Might as well start it now
Yuri Lowenthal
Tara Platt
Steve Blum
Travis Willingham
Troy Baker
Nolan North
Team Four Star (most of them are legit voice actors now)
Scott Frerichs
Nick Landis
Curtis Arnott
Lawrence Simpson
Kirran Somerlade
Grant Smith

Edited by .taro.
fix title

A 16 year hobby with 5 of the years at Otakon, too many guests that I can think of, I usually let conventions decide who to invite and not make any requests.  But with the chance that I may not be able to continue whether it's lack of motivation or issues at home, Only two possible guests I can think of can change my mind.

(1) Aqours - I would not have considered bringing the name up for an east coast appearance if SubUnit Guilty Kiss were not given an invite for a different east coast convention later this year.  If the whole group, or even the other SubUnits (Cyaron or Azalea) were invited I would be convinced to return for another year.

(2) Kana Hanazawa - alot of favorite characters I can think of that she has voiced 

Edited by lightningneko

Idols! Like someone mentioned Aquors or just a sub unit of Aquors would be great, but getting the next generation of Love Live, Nijigaski Idol Club in a US debut would be AMAZING!

Studio Trigger. Yes I know you just did but, man, they're amazing.

Manga artist Akiko Higashimura.

Manga artist Arina Tanemura

The idol group i☆Ris

The idol group Run Girls, Run

Otherwise I'd love to see more animators , idols, and artists from Japan.

EARLY GUEST REQUESTS:

Japanese:  Hirokatsu Kihara, Mai Toda, Folks from WHITE FOX, SUNRISE, and/or KINEMA CITRUS
English:  Dani Chambers, Morgan Berry, Monica Rial, Bryn Appril, Juliet Simmons, Sarah Wiedenheft, Daman MIlls, Justin Briner, David Matranga, Dan Green, Eric Stuart, Kevin Penkin.

EARLY CONCERT REQUEST:
fhana, Tatsuro Yamashita.

With the theme of next year being the 2020 Olympics, I think Otakon should stay true to that theme and bring in some of the people involved in Akira (in which said event serves as a plot point).

Edited by TnAdct1

Both Trigger & Kihara already came back once. Hope they can again!

But two U.S. hits with strong dub followings are seeing some pretty big anniversaries so it would be awesome if Otakon could get a group for Evangelion's 25th and/or FLCL's 20th.

I'd love to see a panel like the champloo one this year for the FLCL eng. cast with Kari Wahlgren coming back along with Barbara Goodson and Stephanie Sheh. But if you could book The Pillows... I know people who haven't come in years that would suddenly be back on board.

As for eva, I have no idea what the future of the funi rebuild dub is or how cross-industry panels would work but I think it would be really fun to see members of the original/funi cast and the netflix cast in the same panel.

Here we go!:

VAs: Kyle Hebert, Ali Hillis, Laura Bailey, Troy Baker, Tiffany Grant, Spike Spencer.

Seiyuu: Nao Toyama, Minori Suzuki, Nozomi Nishida, Kiyono Yasuno, Ami Koshimizu, Megumi Nakajima, Aya Endou, Yoko Hikasa.

Musical: Walkure, JUNNA, Megumi Nakajima, May'n, Shonen Knife, BAND-MAID, The HU(so they're Mongolian, that should count, right?)

Mangaka: Bkub Okawa, Kaoru Mori

Others: Hiroshi Fujioka(KAMEN RIDER ICHIGO), Naoki Yoshida( YOSHI-P!!!!)

That's all for now, I think...

The yearly tradition will continue with requesting - Yoshiyuki Tomino!

I know one of these years we might finally get him, or at least I can dream. 

Other Requests:
- Shūichi Ikeda
- Fumihiko Takayama

- David Hayter
- Steve Blum

Going to throw the left field of my wishlist out there:

-Yasuomi Umetsu: animator and director that has done major work in character design for works including Kokkoku: Moment by Moment; Casshan: Robot Hunter, Lily C.A.T., and Megazone 23 Part II.

