Guest k227s

The Otakon 2019 Guest Request Thread

I would love to see Erica Mendez!!

She is extremely talented and I enjoy her work such as Emma (Promise Neverland), Retsuko (Aggretsuko) and many more! This is my first time attending Otakon too! :P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scoop17 said:

I would love to see Erica Mendez!!

She is extremely talented and I enjoy her work such as Emma (Promise Neverland), Retsuko (Aggretsuko) and many more! This is my first time attending Otakon too! :P

Ooooh, Ryuko Matoi?

Is there a GameStop in the general area for those who need to get a copy of Kill La Kill: IF that weekend? ;)

Oh, and I have another addendum to my list: Kenji Ohtsuki. I don't think he's EVER been to the US, has he?

Edited by onsenmark
  • Like 1

I'm going to try this again. 

To whom it may concern,

I have been attending your conventions for 2 years now and I have enjoyed meeting many guests, thanks to you. I would like to strongly suggest that you consider inviting Mr. Vic Mignogna to your convention. Although there is a controversy surrounding his name, the claims made against him are currently unsubstantiated. I have enjoyed Mr. Mignogna's work for many years now and it is quite easy to see how he became one of the most prolific names in the voice acting game. While there is no evidence to support these claims, there is a wealth of evidence that has displayed Mr. Mignogna's passion for his work, his kindness towards his fans, and his dedication to both anime and the convention scene. In this country, many of us support the right to due process, which ensures that an individual is given the right to be viewed in a court of law before being judged preemptively. No matter what sort of political leanings we have, this principle is an important one for many millions of people across the world. I would like it if the conventions kept as open a mind as us con-goers and fans have. It would truly be sad to see a convention that I have loved attending refuse an invitation for one of my favorite voice actors, simply because they chose to believe the court of public opinion over one of this country's most valued principles.

While many of Vic's contemporaries (primarily his accusers) have taken to social media in attempts to harass, intimidate, and demonize those who disagree with them, Vic has remained quiet and refused to fuel the fire further, seeking counsel and legal advice for the harassment he has endured over the past month. Meanwhile, his contemporaries have made veiled threats to fans of theirs that held opinions of their own on the matter. Threats were made to involve legal entities or government agencies such as the FBI or Homeland Security, while one voice actress even used her social media account to "like" a handful of posts that wished for the death of fans that didn't agree with her. I must respectfully state that if you choose not to extend an invitation to Mr. Mignogna, I will be very disappointed and I will not patronize your conventions in the future. I believe in every person's right to due process and I have decided that I do not want to support a convention or organization that has chosen to deny Mr. Mignogna - or any guest, for that matter - this right. I implore you to consider inviting him and showing the dedicated fans that you, also, uphold this unalienable right. I eagerly await your response.

Ultimately, conventions are for coming together as a community and celebrating anime and other parts of Asian pop culture, as per the purpose of Otakon. I truly hope that you will consider this request. 

Thank you for your consideration.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Good Morning Guys. This is a request thread, please keep it as such. Ultimately it’s up to Otakon to send out the invites, so please don’t argue, and keep it on topic.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if Aoki Ruriko is in the cards for Otakon this year because that would be a hilariously great guest to go along with Hara Sayuri.

Consider that a request for the future I guess, regardless if Aoki can come with Hara or not.

I'm hoping for Nao Toyama, at this point.

Naobou, Naobou, Naobou, Naobou...

On 6/11/2019 at 11:11 AM, onsenmark said:

I'm hoping for Nao Toyama, at this point.

Naobou, Naobou, Naobou, Naobou...

A seiyuu just got announced yesterday. I think that's all we're getting. I'd be super surprised to see anymore. 

Well folks, Otakon has announced a whole slew of new guests on their Facebook page over the past week.  I'm just wondering when these announced guests will show up on Otakon's main website.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zeeba Neighba said:

Well folks, Otakon has announced a whole slew of new guests on their Facebook page over the past week.  I'm just wondering when these announced guests will show up on Otakon's main website.

Yeah I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice that. >_> They be SLACKIN'.

13 hours ago, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

Yeah I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice that. >_> They be SLACKIN'.

Well... they're there NOW, so... ^^;

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, onsenmark said:

Well... they're there NOW, so... ^^;

So they are.... Finally... lmao.

Gaspar likes to jump the gun :p

5 hours ago, Kewshi said:

Gaspar likes to jump the gun :p

Quiet you. lol

Yuri Lowenthal, Tara Platt, Team Four Star, Steve Blum, Travis Willingham

Well, there's still about three weeks to go, and sometimes there are announcements in the wake of AX, so we'll see...