Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daniel Perales

R.I.P. Stan Lee (1922-2018)

A legend is gone. :(

I met him on the next to last appearance he made in NYCC in the strangest way:

I was using the bathroom at the time. I was fixing myself up when a friend of mine decided to give me a call at that very moment. While I was talking to him, I noticed someone took a quick look inside the bathroom and said it was all clear. I didn't pay attention who went in next after that to use the stall. While still on my phone, I told my friend that he literally caught me with my pants down, and I heard a person giggling in the stall after I said that. I told him I will call right back because I needed both hands to put my belt back on and wash my hands. I heard the person leave the stall and started to wash his hands while I was leaving but still didn't turn around to see who it was. Once I stepped out, I was surrounded by 2 security people asking me where did I came from.

A few seconds later I hear someone says "excuse me" right behind me, and I couldn't believe it, it was Stan Lee. I quickly step aside and apologized to him for being in the way. He looked at me and said, "No problem son". Then he put one hand on my shoulder and shook my hand with the other and told me, "I like your wit. Don't ever lose it.". I said "Thank you Mr. Lee", then security quickly whisked him away.

Too bad I never got to meet him again.  :( He will be missed.

Like many of his characters, Stan Lee was haunted by the things he could not control. In an interview a few years back he expressed frustration about all the things he still wanted to do, but now Father Time was rapidly limiting his ability to see them to completion.

Couldn't believe it when the tv showed Stan had passed.  Had heard he really cared about his fans.  Daniel, I'll bet that's the most unique meeting of a star that anyone ever had!  You even made Stan giggle!  That's so AWESOME!  I loved reading about it.

R.I.P. Stan!