OtakonNews

[Otakon News]Otakon 2019 Hotel Block Update

4 hours ago, koboshi-chan said:

I got a hotel. The Capital Hilton using Hotels.com and for Thursday to Sunday it was $490. Is the Con block a better rate? 

$490 for the whole weekend? That's a really good deal. However, the distance to the convention center could play a role since it's about a 5 block walk to the WWCC. To put it in perspective, Thursday to Sunday at the Renaissance DC (which is right across the street) was about $730.

Reading through these posts -- egads!  I see nightmares with "404" blinking constantly. :blink:

Not sure if the hotel blocks are all filled up, but would anyone want to know about some hotels that are near metro stations, which I've stayed at and liked?  They're not anywhere near the WEWCC, but are really close to metro stations.  And via metro, one hotel is about 13 minutes to the WEWCC -- the others are around 30 minutes to the WEWCC.

Am not sure if this is ok with Otakon though, since I'm not staff (and I don't work at the hotels).  Just trying to give people alternatives, if they can't get Otakon's hotel rooms.

Edited by EdKitten

12 hours ago, koboshi-chan said:

I got a hotel. The Capital Hilton using Hotels.com and for Thursday to Sunday it was $490. Is the Con block a better rate? 

Not all the time. I also used Hotels.com to reserve my room for this past Otakon. I stayed at the Westin Washington DC City Center with the room rate of $101 a night. The hotel was only a half a mile away from the convention center.

A word of caution: To get these fantastic rates you most likely have to pay upfront and no refunds if you have to cancel.

Be sure to read carefully before you book.  

On 9/2/2018 at 7:33 AM, Daniel Perales said:

Not all the time. I also used Hotels.com to reserve my room for this past Otakon. I stayed at the Westin Washington DC City Center with the room rate of $101 a night. The hotel was only a half a mile away from the convention center.

A word of caution: To get these fantastic rates you most likely have to pay upfront and no refunds if you have to cancel.

Be sure to read carefully before you book.  

Should’ve went for a Suite or Studio at the Residence Inn a few blocks away on Vermont Ave.   For $812 Thurs-Sun the price couldn’t be beat.