Sign in to follow this  
sulkyselkie

Preferred Seating Clarification

Question

Hi...I was wondering if I could get a clarification on how Preferred Seating will work? I see on the Showclix site that Preferred Seating ticket holders will be seated after VIP ticket holders for any given concert. My understanding of that is that Preferred Seating ticket holders may queue up in their own line as early as they like, but must stand in their line and will not be seated until the concert start time. Is this correct? Sorry if this seems pedantic, I'm just trying to get a feel for how to plan out my afternoon. (Last year, I was a Distant Worlds VIP ticket holder and showed up 5 minutes before the concert started and got seated right away. I'm assuming that I'll need to arrive earlier and wait in a line before being seated with my Preferred Seating ticket; I'm just trying to figure out how early.)

3 answers to this question

Main Events here! We are still working out some of the timing details, but I'm aiming for VIP and Preferred Seating to sit 60-30 min before open, and General Seating to start 30min before start to allow time for everyone to get their booties in a seat to start the show right on time :)  Mreferred Seating could continue with their own line even after the general seating has started, so call it a "line skip" of sorts, you just won't be guaranteed seating near the front, you'd follow the general flow of traffic. 

The general way the seating will work is similar to last year where the VIP folks will be seated first, then the Preferred seating folks, and then open seating. The idea with the Preferred seating is to offer folks a chance to not have to line up 2+ hours before the concert to get a seat. While there may be some small advantage to waiting in line early with a Preferred seating pass, it should not be as critical.  The actual times someone should show up to get in with their VIP and Preferred seating for each concert are being worked out now as we are sorting out line arrangements, but I imagine it will end up along the lines of what we did last year where VIP pass holders will be told to show up 45-30 minutes before the concert to be seated, preferred pass holders will be let in next 35-20 minutes before the concert, and then everyone else. 

In terms of numbers there are 100 VIP seats, up to 400 Preferred seats, and depending on where some of the sound gear ends up roughly 1,500 open/first-come first-served seats for each concert. 

Matt, Kelly, thank you for answering! I think I might aim to get to the concert about 30 minutes before showtime to get closer to the front. Good to know that I can get seated at that time instead of standing in line!

Also, I really like that you're offering some options for getting guaranteed seating and/or meeting the guests! The older I get, the less I hold up well waiting in line, so it's great to not have to worry. I hope you keep offering this in the future!