-Toshio Maeda: prolific manga writer and casually cited creator of the modern "tentacles" trope.

-Satoshi Urushihara: artist. In addition to his own stuff he has worked in animation on a wide range of titles including Akira.  He also has a rare story of being senior staff on a number of U.S. market shows including Jem, G.I. Joe, and Transformers (where he was also animation director).

-Maki Murakami: mangaka.  Known for Gravitation, Kanpai!, and Gamerz Heaven.  Previously appeared at Otakon 2007.

Edited by Panda
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've made earlier requests like Monkey Majik and m-flo known.

Besides them, Konomi Suzuki, fhána, GRANRODEO, the seiyuu Aoi Yuuki, director Shingo Natsume, Monica Rial, Cristina Vee

19 hours ago, Aresef said:

I've made earlier requests like Monkey Majik and m-flo known.

Besides them, Konomi Suzuki, fhána, GRANRODEO, the seiyuu Aoi Yuuki, director Shingo Natsume, Monica Rial, Cristina Vee

Definitely going to toss my vote in with Monkey Majik, Perhaps even Invite the Yoshida Brothers for a re-appearance (and the Change Encore of course)
Myth & Roid would be fun (Overlord OP S3, ED S1, ED S1; Re:Zero ED2) https://myanimelist.net/people/40497/MYTH___ROID
GARNiDELiA  (Animegataris OP; Gundam: G OP1; Kill la Kill OP2; Mahouka Koukou no Rittousei ED) https://myanimelist.net/people/28539/GARNiDELiA
8-Bit Big Band FT: Kaho Kidoguchi 木戸口歌穂 - they do video game covers, they're "local" based out of NYC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBovvL03dKQ - Kaho Kidoguchi Mao Mao OP (Cartoon Network), currently lives and performs in Japan

Yeah, what I was told in the thread for this year was that they've tried to get Monkey Majik in the past, but the scheduling hasn't worked.

Sidebar: It's super weird when an Avex act performs stateside now because literally none of their newer CDs are available even in dealer's rooms now due to the baffling export ban. I wanted to get something signed by Verbal and Taku Takuhashi at ACen, but found nothing physical in the dealers room for them to sign. And then there's the absurd way autograph tickets were handled at ACen, so even if I found something... but that's another story.

For context: Grandrodeo and Garnidella have both been attempted before.  I feel like we may have come close with M-flo a while ago, but I know we had Taku this past year.

Scheduling is always a challenge, especially for folks who work the lucrative summer festivals in Japan.

On 7/29/2019 at 6:16 PM, viga said:

Idols!

But they're not idols! lol.

Performers:

• Tadokoro Azusa - I think her brand of rock is great for the typical Otakon concert crowd
  • Machico - Same, but more skin
  • Roselia - Same, but more weird/vk-ish
  • Mizuki Nana
  • Kanno Yoko
  • May'n
  • KOTOKO
  • Okui Masami - don't people want Slayers music...
  • SoundOrion - a selfish request lol
  • Trysail
  • Sphere
  • fhana
  • Suzuki Minori
  • Suzuki Konomi
  • THE IDOLM@STER - any of them, 765ProALLSTARS, Million Stars, Cinderella Girls, SideM, Shiny Colors. It'll be the 15th anniversary in 2020 for the franchise.
  • nano.RIPE
  • Onsen Musume
  • Oresama
  • TK
  • ZAQ
  • JAM Project
  • Earphones
  • Nishizawa Shiena
  • MIyano Mamoru
  • Sawano Hiroyuki's thing...SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]

Seiyuu:

