Sign in to follow this  
Krabstarr

Behold, our new overlords: DENPA

Were the bylaws, just changed or something because under faqs. 

No. The only people who have a direct say in how Otakorp conducts its affairs, or how it runs the convention, are the voting members. Neither are there any industry reps on our board of directors, and it would be difficult for industry reps to satisfy the requirements to be a voting member in the first place. We do work closely with the industry and maintain good relations with them, but they don't pull the strings or pay the bills." 

https://www.otakon.com/help/faq/

Maybe I am wrong in this  instant, but I was curios.

We've always been "by fans, for fans"

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

In short nothing was changed.

As part of a package, space on our website was reserved for advertisement/sponsorship acknowledgement. Much like how someone might buy a half-page in the program book to advertise something.

Also, Otaquest. I juuuuust missed seeing m-flo during their thing at Anime Central (it turns out they were the third act up... at midnight, after I started making my way back to the Airbnb). Gets me thinking I want to try to be at the dance at Ota, especially since Ota is going to be waaay clearer about who's playing when.

(For those who don't know, m-flo's DJ Taku co-founded Otaquest to bring Japanese acts to big international audiences.)