GasparAKAShiggitay

Most looking forward to thing at Otakon 2019?

What's everyone looking forward to the most at this proclaimed/considered to be 25th Anniversary / 26th calendar year Otakon? I'm hoping for some anniversary merch, like make a new hat, since my hat I got at the 20th anniversary con back in 2013 is all beat up, since I've been wearing it every day for the past like 6 years.. lol. Some commemorative stuff like mugs or other things would be cool...

Anyone else have anything to add?

• Like 1

Anniversary merch sounds terrific!  Especially Otakon's tshirts -- I really like those.  Are you thinking of making a new hat, or perhaps getting another official Otakon one?  It's so hard to let go of my old tshirts -- they're so comfortable and have great memories from Otakon.

Some special programming from Otakon would be really fun, maybe like videos showing bits of Otakon through the years.

All the things people mentioned in Kewshi's post on 2019's festival theme sound terrific too.  I really hope Otakon does what they mentioned.

Edited by EdKitten
  • Like 1

I hope they do a "best of AMVs" segment for the last 25 years (or however far back they had the AMV contest) for all the best in shows. I know they did something similar for the Baltimore years. 

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:35 AM, KyoKyo said:

I hope they do a "best of AMVs" segment for the last 25 years (or however far back they had the AMV contest) for all the best in shows. I know they did something similar for the Baltimore years. 

That'd be awesome!  So many AMVs over the past years are terrific!

Some reproduction stuff would be cool; I miss my '09 shirt. ;_;

• Like 1

In general, I really hope the Makerspace comes back! We kept meaning to go, but just never found the time.

Anniversary-wise, I agree that a retrospective of the AMV contest would be a great idea! Maybe some sort of panel discussing the history of the con from its inception to present day? That might be cool.

• Like 1

Ota-wise: I hope there's some 25th Anniversary stuff. I love Otakon more that just about anything else.

How much?

Given the option of going to Germany and getting to drive on the Nurburgring in a sports car on my 50th BIRTHDAY (this was actually offered - details weren't set yet) I'll be at Otakon likely spending lots of cash on stuff.

#OldButGold

I would like to see something akin to the 2004(?) black long sleeve shirt. It had minis of the previous Otakon shirts on the back. It's my favorite shirt I never wear, because I know it can't be replaced.

Admittedly, fitting 25 different pictures on one item would either reduce them to unrecognizable or require a something like a blanket. 

On 1/22/2019 at 1:53 PM, onsenmark said:

Some reproduction stuff would be cool; I miss my '09 shirt. ;_;

I've still got mine, but it's seen better days.

Definitely looking forward to the merch, though I guess that's true every year.

• Like 1

Oddly enough my older Ota shirts always get f'd up in the arm pit of the shirt..... that makes me sad cuz it makes it basically unwearable :(

We were able to snag the 20th anniversary otakon jerseys so having a 25th anniversary one would be pretty cool. I'm also always interested in seeing unique merch...like with a festival theme ;)

I also agree a "best of AMVs" would be very cool, especially to see how video editing has progressed over the years. (ahh memories of DBZ/Linkin Park AMVs from back in the day...)

And because silver is considered the 25th anniversary gift for modern and traditional (in the US), seeing silver incorporated would be interesting...perhaps a limited edition commemorative coin or medallion...? 

Can't really say since we only know of one guest so far and the schedule won't be known until after all the guests are announced. So we'll see.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 10:29 AM, Amishpriest said:

I've still got mine, but it's seen better days.

Definitely looking forward to the merch, though I guess that's true every year.

Dude I love it that you've been attending Otakon a bit longer, but still long like I have!  RIGHT ON!

I have the Tenth Anniversary blue jean shirt, and the black hoodie with the gold printing on back. Also have the long sleeve black shirt, along with the official 1994 and 1995 shirts. Maybe kept one or two more con shirts, and gave the rest of my spare con shirts to Revan.

I still want an Otakon Flippy Flyer Frisbee with the Post Card image of Hiroshi-kun and Hiroko-chan in festival dress.

I would like Otakon to have a full page picture of all the t-shirts designs from 1994 to present on their "Anniversary Con Book". Also, let the con book have pictures and other info on what was it's highlights for each particular years. 

• Like 2

On 2/11/2019 at 4:47 PM, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

Oddly enough my older Ota shirts always get f'd up in the arm pit of the shirt..... that makes me sad cuz it makes it basically unwearable :(

That's any shirt, pretty much.

'course, a needle and some thread will fix that.

• Like 1

I'm just looking forward to all the planning that goes into Otakon every year!

I'm really looking forward to that actually

Trying to get Elizabeth Maxwell to say Albedo's line "I don't even talk to anyone, who am I supposed to have sex with?!?"

...it's worth a shot...

• Like 1