• Takahashi Rie
  • Kouno Marika
  • Takahashi Minami
  • Suwa Ayaka
  • Tanaka Minami
  • Asakura Momo
  • Amamiya Sora
  • Miyake Marie
  • Kouno Hiyori
  • Isobe Karin
  • Nishi Asuka
  • Taneda Risa
  • Sugita Tomokazu
  • Nakamura Yuichi
  • Fujita Akane
  • Hikasa Yoko
  • Kito Akari
  • Tachibana Rika
  • MAO
  • Tsuda Minami
  • Yuuki Aoi
  • Taketatsu Ayana
  • Yamamura Hibiku
  • Koiwai Kotori
  • Abe Rika
  • Otsubo Yuka
  • Shiraishi Ryoko
  • Hanazawa Kana
  • Imai Asami
  • Aoki Ruriko
  • Fujii Yukiyo
  • Ozora Naomi
  • Asano Masumi
  • Ueda Reina
  • Komagata Yuri
  • Lynn
  • Numakura Manami
  • Akasaki Chinatsu
  • Asumi Kana
  • Mizuhashi Kaori

Production:

• Yamamoto Yousuke - composer, musician
  • Kurehito Misaki - character designer, illustrator
  • Bahi JD - animator
  • TRIGGER folks are always a blast
  • Hisaishi Joe
  • Shunji Inoue - Lantis guy, LAZY keyboardist
  • Matsui Kouhei - composer, musician

Maybe more later...

Edited by rotinoma

I'd love to see Something Witty Entertainment [YamatoSFX, xbubblemunkyx, Hayabusa449, Coffinjockey] at Otakon 2020. They're the creators of SAO Abridged.

Their YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SWEabridged

Their business email: somethingwittyentertainment@gmail.com

Their unified Twitter: https://twitter.com/SomethingWittyE

On 9/3/2019 at 5:26 PM, rotinoma said:

• Shunji Inoue - Lantis guy, LAZY keyboardisT

He’s been to otakon a lot, and is a friend. But he rarely performs these days because he essentially runs lantis and typically accompanies JAM project... (not as keyboardist, though).

the Lazy reunion may have changed his mind.

Edited by alabaster
5 hours ago, alabaster said:

He’s been to otakon a lot, and is a friend. But he rarely performs these days because he essentially runs lantis and typically accompanies JAM project... (not as keyboardist, though).

the Lazy reunion may have changed his mind.

I have definitely seen him in the halls at Otakon several times! But would be nice if he gets a panel or something.

16 hours ago, rotinoma said:

I have definitely seen him in the halls at Otakon several times! But would be nice if he gets a panel or something.

He has had the option.  :)

i just realized I have known him for 12 years now!

• 4 weeks later...

I’d like to submit Sarawr Cosplay as a cosplay guest. She’s had steady growth in the community is approaching a million users with her TikTok account. She has great content and variety and tends to collaborate on larger builds for best accuracy.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarawrcosplay/

TikTok: sarawrcosplay1 

Business Email: SarawrCosplay@gmail.com

• 1 month later...

I originally planned on giving up on guest requests, but part of me felt as though I should give this another chance.  While I normally give a bit of a list of guests I'd like to see be invited, this time, I'm only going to limit to only 2 people for the time being.  I apologize for the topic I'm about to bring up, as it was the last thing I wanted to bring up too.  But please really hear me out for a moment.

The only 2 guest I would like to see the staff invite for Otakon 2020 are Jamie Marchi and Monica Rial.

These last 11 months have been utter hell for them.  They've lost quite a bit of work because of a certain issue, which I won't go into detail, as you all know what it is.  I really feel that they both could some strong supporters.  People who sympathize with what they both went through.

I'm not saying all of this not just because they both haven't been to Otakon for years, but it's because of how tough they've both had for this year all for doing the right thing.

So please consider having them for 2020.  They both said they would love to come back, and I hope there'll be people who will have hearts for them, given the hell they've both been through the last 11 months, as of this typing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Musical Guests:

Takanori Nishikawa (T.M. revolution)

JAM project

The Gazette

Alice nine

GRANRODEO

Voice Actors:

Yuri Lowenthal

Matt Mercer

Michelle Ruff

Xander Mobius

Kyle Hebert

Travis Willingham

Laura Bailey

Sam Regial

Liam O'brien

Chrisotpher Sabat

Crispin Freeman

Patrick Seitz

As I request every year:

Musical Guest: DO AS IN-FREAKIN-FINITY XDDD. I've been requesting them for as long as I can remember. They FINALLY came to the US for a con back on Labor Day weekend of this year to San Japan in  San Antonio, Texas but I couldn't get out there to see them. PLEASE BRING THEM TO OTAKON 2020! I hope their schedule allows for it!
KOTOKO (never seen her live, but it'd be cool to see her in a concert setting
May'n (I saw her in 2018 at Anime Central, and it was awesome)
Utada Hikaru (I've seen her a few times, but she's an awesome grab, especially for the Kingdom Hearts fanboys/girls out there, as she sings many of the vocal pieces for the games...

