leonidoshogun

Vic Mignogna As a Guest(I may get a lot of heat for this but I don’t care)

Otakon I think Vic would be a great guest for this years otakon because I kinda want to meet him again me and my friends want to see him again and I have some new friends in Washington DC that wants to meet him very badly so I’m just coming up with this idea for him as a guest so I appreciate it you guys at otakon can take this into consideration we would really like to have him as a guest at this years con if possible please take this into consideration and this is what some of the fans want talk about DragonBall talk about Broly just have fun in general I don’t believe in all the stuff he’s done from personal experiences before so I think Vic would be a great guest for otakon this year

your better off finding the dragonballs and making a wish then expecting vic to be invited to any big cons.

Also the closer we get to otakon i expect more of his cult will be spamming boards with requests for there god to grace them with his presence.

Edited by Something Clever

Funny thing two people said the same thing about him at Hawaii con but look they have him as a guest honestly we don’t know what to believe accusations have evidence behind it so we will see

it wont happen vics already been uninvited from most if not all big cons.  smaller ones will have him but dont count on seeing him much anymore.

ill give you credit your at least being a rational person in terms of whats going on.

If most of vics fanbase acted the way you are things wouldnt be so bad.  But you have to look at it from any big events point of view.

Take a possible hit in attendance for not inviting vic.   Against making a huge public relations headache and security nightmare by inviting him to any big venue.  Alot of vics fans are making him out to be jesus christ and to give them a reason to show up is asking for a problem.   Say one of vics cult members overhears someone talking badly about there savior?  yeah things would spiral out of control rapidly and the rent a security most cons have is not enough to stop any major acts of violence.  And if ota gets a bad rep because of any one of these or another incident there gonna have a tough time convincing guests to show up.

Heck with the way things are any women vas or talent would probably think twice about agreeing to a con that lets people currently under fire for sexual assault be a guest.

Vics fans are doing way more harm then good

14 hours ago, Something Clever said:

it wont happen vics already been uninvited from most if not all big cons.  smaller ones will have him but dont count on seeing him much anymore.

ill give you credit your at least being a rational person in terms of whats going on.

If most of vics fanbase acted the way you are things wouldnt be so bad.  But you have to look at it from any big events point of view.

Take a possible hit in attendance for not inviting vic.   Against making a huge public relations headache and security nightmare by inviting him to any big venue.  Alot of vics fans are making him out to be jesus christ and to give them a reason to show up is asking for a problem.   Say one of vics cult members overhears someone talking badly about there savior?  yeah things would spiral out of control rapidly and the rent a security most cons have is not enough to stop any major acts of violence.  And if ota gets a bad rep because of any one of these or another incident there gonna have a tough time convincing guests to show up.

Heck with the way things are any women vas or talent would probably think twice about agreeing to a con that lets people currently under fire for sexual assault be a guest.

Vics fans are doing way more harm then good

Kelly I’m not trying to start anything I just want Vic as a guest Innocent Till Proven Guilty is on the amendment rights unless he’s guilty then yeah you don’t have to have him as a guest but me and many others want him as a guest because of how much he influence as artists I would believe the victim but I was falsy accused myself and after that I Dont believe anyone unless I see evidence I see a lot of people be falsy accused and it sickens me you can do a poll and ask how many of you want Vic as a guest thanks Kelly for taking the time to read this post 

4 hours ago, leonidoshogun said:

Kelly I’m not trying to start anything I just want Vic as a guest Innocent Till Proven Guilty is on the amendment rights unless he’s guilty then yeah you don’t have to have him as a guest but me and many others want him as a guest because of how much he influence as artists I would believe the victim but I was falsy accused myself and after that I Dont believe anyone unless I see evidence I see a lot of people be falsy accused and it sickens me you can do a poll and ask how many of you want Vic as a guest thanks Kelly for taking the time to read this post 

Can you prove you were falsely accused?  If not your basically asking us to believe you with no evidence which is whats happening with vic.  Also provide articles or evidence about these other people who were accused if they were also innocent

