hour ago, Something Clever said:

please stop feeding the trolls everyone knows what vic did at this point.  they just dont care and will keep doing this every chance they get.

Can a mod please make a sticky or something regarding vic?  this is utterly stupid and pointless and will only get worse and waste peoples time.

@Tsuki@KellyMae

Why are you assuming that person is a troll? I simply informed them that it wouldn't work... No need to get the mods in here for that reason...

• Like 1

if they want to request vic then they would be aware of his work to some degree yes?  no one requests someone there not aware of.

Considering vic got fired from funi and rooster AND theres the go fund me about him AND the articles posted on multiple websites AND the multiple cons who cancelled on him AND the youtube videos

Your honestly going to believe someone who is a fan of vics is completely oblivious to the situation hes in?   Ignoring the fact that a dead account was brought back solely to request vic which is itself is a strong case.

make a sticky explain whats goling so every now and then someone doesnt go

What did i do.what did vic do etc?

Someone explains

So i dont believe it and then repeat

Edited by Something Clever

6 hours ago, Something Clever said:

if they want to request vic then they would be aware of his work to some degree yes?  no one requests someone there not aware of.

Considering vic got fired from funi and rooster AND theres the go fund me about him AND the articles posted on multiple websites AND the multiple cons who cancelled on him AND the youtube videos

Your honestly going to believe someone who is a fan of vics is completely oblivious to the situation hes in?   Ignoring the fact that a dead account was brought back solely to request vic which is itself is a strong case.

make a sticky explain whats goling so every now and then someone doesnt go

What did i do.what did vic do etc?

Someone explains

So i dont believe it and then repeat

With all due respect Something Clever, Gaspar and Sozuke did nothing wrong. Stop acting like a "wanna-be" mod. The way you're responding to this is no less than trolling.

• Like 2

With all due respect Something Clever, Gaspar and Sozuke did nothing wrong. Stop acting like a "wanna-be" mod. The way you're responding to this is no less than trolling.

THANK YOU. That's exactly how I feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, let's drop the topic entirely.  You're all getting toxic with one another.  And nobody likes to get toxic with anyone.  I know I certainly don't.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UzumakiWarlord said:

Guys, let's drop the topic entirely.  You're all getting toxic with one another.  And nobody likes to get toxic with anyone.  I know I certainly don't.

All I did was answer the person's request with the fact that it won't happen, but yeah. I digress.

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay

The mods will deal with posts when needed. Please stay on topic. If you are not requesting a guest please take the discussion elsewhere.

I actually posted something earlier in February and I want to take out a few names because I know I put Vic’s name on here but I have changed mind after quite a few months, so please don’t look at that one because I really don’t want him to come.  Also I am already happy that Erika Harlacher, E. Jason Liebrecht, Elizabeth Maxwell, & Kari Wahlgren have been invited. 

Here are a few people I would love to see! 

Yuri Lowenthal 

Ben Diskin 

Brina Palencia 

J Michael Tatum 

Brandon McInnis 

Stephanie Sheh 

Wendee Lee 

Chris Guerrero 

Felecia Angelle 

Michael Sinterniklaas 

Michelle Ruff 

Ian Sinclair 

and those are just a few 

On 10/20/2018 at 1:08 AM, lp309 said:

Would love to see.......these people in the future....

Monica Rial 

Tia Ballard 

Yuri Lowethal 

Steve Blum 

Andrew Love 

Justin Briner 

Dani Chambers 

Brian Mathis 

Vic Mignogna 

J. Michael Tatum 

Brandon McCinnis 

Sean Schemmel 

Christopher Sabat 

Laura Bailey 

Travis Willingham 

Colleen Clikenbeard 

Luci Christian 

Michelle Ruff 

Christine Marie Cabanos 

Stephanie Sheh 

Patrick Seitz 

Trina Nishimura 

Bryce Papenbrook (again!) 

Josh Grelle (again!!! Please) 

Cherami Leigh (Again!) 

Todd Haberkorn (again!) 

Max Mittleman (again!) 

