Otakon 2020 cosplay plans

Hey I didn't see anything about this, so I thought I'd get things started. Anyone have any plans for this year for cosplay yet? I'm going as Leon from Pokemon Sword and Shield. If anyone else is doing anything Sword/Shield related, feel free to PM me. Can't wait for this summer :)

• Like 1

Unless I somehow get it together and make/get something Olympics related I'll be bringing the same Senbonzakura Miku genderbend I've been bringing since 2016. I might bring my Street Pop Miku again if I can revamp it... Not sure what I'll do with it yet if anything at all.

7 minutes ago, onsenmark said:

Does a kigu count?

I guess... but I wouldn't wear a kigu in the late July/early August DC Heat though....

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay

Assuming everything goes well my cosplay plans for this Otakon are: 

Kinu/Selkie (FE:F) - She's done! I brought her last year so just need to brush out the wig, ears, and tail a bit!
Thouzer/Souther (HNK) - He's a huge maybe! Depends on if I get everything done in time.
Nezuko (KNY) - I just need to dye the kimono silk, wait for my lining to arrive, and actually assemble/sew my komon. Everything else for her is done!
Mikazuki Munechika (TR) - Armor painting and he's done!

I was going to do Sword/Shield but I'm swamped this year. I will definitely try to find you and take a picture though! I'll try to see how many people from this thread I can find by the end of the con!

Edited by Kotori
Spelling is hard for me apparently lol
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I know for Thursday (or perhaps Sunday) I plan to do the guy on the poster. I've been wanting to cosplay whatever the year's theme for a while and I think I'm finally confident enough to do it. I am also planning to build something for the Hall Costume Contest, but I am still deciding on it (I'm giving myself one more week to choose). I submitted to do it last year, but chickened out last minute because there were pieces left unfinished and I figured I shouldn't submit an unfinished piece. I'm tempted to email the ones who run it to see if they had any suggestions of what I should include in my parameters. I know I want something that'll draw attention, but not so far out there that I won't be able to do it. I think NEXT year I will pull out one of my dream cosplays of Goku with an expanding spirit bomb.