Otakon 2020 Hotel Portal update?

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if the Marriott will allow reserving 2-bed rooms this year.  Last year the Marriott rooms were 100% "Run of the house", which means "Whatever room we feel like giving you when you show up".  Not a nice situation for families or people with a group of 3 - 4 people.

Edited by shadowspawn
On 10/5/2019 at 2:51 PM, shadowspawn said:

I wonder if the Marriott will allow reserving 2-bed rooms this year.  Last year the Marriott rooms were 100% "Run of the house", which means "Whatever room we feel like giving you when you show up".  Not a nice situation for families or people with a group of 3 - 4 people.

Unlikely as they put themselves at risk for overbooking certain types of rooms if they specify the type of room on the reservation for the Marquis.  I assume they made the change to "ROH" inventory for attendees to make it easier to manage convention guest rooms and accommodate their requests first.

The good news is that with all the new hotels that opened around the convention center, there are options for guaranteed two-bedded rooms if that is your priority. 

Edited by DeathJester

This bit caught my eye:

Welcome snack in lobby for all Otakon guests, collector Otakon pin given out for each room at check in. Collector hotel room key cards!

The Marriott is my preferred choice due to convenience, but this extra stuff makes me want to book there even more to satisfy my curiosity about these perks. (Or is it perqs?)

Looks like I'll find out about this promo, as I got the Marriott! :D

That application error at noon had me refreshing the page every time it got done loading. Had a bear of a time getting the reservation, as it didn't take the +1 guest data when I first entered it, and then had my brother's email as my contact initially. Then the Confirmation button wouldn't work, so I was really worried at first, but then everything went through.

Anyone know how fast the Marriott sold out? by the time I was done, it was off the hotel list.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:37 PM, Revan said:

Anyone know how fast the Marriott sold out? by the time I was done, it was off the hotel list.

I looked at it around 12:03, and it was still available then.

Out of curiosity I checked again at about 12:08, and it was gone.