Erika Harlacher 

Erica Mendez 

Crispin Freeman 

Jerry Jewell 

Joel McDonald 

Ian Sinclair 

Cassandra Lee Morris 

Kari Walgren 

Christina Vee 

Michael Sinterniklaas 

Carrie Keranen 

Wendee Lee 

Greg Ayres 

and bring back Johnny Yong Bosch 

Sorry take out Vic’s name! All the others are fine 

21 minutes ago, leonidoshogun said:

Robie Weitoff

*Robie Weithoff ;)

Would be interesting as a choice 

As it is customary in the guest request thread:

When are the announcements? Any hints?

Also to follow up on twitter, here's a guest request for seiyuu Koiwai Kotori

Notable roles: Renge - Non Non Biyori, Kotoha - IDOLM@STER Million LIve, Shiraishi - Tanaka Is Always Listless, Suzu - Nisekoi, Utsutsu - Gachaman Crowds

Skills: Besides VA, sound engineer, DJ, composer/songwriter 

Another addendum:

- Hunter MacKenzie Austin. Seriously, y'all get Faize's VA, but not Lymle's?*

(plus I wanna ask her why Lymle always sounded so baked. ;) )

*from Star Ocean 4/ Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

-

Also, did I mention y'all should get BAND-MAID, Shonen Knife, or Mari Iijima?

And Bkub Okawa, too.

Edited by onsenmark
more ideas? just in case

To whom it may concern,

I have been attending your conventions for 2 years now and I have enjoyed meeting many guests, thanks to you. I would like to strongly suggest that you consider inviting Mr. Vic Mignogna to your convention. Although there is a controversy surrounding his name, the claims made against him are currently unsubstantiated. I have enjoyed Mr. Mignogna's work for many years now and it is quite easy to see how he became one of the most prolific names in the voice acting game. While there is no evidence to support these claims, there is a wealth of evidence that has displayed Mr. Mignogna's passion for his work, his kindness towards his fans, and his dedication to both anime and the convention scene. In this country, many of us support the right to due process, which ensures that an individual is given the right to be viewed in a court of law before being judged preemptively. No matter what sort of political leanings we have, this principle is an important one for many millions of people across the world. I would like it if the conventions kept as open a mind as us con-goers and fans have. It would truly be sad to see a convention that I have loved attending refuse an invitation for one of my favorite voice actors, simply because they chose to believe the court of public opinion over one of this country's most valued principles.

While many of Vic's contemporaries (primarily his accusers) have taken to social media in attempts to harass, intimidate, and demonize those who disagree with them, Vic has remained quiet and refused to fuel the fire further, seeking counsel and legal advice for the harassment he has endured over the past month. Meanwhile, his contemporaries have made veiled threats to fans of theirs that held opinions of their own on the matter. Threats were made to involve legal entities or government agencies such as the FBI or Homeland Security, while one voice actress even used her social media account to "like" a handful of posts that wished for the death of fans that didn't agree with her. I must respectfully state that if you choose not to extend an invitation to Mr. Mignogna, I will be very disappointed and I will not patronize your conventions in the future. I believe in every person's right to due process and I have decided that I do not want to support a convention or organization that has chosen to deny Mr. Mignogna - or any guest, for that matter - this right. I implore you to consider inviting him and showing the dedicated fans that you, also, uphold this unalienable right. I eagerly await your response.

Ultimately, conventions are for coming together as a community and celebrating anime and other parts of Asian pop culture, as per the purpose of Otakon. I truly hope that you will consider this request. 

Thank you for your consideration.

Edited by Blue Velvetus
  • Confused 1

OKAY. I'm going to quote myself.

On 3/16/2019 at 12:03 AM, onsenmark said:

I'll second LilyPichu, but only if she follows cosplayers around while playing a melodica like that one video. ;)

On Vic: yeah, it's not going to happen for a long while, at best. Let's move on.

There are cons he WILL be that, if you want to go and see him. Other than that.... wait for all the legal issues to clear up, and see what happens.

To be fair, the poster above me made a well-written, passionate post. Kudos for that.

Still, on Vic -- AGAIN: he's probably not coming back to Ota any time soon. Let's move on, shall we?

Getting back on subject, how about some more classic VAs? Like Rachael Lillis or someone like that.