It more Vic supporters will come more then the hateful spread positivity not hate the hate is more on the kick Vic side 

the pro vic supporters are issuing death threats so there just as hateful

Why would I send personal buisness in this chat I’m just being honest also you can look up these two college kids who were accused of raping one girl then she admitted she lied just to get the boys out of college they till this day still didn’t get back in that same school and both sides are making this situation worse Kelly said she’s reading the chat whether they bring him in or not that’s not up to our decision that’s up to them if they do great if not then we gotta respect that 

People lie about a lot of stuff Vic wasn’t given a fair thing in this case at all once again this is just a request because me and a lot of my friends want him here whether it happens or not that’s up to them I don’t see how Vic is making this worse he’s just telling the fans to spread positivity you can’t keep up with every single person who’s a fan of you you May not like the guy but I respect the heck out of him 

You can look up a lot of then it’s innocent till proven guilty not guilty till proven innocent and Vic is acting more professional on twitter then some of his fans and the others are threatening fans and everything even people who said their opinions about the situation that don’t agree with them if Vic’s guilty then he’s guilty but from personal experiences I don’t believe he did those things 

And like Kelly said the people are always watching it’s not up to us it’s up to the con if they wanna bring him in and if they do a poll asking the fans if they want to bring Vic as a guest then cool we just gotta deal with it if not then we cool we gotta deal with that to

so if you dont want to provide personal information then why should the people who accuse vic?  either do what you tell others or stop lying

Well because one they don’t have to if they settle this in court then yeah they will be Force to give all the stuff they have so we never know to begin with and plus it’s up to them if they wanna release it or not I’m just saying 

Funny thing I did take it to court and not only that there are private courts private cases  can be no one else’s buisness unless you make it everyone else’s buisness 

Funny thing I did take it to court and not only that there are private courts private cases  can be no one else’s buisness unless you make it everyone else’s buisness 

then you must have a case number or something or at least say what state it was in.  post a few numbers or a screenshot of something then.  because you clearly have proof

Well my court case is none of your business and like the moderator said keep it civil id have to ask my lawyer for the case number but remember it’s a private case which means none of your buisness 

Me and my friends want Vic as a guest it’s as simple as that it’s called guest requests for a reason

So your avoiding the questions because your innocent and not lying?  Give me the lawyers name surely you can do that at least i cant get anything from him no matter what so it should be safe right?

Keep in mind it’s my case my privacy it’s even in the amendments I don’t have to show you anything unless it’s my decisions

Then why mention your a victim if you didnt want to talk about it?  you specifically mentioned your a victim but why say that if its something you dont want to discuss?

Well I should’ve put from experience I just didn’t think he wasn’t given a fair advantage did anyone else give you their case number yes or no?

So you didnt get falsely accused then or is your story changing now to i have experience but it might not be personal.? And people raised over 100,000$ for vic and nothing for his accusers how does he not have an advantage?  The people who accused vic have to pay there own legal fees.  And nobody else is claiming there a victim on here so i dont have case numbers

Nope not changing my story it’s none of your buisness and second most of that money is going to legal fees it costs money to have a lawyer and yes no one maybe claiming but also maybe it’s none of your buisness as well WE DONT KNOW if the stuff against Vic is true or not I’m not lying about serious ---- like this we don’t know nothing once the court cases come I just think it was unfairly unjust on what he’s receiving

Nope not changing my story it’s none of your buisness and second most of that money is going to legal fees it costs money to have a lawyer and yes no one maybe claiming but also maybe it’s none of your buisness as well WE DONT KNOW if the stuff against Vic is true or not I’m not lying about serious ---- like this we don’t know nothing once the court cases come I just think it was unfairly unjust on what he’s receiving

So then ill ask again if its none of peoples business why bring it up?  Literally no reason to mention it and still havnt given me a reason why

How is it unfair for someone not having to pay for court fees and someone has to pay there own?  Vic doesnt thave to pay anything yet his accusers have to pay seems like its unfair towards the accusers.

