Weather forecast for Otakon

A July forecast for DC has the following predictions:

Thurdsay - Sun and some clouds, High 92 / Low 72

Friday - Mostly sunny - 92 / 73

Saturday - A P.M. shower or thunderstorm - 91 / 73

Sunday - A morning t-storm; some sun 87 / 72

(part of me wants to convert this to Celsius out of habit at my job)

As always, keep in mind that we're still 3 weeks out, and with weather forecasting - like baseball - you can miss 2 out of 3 times and still be considered good at it. But it looks like a good weekend, if hot. (Then again, it's DC in July.)

Time for this annual reminder: Between the hot weather of the summer months and the amount of heat that can be produced in cities due to urban heat islands, the weather forecasts for Otakon weekend do call for possible rain most of the time. While there's a chance that the rain forecast may not happen (or if it does, it happens during a period where you're indoors), I advise you to bring along an umbrella to and from the convention center just in case.

Weather forecast for Otakon 2019: ;)

:-D

Just to be safe, keep an umbrella on you at all times, and if you have to, find a shop or something to take cover in if the weather is particularly bad(Saturday night of 2017, anyone?), maybe grab some food and relax until it's over.

Also, for Monday, for those of us who are leaving then: as I type, the forecast calls for an afternoon shower. High of 88 degrees F, low of 75 degrees F.

Yeah, I never worry too much about the weather since I spend almost ALL day in the convention center, but getting caught in a random downpour from hotel to convention center does suck.  

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the numbers are slightly lower, both the link above and [url=https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=38.8904&lon=-77.032] the National Weather Service[/url] have the forecast as mostly sunny in the high 80s with no mention of rain. Again it's the weather, so they should be taken with a grain of salt and pack an umbrella to be sure.

(Don't know why the url link code isn't working.)

Edited by Revan
On Saturday, July 06, 2019 at 9:27 PM, windseeker said:

Glad I got the connected hotel this year, also for the fact that my panel got scheduled for midnight on Sat....

Will Marriott still have the connecting tunnel open at midnight?  I sure hope so!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.