Sign in to follow this  
new_reaper

Would Otakon ever try this?

I recently heard about Anime Matsuri having Toho as a guest and the company is bringing the Official Godzilla Store with them to the convention. I think that sounds like a good idea for a guest request.

If Bandai Sunrise comes this year how about asking if the might want to have the official Gundam Store/Cafe set up in the dealers room? Also you could ask Toho if they want to do the same thing at Otakon.

• Like 1

Honestly, this is not a bad idea.

Given what Otakon has gotten the last two years (the concert event that usually happens at AX in 2017; the DBZ Tour last year), it would be cool to have a different "big" booth each year that would sell something cool like the Godzilla Store and the Gundam Store/Cafe.

I'd love to have Square Enix show up this year(if only so I can save on shipping and get a copy of Cactpot Party, lol)

Plus, who wouldn't want to have an aetheryte in the dealers' room? Too bad we can't link it to another one, because they aren't real, lol.

There are lots of things Anime Matsuri does that most cons or con staffers shouldn't do. I'd rather not start another fight here, so I'll leave it there.

But I know having a cafe would probably run afoul of convention center contracts. Like, that's why no vendor outside of the official food vendor sells Pocky or any other candy.