Videos of past concerts?

I remember some years back (2008?), there was something on the schedule that was just archive recordings of concerts playing in a video room. I wonder if something like that has been explored for a possible return to the schedule? I'd love to revisit the first JAM Projecyt show in 04, the TMR/Home Made Kazoku collab, Oreskaband etc.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Aresef said:

I remember some years back (2008?), there was something on the schedule that was just archive recordings of concerts playing in a video room. I wonder if something like that has been explored for a possible return to the schedule? I'd love to revisit the first JAM Projecyt show in 04, the TMR/Home Made Kazoku collab, Oreskaband etc.

That sounds awesome! 2008 was the year before I started coming to Otakon, so seeing stuff like this available again would be cool.

• Like 1

That would be pretty cool.  As I recall, previous incarnations of the OtaMuseum would play past concerts & other videos there.  A programming track like that could work, but my ? would be if the demand & convention space are there to try it.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Daniel Perales said:

I remember there was a DVD of L'Arc En Ciel  available.

https://www.amazon.com/LArc-en-Ciel-Live-LArc-En-Ciel/dp/B0009GX2E6

Right, I'm more talking about the innumerable concerts that weren't put out like that.

As I recall you could not do public viewings of the recordings due to the convention labor contracts, but if there was a library of these archive videos that could be "requested" by Otakon members- would that skirt around the commercial broadcast rules?

We need to watch the TMR concert again for RESEARCH!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Actually... it's probably worth looking into. Depending on the year and the concert and the specific terms involved, we might be able to do it. It would be a private screening for members only, and thus *may* be covered (for some of the shows) under existing usage rights -- but it would probably require a little digging to make sure we don't trip any surprises.  I think we have even done it before, but each agreement may be different on those rights.