Would anybody else be interested in having pro wrestlers from New Japan Pro Wrestling, Ring of Honor, All Elite Wrestling as guests and/or maybe even a show?
Anime fans and wrestling fans have a lot of similar fans, and a lot of wrestlers are fans of wrestling.

As cool of an idea that would be when you consider some of the wrestling events that were close to Otakon in the past (heck, in 2005, some Otakon attendees could have easily gotten on the beltway to attend Summerslam in DC), there's still a number of roadblocks standing in the way of this idea. The biggest one of all: most of the top Japanese stars will not be available due to the G1 Climax.

• Like 1

Having people from New Japan Pro Wrestling would be cool, but yeah, G1 Climax, which is a (roughly) month long tournament, generally takes place right when Otakon is happening.

Of course, there other other Japanese wrestling promotions that could be considered. DDT Pro-Wrestling could be cool too. Or if you want to go crazy, Kaiju Big Battel.

It's way more feasible to have retired rikishi, as Otakon has had in the past.

On 4/18/2019 at 7:04 AM, Robert_Jackson said:

I meant to say a lot of wrestlers are fans of anime lol, 

Heck, Kazuchika Okada just recently married one of the girls from the original Love Live.

Wrestlers have been making more appearances at conventions between the standard comic-con bookings, Xavier Woods going to Magfest and PAX, and Kenny Omega partnering with CEO.  I don't think it is outside of the realm of possibility to invite some indie wrestlers that have or are still working in Japan.  In fact I think the STARDOM women's wrestlers would make for a great panel.

• Like 1