KSweeley

Warner Bros. releases first trailer for Legendary's live action Pokemon movie

Warner Bros. has released the first trailer for Legendary's live action Pokemon movie, Pokemon Detective Pikachu:

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, KSweeley said:

Warner Bros. has released the first trailer for Legendary's live action Pokemon movie, Pokemon Detective Pikachu:

Hey, that trailer looks great!  Thanks for posting this -- I can't wait for the movie to be released.  :)

• Thanks 1

I totally agree. I am highly optimistic that this might become the second Hollywood live action movie adaptation of a video game property that won't be crap and is faithful to the source material, the first one for me is the newest Tomb Raider movie reboot that was released this year, that was faithful to the source material which was Square Enix's reboot game. Maybe Tomb Raider was an actual turning point and we will begin seeing Hollywood producers being more faithful to the source for video game adaptations. 

I am planning to see this when it is released to theaters in 2019, I am a fan of Pokemon, have watched the anime and the anime movies, played the mainline games all the way up to Ultra Sun/Moon but have not played Detective Pikachu. 

I hope this movie is highly successful at the box office and we will see more live action Pokemon movie adaptations coming from Legendary. 

It seems like The Pokemon Company made an absolutely awesome decision with giving the first ever live action movie franchise license to Legendary and I can't wait to see future trailers for this movie. 

• Thanks 1

Sure would be terrific if more Hollywood producers would be more faithful to the sources!

I didn't see the Tomb Raider movie -- back then I wasn't sure if it'd be good.  But with your recommendation, I'll be checking it out!  Can't wait for May 2019 for Pokemon Detective Pikachu!  May seems so far away -- hopefully the time will speed by!

Edited by EdKitten

I definitely think I'm the minority here, but I'm glad you guys agree.  I'm looking forward to it!! Yeah, it'll be cheesy and odd, but it looks cute. 

I can't get over Pikachu's voice though......it just doesn't fit lol.

Yeah, I thought Pikachu's voice would be higher, but being a noobie to Pokémon, I wasn't sure.  Still looks cute and can't wait to see the movie!