Renaissance - Check Your Billing Statements!

Anyone that stayed at the Renaissance DC, make sure to check your billing statement!!

Just checked my online account and I was charged for an extra night. Tried calling the hotel and literally the phone rang off the hook for 10 minutes before someone answered. Really didn't get any help afterwards as their billing department left an hour early and there was no manager on call. I eventually called corporate and  they told me I was charged double on my last night. They put a dispute in for me, but told me it will take 5-10 business days to pass the verification of the controller process.

Has this happen to anyone else? I know last year there were many issues with the Marriott. Oddly enough the Marriott owns the Renaissance as well. 

Yikes. I have run into disputes on a final bill before that I usually hash out at the front desk, but I don't think I've ever been billed an extra night. Did this show up on the statement they gave you at the hotel? Or just what was taken from your bank account? 

On 8/1/2019 at 9:06 AM, mellow-osity said:

Yikes. I have run into disputes on a final bill before that I usually hash out at the front desk, but I don't think I've ever been billed an extra night. Did this show up on the statement they gave you at the hotel? Or just what was taken from your bank account? 

No, it wasn't on the bill the front desk gave me when I checked out. It was a totally separate charge the day after I left. The amount equals a extra night. I'll need to call on Monday to get an update on my case, since I haven't received any e-mail updates the representative told me I would get following our conversation on the phone. The whole situation is pretty frustrating. 

Well as I was about to call the hotel again to get some type of update or just to follow up, I checked my e-mail and didn't receive anything other than a billing statement with the extra wrong charge. I decide to also check my online billing statement to see if anything was posted, and today on Monday, I got my refund!!! 

Super glad I finally got my refund! Not sure if the hotel did it directly or if it was from calling corporate, but nonetheless this issue has been settled. 

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.