• Like 1

Everyone is entitled to mention who they want to request, people don't really need to argue for/against other people's suggestions.  This is just a suggestions thread :)   If you do not like another person's suggestion, do not need to argue or counter point on here.  That would be going off topic :)  

I personally would like to meet Danny Choo =P  Creator of the Smart Dolls and also one of the first Jpn focused blogs i have followed for many years =P 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I maybe a little late in saying so, but I would like to say that I'm quite happy to see Erika Harlcher, Jason Liebrecht, and Kari Walgren coming.  Elizabeth Maxwell is a solid choice, too, even if I don't have much interest in meeting her for the time being.  I hope a past guest who hasn't been there in a long time can be invited.  I have said it many times already, but if there's one past guest who truly deserves to be brought back, it's Monica Rial.

And while I am pleased with the choices in guests so far (on the dub actors side of things, anyway), depending what other dub actors will be announced and invited, I may just give up on making guest requests ever again.

I'm sorry, but as time has gone by, I've been gradually losing faith that certain guests that me, and other folks as well have often requested for will ever be brought back.  Admittedly, half the time I say to myself "they'll never bring *insert past guest's name* back", no matter how many requests we make.  I can't even feel all that optimistic to believe the old "there's always next year".  While patience is a virtue, there's also a fact about patience people take for granted too often: IT'S NEVER LIMITLESS.

But of course, that's solely my own fault for getting my hopes up every time I make requests on here.

Despite what I've just said though, I do hope the staff will consider bringing Monica back for this year.  I'll try and keep my fingers crossed and hope that this year can make it possible for her to be invited, but should it end up having her be put off for another year, I'll tip my hat in defeat, and peacefully walk away from future guest request threads.

NEW guest announces are planned this week, but I would also <3 to see Rachel Lillis come to the con!  Same can be said for Nathan Sharp, he's pretty cool.

Just going to reiterate my desire for big name seiyuu to be in attendance. That would be great to see. I think the last seiyuu I was personally excited about was in 2015, Romi Park, that was a nice year.

4 hours ago, razisgosu said:

Just going to reiterate my desire for big name seiyuu to be in attendance. That would be great to see. I think the last seiyuu I was personally excited about was in 2015, Romi Park, that was a nice year.

*chants* Naobou Naobou Naobou Naobou Naobou....

11 hours ago, onsenmark said:

I would love that. Her voice has really grown on me in her last handful of roles. 

18 hours ago, onsenmark said:

Ayaya! Ayaya!

So apparently Ikimonogakari’s hiatus is over. I’m a few months late to that news, but I don’t know if they’ve performed in the US before....

Another idea: Susan Dalian would be really cool. I know she doesn't have a loooot of roles but she plays Haku who is a pretty popular character among the Naruto fandom afaik.

As for older "older guests".... Basically any of the English cast of Tenchi Muyo would be really cool. I think those who have even done cons before only did like... three tops. Would be amazing to meet them. Show was my obsession for like two-three years of my life, lol! Petrea Burchard, Matt K. Miller, Jennifer Darling, Sherry Lynn, Kate T. Vogt, Rebecca Forstadt, Ellen Gerstell, Debi Derryberry, Julia Fletcher...

Please bring Vic Mignogna to otakon this year.

People have brought this up over and over. Many many people, including myself, don’t want him there. Inviting him would show a lack of concern for what he’s done to fans over the last 16-some years and what he’s alleged to have done to peers and others.

Considering Mignogna is not in anything anymore, and likely never will be, there’s no reason to invite him anyway.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Aresef said:

People have brought this up over and over. Many many people, including myself, don’t want him there. Inviting him would show a lack of concern for what he’s done to fans over the last 16-some years and what he’s alleged to have done to peers and others.

Considering Mignogna is not in anything anymore, and likely never will be, there’s no reason to invite him anyway.

AFAIK, he's still in Jojo. Viz and/or Bang Zoom! haven't canned him yet, just Funi and RT.

Other than that? I don't wanna talk about this anymore -- this whole thing is starting to give me a migrane. Let this whole thing be something for the courts to decide...

Edited by onsenmark