Look I’m not gonna believe the accusers unless I have a gut feeling all the stuff is true or unless I see a police report but once again it’s none of our damn businesses we don’t know it’s true or not  I saw against Vic was just some stupid stuff Vic has to pay for his own lawyer like we don’t know how his money works we know nothing Jamie has her own go fund me I don’t think he should pay for something it’s two sides to every story and we have two sides who’s making the situations out of control so yeah we all have our own opinions 

Look I’m not gonna believe the accusers unless I have a gut feeling all the stuff is true or unless I see a police report but once again it’s none of our damn businesses we don’t know it’s true or not  I saw against Vic was just some stupid stuff Vic has to pay for his own lawyer like we don’t know how his money works we know nothing Jamie has her own go fund me I don’t think he should pay for something it’s two sides to every story and we have two sides who’s making the situations out of control so yeah we all have our own opinions 

But what about you saying your a victim?  still havnt explained the reasoning behind that and keep saying the same stuff over and over again like you just want the last word when you could have stopped responding ages ago,

You may want to get Vic's autograph, but he has a pattern of behavior that for years and years was protected by the whisper network. I'm not accusing Otakon specifically of having a part in this, but he was a known problem among staff at the conventions he frequented, as has been referenced in the io9 and ANN stories and elsewhere. While some of the more serious allegations like those made by Monica Rial and others did not come forward until only recently, that Mignogna is a creep is generally not news.

With the public airing of the claims against him, there is no longer plausible deniability for the events that would invite him and the studios that would employ him. If he were to come to an event and further engage in the kind of behavior that has been documented--I'm not a lawyer, but there could be liability on the part of the event for having invited him despite having known his history.

Look lets just say I was young and stupid it happens it was two woman I thought I could get but I got played I’m just gonna keep it simple once again it’s none of your buisness unless I give it to you I put that out there to say that it was fair how he was treated

1 minute ago, Aresef said:

You may want to get Vic's autograph, but he has a pattern of behavior that for years and years was protected by the whisper network. I'm not accusing Otakon specifically of having a part in this, but he was a known problem among staff at the conventions he frequented, as has been referenced in the io9 and ANN stories and elsewhere. While some of the more serious allegations like those made by Monica Rial and others did not come forward until only recently, that Mignogna is a creep is generally not news.

With the public airing of the claims against him, there is no longer plausible deniability for the events that would invite him and the studios that would employ him. If he were to come to an event and further engage in the kind of behavior that has been documented--I'm not a lawyer, but there could be liability on the part of the event for having invited him despite having known his history.

I agree 

Like I said before Innocent Until Proven Guilty not the other way around it’s like that in the amendments I certainly don’t believe he did those things honestly but I don’t know because these are just accusations some can be true some can be false people can have opinions on this situation just like the fans Vic fans threaten people behind his back and he wants people to spread positivity and he cant keep up with every fan just like Monica and Jamie 

Like I said before Innocent Until Proven Guilty not the other way around it’s like that in the amendments I certainly don’t believe he did those things honestly but I don’t know because these are just accusations some can be true some can be false people can have opinions on this situation just like the fans Vic fans threaten people behind his back and he wants people to spread positivity and he cant keep up with every fan just like Monica and Jamie 

The presumption of innocence applies to legal proceedings. Notwithstanding existing agreements, conventions and companies are free to decide they shouldn’t associate with him.

Was Mignogna spreading positivity with that former student of his in 1989? To believe that every single one of these allegations is untrue is to believe in a massive conspiracy stretching back years. And cui bono?

id say the same thing with Brett Kavanaugh and Johnny Depp But we never know Honestly it’s just my opinion on the situation some might be true some might be false people want us to believe the victims to be honest as much as I want to yeah some may be true but it’s two sides to every story people lie 

id say the same thing with Brett Kavanaugh and Johnny Depp But we never know Honestly it’s just my opinion on the situation some might be true some might be false people want us to believe the victims to be honest as much as I want to yeah some may be true but it’s two sides to every story people lie 

A convention or a studio can’t take that risk when this is a pattern of reputed behavior going back 30 years—before he ever did anime. Knowing what they can’t deny knowing now, if he touches or kisses a fan without consent, if he sexually assaults a peer, that’s a lawsuit. Or regardless, there are fans who will choose not to support an event or release that would include him. Funimation and Rooster Teeth clearly decided he’s too much of a liability to have around anymore.