Amazing Cosplay You Saw at Otakon 2019

I had to get this topic started because I saw a Dr. Strange cosplay Friday morning that literally (yes, the correct term for it) made my jaw drop. He said he was going to be rocking Dr. Strange all weekend so I'm sure many got to see him. His costume, coif, and props were all top-notch. A spell book with green-glowing pages and other lighted props brought his ensemble over the top! I hope he won some award during the weekend.

Yes! This guy dressed as Shin from Dorohedoro. It's been a long time since I've seen a cosplay that made me stop and blurt out "OMG CAN I TAKE YOUR PHOTO!!?" I never see any cosplayers from this series. It was a great start to Friday morning. :D I spent almost the entirety of my first panel editing the photo on my phone as you can see by the two edits below. :wub:

Shin-Dorohedoro-3-Low.jpg

Edited by mellow-osity
On 7/29/2019 at 8:21 PM, Fadamor said:

I had to get this topic started because I saw a Dr. Strange cosplay Friday morning that literally (yes, the correct term for it) made my jaw drop. He said he was going to be rocking Dr. Strange all weekend so I'm sure many got to see him. His costume, coif, and props were all top-notch. A spell book with green-glowing pages and other lighted props brought his ensemble over the top! I hope he won some award during the weekend.

That was actually me.  I'm glad you liked it.

On 7/31/2019 at 12:22 PM, Doctor Strange said:

That was actually me.  I'm glad you liked it.

I did, sir. Your props approached CGI quality when viewed from the distance I initially saw you at (~30 feet). I momentarily forgot what I was supposed to be doing (directing people into Registration to pick up their badges) while I had a "WTF! How is he doing that?" moment. For just a second... I truly believed in magic! Domo arigatou gozaimasu!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.