onsenmark

What are you playing?: 2019 Edition!

It's a little early, I know. But what are you currently playing, or are planning on playing when 2019 rolls around?

I'm currently playing seemingly ungodly amounts of Final Fantasy XIV. I managed to get a character through the main Stormblood content, but I'm currently stuck, as her average item level isn't quite high enough. ^^;

Tetris Effect, Rez Infinite, more Shenmue I/II after I re-conquer the 70 Man Battle. 21st century games have ruined me.

Gravity Rush, Ys VIII, Legend of the Dragoon, and Smash Bros Ultimate. Though I don't have very much time to play anything so it's about an hour here and there if I'm lucky.

On 12/27/2018 at 6:53 PM, TomDent said:

Gravity Rush, Ys VIII, Legend of the Dragoon, and Smash Bros Ultimate. Though I don't have very much time to play anything so it's about an hour here and there if I'm lucky.

OMG I loved Gravity Rush! It was a PS Vita launch title back in 2012 and  I took a chance and got it, and it did not disappoint! It held me until they released Hatsune Miku Project Diva F that same year, but yeah. I also have the PS4 remaster and its sequel to [re]play and stream at some point... Shameless plug, but follow me on Twitch if you want to: http://www.twitch.tv/shiggitay1 

On 12/24/2018 at 4:51 PM, Aresef said:

Tetris Effect, Rez Infinite, more Shenmue I/II after I re-conquer the 70 Man Battle. 21st century games have ruined me.

YES! Another Rez [Infinite] fan! Rez on PS2/DC was such a unique concept to me and I'm glad it's still getting some love from devs and fans alike to this day! It's even available for PC (on Steam I believe)!

1 hour ago, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

YES! Another Rez [Infinite] fan! Rez on PS2/DC was such a unique concept to me and I'm glad it's still getting some love from devs and fans alike to this day! It's even available for PC (on Steam I believe)!

Yes. Rez HD was also put out some years back on 360, that was my first hands-on exposure to the series.

• Like 1

Just now, Aresef said:

Yes. Rez HD was also put out some years back on 360, that was my first hands-on exposure to the series.

Have you been able to beat Area 5? That final boss always gets me...

20 minutes ago, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

Have you been able to beat Area 5? That final boss always gets me...

Juuuuuuust barely.

Just now, Aresef said:

Juuuuuuust barely.

Lucky.... I can barely GET TO the boss room... that whole level leading up to it is a doozy... >_>

Sooo as far as what I'm playing in 2019, well I'm always playing the Hatsune Miku Project Diva: Future Tone PS4 port with the mini PS4 arcade controller from Hori, but I'm also delving into my past with some SNES retro stuff. I've been streaming over on Twitch some Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and I've had decent success with viewers etc. I might stream some more tonight to advance my progress on #RoadToAffiliate. I don't mean this post to be self-promotion, but if you guys want to follow me on there do so here: https://www.twitch.tv/shiggitay1. If you do end up coming to watch when I'm live in-chat please say you're from here. Also, I'll gladly take on co-hosts via Discord since I have that enabled to broadcast on stream as well. 

After I play Yoshi's Island 100% (in terms of beating the core game, as I really don't care about getting every single item that's outlined at the end of each level) I plan on doing a playthrough of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (aka Zelda 3). I had done a poll on FB when initially deciding what to stream, and when I was ready to stream that night Yoshi's Island was up there... then i check again later and I see that Zelda 3 passed it greatly, so that's what I'll be playing next.... Anyway, that's what I'm playing in 2019. lol.

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay

Like Gaspar, I still play with "Hatsune Miku Project Diva: Future Tone", on my PS4, I also started to play Atari's "Tempest 4000" more often than not (I really don't have much time playing games, lately).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel Perales said:

Like Gaspar, I still play with "Hatsune Miku Project Diva: Future Tone", on my PS4, I also started to play Atari's "Tempest 4000" more often than not (I really don't have much time playing games, lately).

I'm actually pretty rusty using my mini arcade controller, as I more often play on the actual arcade machine, but I can still play decent overall... lol.

Still playing FF XIV, and trying to get at least one character post-Stormblood before Shadowbringers drops in July. Because HOLY CRAP GUNBREAKER HNNNNNNNNNG

also viera

lalas are still the master race, though ;)

I've decided this year will finally be the year I finish Persona 3 (via Persona 3 Portable). It might actually happen this time since I've made it to November in-game. Beyond that, I've also decided to play ALL the Kingdom Hearts, since that's also a thing that I haven't done yet. Still early in KH1 so not much to say yet.