Seiyuu: 
Kugimiya Rie (she was just in the US for AnimeNYC, but it'd be cool to see her again)  
Tomokazu Sugita and Hirano Aya (she was last at Otakon in 2012 but her and Sugita-san on stage doing lines from Suzumiya Haruhi would be ICONIC and AWESOME and Otaku life completing!!
Hayashibara Megumi 
Mitsuishi Kotono (Sailor Moon/Tsukino Usagi)  || Hisakawa Aya (Sailor Mercury/Mizuno Ami) || Tomizawa Michie (Sailor Mars/Hino Rei) || Shinohara Emi/Emiko (Sailor Jupiter/Kino Makoto) || Fukami Rika (Sailor Venus/Aino Minako) || Han Keiko (Black Cat Luna) || Takato Yasuhiro (White Cat Artemis) <=== in case anyone doesn't know why I grouped those seven requests together it's because they are the ORIGINAL 90s 5 inner Sailor Soldiers/Scouts/Senshi as well as Luna and Artemis' seiyuu and having a MEGA PANEL with at least the Senshi seiyuu would be amazing and I've been wanting this to happen for YEARS.

That's what I got for now... Otakon Guest Relations Dept, GET ON IT! LOL

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay
On 7/29/2019 at 6:35 PM, CocoFaerie said:

EARLY CONCERT REQUEST:
fhana, Tatsuro Yamashita.

A fan of culture I see... Yamashita Tatsuro is awesome! I love 80s Jpop/JRock, but you and I might be the only ones that know of him... Most of the con-going generation now is below the age of 20... but if he can be gotten, that'd be freakin' great!

OH I have another musical guest request: ANRI! She's rockin' and I hope she can still travel internationally.

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay
  • 4 weeks later...

To Whom it May Concern: 

Hello! My name is Gage, and in the cosplay community I go by the lovely name of Hideyo Mochimo. I'm a Colorado based cosplayer that has been cosplaying since 2006. In that time frame, I have made upwards of 200 cosplays, ranging in anime to Disney to even the obscure like Broadway! I specialize in sewing, but also participate in my own wig-styling and prop making, as well as makeup artistry! 

After looking into Otakon, I thought I would reach out and offer up my services as a cosplay guest, if that is something your convention would be interested in. In the past, I have judged several contests, as well as run several panels ranging from things such as Crossplay and Genderbend 101, to Costume Safety, and Cosplay and Confidence! 

Past conventions that I have had the honor to guest at are IdeaCon in Colorado, Starfest in Colorado, Anime Weekend Atlanta in Georgia, and upcoming I will be guesting at KawaiiKon in Hawaii and ThyGeekdomCon in Pennsylvania. I have won several awards for my cosplay craftmanship including Runner-up to Best in Show, Judge's Choice, and Best in Category, as well as for my performance skills (I recently won Best in Intermediate Performance and Best in Overall Performance at Anime Banzai). 

If what I can offer sounds like something you would be interested in, we can absolutely talk compensation as well as expectations for what you would like from a cosplay guest at Otakon. Let me know if you would be interested in having me as a guest for your upcoming convention! 

Thank you so much, have a great day! 

Gage Gerardi (Hideyo Mochimo) 
instagram.com/thatssogayge 
facebook.com/mochimocosplays 
hideyomochimo.tumblr.com

• 2 weeks later...
Hello!  I am a cosplayer, WeyrWoman Cosplay, and cosplay photographer and would be interested in being involved in the con as a cosplay guest.

Cosplay Pages:

I do panels, cosplay judging and attend after functions in support of the convention.