I see that the Otakon game show is on the schedule this year after being missing for a couple years.  However I don't see the gameshow qualifier sessions that historically has taken place a few hours before the actual game show.  Is this a different game from years past? I do hope they aren't just randomly going to pull people from the audience...

Hello! I’m Kelly and I did the Gameshow this year. It was never meant to be like the show of games past. I have never been involved with it, and had never seen it actually. My attempt was to make something new and different. Unfortunately what I spent a year planning wasn’t quite what ended up happening and I take full responsibility for that. Unfortunately there were lots of things that happened within those two days prior to con that just threw all my plans out of the water, plans are only as good as the execution and I failed on that. 

Please feel free to message me any comments questions concerns or questions.

6 hours ago, windseeker said:

I went but ended up leaving because we couldn't see anything where we were sitting. You had to be in the first few rows :/ 

This is definitely something we will keep in mind, thank you for letting us know - sorry you didnt get to see it :(

I think the biggest problem I had with this years game show was expectations. The guidebook entry didn't have a description for the event only the name "Otakon Gameshow" which one would naturally expect to be like previous "Otakon Gameshow".  I think just adding the description "Let's make a deal at Otakon" would've helped so people would know to expect Let's Make a Deal rather than Jeopardy.

5 hours ago, cloudtheclow said:

I think the biggest problem I had with this years game show was expectations. The guidebook entry didn't have a description for the event only the name "Otakon Gameshow" which one would naturally expect to be like previous "Otakon Gameshow".  I think just adding the description "Let's make a deal at Otakon" would've helped so people would know to expect Let's Make a Deal rather than Jeopardy.

Definitely things we can make adjustments for next year!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 2:23 PM, windseeker said:

I went but ended up leaving because we couldn't see anything where we were sitting. You had to be in the first few rows :/ 

And I definitely was afraid of that.  When I realized on Thursday I wasn't going to be able to use the stage, I was told by the tech we could hook up the gopro for some action shots, but when I showed up it didn't work.  Definitely an expectation vs reality moment for me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.