New York Comic Con Oct 3 - 6, 2019. Any one here going?

Hi All!

I just got my NYCC badge in the mail last night, so I'm going to assume that others are beginning to get their's as well. Also, it's the return of their offshoot "Anime Fest @ NYCC X Anime Expo". I think that part is going to be worst than last year.

Last year, you had to buy a separate badge to attend that part and travel via shuttle bus or walk to it's location (was about a little more than a half a mile away from the Javis). This year, it's a lot closer, but it seems like you have to buy a badge for each individual event for Anime Fest @ NYCC x Anime Expo :blink:

Who's bright idea this was? Last year it was almost a disaster. This year it might probably crash and burn!

Anyway, it's a good thing that I do enjoy everything else that NYCC has to offer, but I would hold off my anime appetite for Anime NYC that will go on the following month.

NYCC sounds AWESOME!!!  It's probably so hard for you to wait 'til Oct!  Though, I won't be able to attend.  The Anime Fest doesn't sound too promising, but if they have people buying badges for each individual event -- maybe they have better things scheduled this year?  I don't know.  Sounds like a coin toss as to whether the Anime Fest will be good or not.  Hey, at least Anime NYC will be in Nov!

Please tell us about your adventures at NYCC (and Anime Fest, if you attend)!  :)

Edited by EdKitten
  • 1 month later...

Hi All!

New York Comic Con is less than 4 days away. I know the anime industry companies will have some presence in the Show Floor. There's Crunchyroll, FUNImation, GKids, Toei Animation, and VIZ Media. I think they will have their own panels (with the exception of GKids and Toei) as well.

Hope to see some of you there!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All!

NYCC has come and gone. I did enjoy myself on what they had on this year, but I also felt a bit off this year. I thought it was con-fatigue at first, but I realized that I was also doing things for others, and was waiting for others that actually impeded some of the things I really wanted to do.

Oh well, live and learn...  :mellow:

Anyway, I manage to attend most of the panels that I wanted to attend. I went to the Crunchyroll, FUNImation, and VIZ Media panel and it did what I expected them to do. But I also went to the "Steven Universe" panel which was the first and best panel I had attended at the con.

There were some decent costumes that I've seen from both anime and movies/comics, but the one that caught my eye was this woman who cosplayed as Eclipsa from "Star vs The Forces of Evil". It's like she stepped out of the screen right into reality.:o Too bad I couldn't take a decent picture of her.

The Anime Fest @ NYCC side was a huge disappointment for me. With the NYCC badge, you were only allowed to stay at the ground floor which was like a big open room. It has somewhat decent display of things but nothing more. Everything else I think was on the second floor and you do need an Ax@NYCC  badge which you have to pay extra, to participate.

Anime Expo should just stop at this point. I recommend people  to save their major anime appetite for Anime-NYC coming at the Javis the very next month.

I did manage to have a good time overall. Now I'm just waiting patiently for Anime-NYC and that will be it for cons this year.

On Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 11:48 AM, Daniel Perales said:

Hi All!

NYCC has come and gone. I did enjoy myself on what they had on this year, but I also felt a bit off this year. I thought it was con-fatigue at first, but I realized that I was also doing things for others, and was waiting for others that actually impeded some of the things I really wanted to do.

Oh well, live and learn...  :mellow:

Anyway, I manage to attend most of the panels that I wanted to attend. I went to the Crunchyroll, FUNImation, and VIZ Media panel and it did what I expected them to do. But I also went to the "Steven Universe" panel which was the first and best panel I had attended at the con.

There were some decent costumes that I've seen from both anime and movies/comics, but the one that caught my eye was this woman who cosplayed as Eclipsa from "Star vs The Forces of Evil". It's like she stepped out of the screen right into reality.:o Too bad I couldn't take a decent picture of her.

The Anime Fest @ NYCC side was a huge disappointment for me. With the NYCC badge, you were only allowed to stay at the ground floor which was like a big open room. It has somewhat decent display of things but nothing more. Everything else I think was on the second floor and you do need an Ax@NYCC  badge which you have to pay extra, to participate.

Anime Expo should just stop at this point. I recommend people  to save their major anime appetite for Anime-NYC coming at the Javis the very next month.

I did manage to have a good time overall. Now I'm just waiting patiently for Anime-NYC and that will be it for cons this year.

THANKS so much for the con report!  Sorry things seemed a bit off.  And Anime Fest -- eeep -- seems by now, it should've improved.  That's awful that it seems like it's not worth going.  :(

Hey, maybe someone has the Eclipsa cosplayer on a Youtube video?  I hope Anime-NYC goes much better!

Edited by EdKitten
  • 1 month later...