[Otakon News]Otakon 2021 Hotel Block

Note: We apologize, this announcement went out in error.  Please see our corrected announcement.

The Otakon 2020 Hotel Room Block is now Open!  Reserve your room today and stay closer to the action.  Find out more on the Otakon Hotels page here.

Edited by .taro.
2 hours ago, OtakonNews said:

The Otakon 2020 Hotel Room Block is now Open!  Reserve your room today and stay closer to the action.  Find out more on the Otakon Hotels page here.

I think you mean 2021? :) I also went to the page. The page says that it will be open on June 8th, 2020, a Monday, too. :( Some of us are going to be working and will not be able to go on the website on our work computers, and at least where I work, not allowed to use our personal electronics during our working hours.

What I'm really saying is personally, most if not all the most desirable hotels would already be sold out by the time I get the chance to make my reservation. I guess it can't be helped.

The title of this thread freaked me out for a moment because I thought I missed the announcement of the time/date of it opening. 😅 But I'm happy that is not the case! Fingers cross I get lucky this year!

So we got a little excited and ahead ourselves with the news post.  A corrected news post will be coming out shortly to clarify the errors.  (Maybe these should not be written before we have our coffee in the morning) 

50 minutes ago, Daniel Perales said:

I also went to the page. The page says that it will be open on June 8th, 2020, a Monday, too. :( Some of us are going to be working and will not be able to go on the website on our work computers, and at least where I work, not allowed to use our personal electronics during our working hours.

While we understand that members would be at work, we do try to chose a time to one when we can hope to accommodate as many members as possible but also to have tech support on hand for if anything goes wrong with either our own website or Experient's website.  That is why the Noon time period on a weekday was chosen. It is the typical lunch hour and we have full tech support during weekdays. 

Edited by Brendon Drusedum
correct spelling
  • .taro. locked this topic