Aresef

Thursday orientation

Question

I know there are typically two orientation sessions on Thursday. Last time I was at the latter of the two. I was wondering when the earlier session typically happens, so I can make arrangements to be there in time for that instead.

6 answers to this question

On 2/13/2019 at 2:25 PM, Aresef said:

I know there are typically two orientation sessions on Thursday. Last time I was at the latter of the two. I was wondering when the earlier session typically happens, so I can make arrangements to be there in time for that instead.

The last couple years they've been at 9AM.  No guarantee they'll keep with that, but it's likely. 

Good enough for me. Thanks.

We have no plans to change the Thursday  9 am time for our Gofer Orientation this year.

The 9am orientation lets you get to experience the fun of last-minute preps before the doors open for badge pick-up. It's literally "the calm before the storm" and a unique opportunity to see how quiet the convention center is when there's nothing actually going on. I've enjoyed that orientation time slot in the times I've attended it.

• Like 1

Yeah you can also pick up hours after your orientation like helping move program boxes or help other staffers :3 I liked doing all the stuff :p also if you don't have your badge mailed you will be in the first group to get badges :p

Edited by Kewshi