[Otakon News]Correction to Previous New Announcement: Otakon 2021 Hotel Block to Open June 8th at Noon

We were excited to announce that the Hotel Block for Otakon 2021 out be opening on June 8th at Noon and we got a little ahead of ourselves.  The previous announcement as a whole was mostly wrong. We apologize of any confusion and panic it might have caused. 

To clarify again the Otakon 2021 Hotel Block will open for booking on June 8th at Noon through our hotel partner Experient. To find out more information about the Hotel Block for Otakon 2021 please visit our official hotel page here.

• Like 1

I just got an email from experient about booking being open, and it looks like the following are available:

-Marriott Metro Center

-Renaissance

-Moxy

-Embassy Suites

-Comfort Inn

-Cambria Suites

-Capitol Hilton

-Comfort Inn Convention Center

-Melrose

A pre-pre registration? Given those options, I'll wait until Monday and see.

18 hours ago, Revan said:

I just got an email from experient about booking being open, and it looks like the following are available:

-Marriott Metro Center

-Renaissance

-Moxy

-Embassy Suites

-Comfort Inn

-Cambria Suites

-Capitol Hilton

-Comfort Inn Convention Center

-Melrose

A pre-pre registration? Given those options, I'll wait until Monday and see.

I believe I recieved the same email, too. I took advantage and reserved a room to the hotel of my choice while I still can.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Daniel Perales said:

I believe I recieved the same email, too. I took advantage and reserved a room to the hotel of my choice while I still can.

Me too! I actually booked at the Renaissance and the Embassy, though I'm more leaning towards the Embassy cuz it's a suite room. If the Residence Inn gets added on Monday I'mma book that as well.

I freaked out a bit because I saw the email late and thought I missed the Marquis, but seems like its not clear when that one will become available...how will registration be handled for a single high in demand hotel if and when it does open?

Booked at Embassy for the meanwhile.

Edited by windseeker
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, Clutch said:

The hotel block is the same 9 hotels available before 12 PM. 😕

I booked during the Early Bird presale last week... I think I'll be good.

I booked at the Renaissance early in the morning (partially as a fallback, partially to get my data into the system) because the Embassy didn't have 2 x double beds available. Imagine my disappointment when noon rolled around and the hotel list hadn't changed, and only half the hotels listed on the page were there. After about 10 minutes of reloading the page, I quit. I'll check in every so often just to see, but I'm not pinning my hopes on getting a hotel I wanted.

What happened to the Marriott Marquis, Hampton Inn, etc.? Were they snapped up last week when the early announcement was made?

1 hour ago, Revan said:

I booked at the Renaissance early in the morning (partially as a fallback, partially to get my data into the system) because the Embassy didn't have 2 x double beds available. Imagine my disappointment when noon rolled around and the hotel list hadn't changed, and only half the hotels listed on the page were there. After about 10 minutes of reloading the page, I quit. I'll check in every so often just to see, but I'm not pinning my hopes on getting a hotel I wanted.

What happened to the Marriott Marquis, Hampton Inn, etc.? Were they snapped up last week when the early announcement was made?

Those hotels should be added late June/early July, but there's no way of telling for sure... Last week's mis-announcement didn't effect the Marquis and others because even then they weren't available.