Sign in to follow this  
GasparAKAShiggitay

2019 Hotel Incidentals Reminder

Hey all! So I was reading through the "How was your hotel?" thread from last year and I saw some people surprised at the fact that at check-in they want $150-200 more than the actual reservation and if you can't successfully get that held on your debit/credit card you cannot check in... This is due to incidental insurance, so if you screw anything up in the room besides normal wear and tear for that weekend, the repairs are covered. The $150-200 usually consists of around $50 per night you have booked for your stay. If you booked the room for yourself only, then I can understand the frustration of not realizing that they need that incidental insurance/not realizing you had to budget for that. Please be aware that such a charge is only a HOLD, and will be released/refunded if nothing warrants that kind of repair in your room.

So, I intend this thread to serve as a reminder for everyone to have you / your group budget an additional $200 or so for the incidentals, even if the booking site you're using doesn't mention it, even though they should, but if you're an experienced con-goer/hotel booker you should expect/remember and budget for it....

Thanks for reading,

Shiggitay

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay
Some clarifications
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1