Sooooooooooo I had a bit of nostalgia looking this up.

I started attending Otakon in 2009, so I never had the chance to collect all the t-shirts from the Ota Merch Booth in the Dealer's Room each year. I decided to check eBay for them (after asking Jim about the possibility of getting them reprinted for sale) and here's what I found:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=otakon T Shirt&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=otakon#item3d9a574fe5

I know some of you here have been attending Otakon waaaaay longer than I have and I wonder if y'all have any of these shirts or other relics of Otakons past? I have a few of my shirts and some of the "con lit" booklets and whatnot, but that's about it.

What about you guys?

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay

Gave most of my Otakon shirts away, but kept a few for sentimental value. 1994, 1995, the long sleeve black one (my all time favorite), blue denim shirt, and a few of the recent ones. Used to buy one every year, gave them to someone who would wear them.

• Like 1

I have all the shirts, though some are retired due to age and/or condition. (My 2017 shirt for some reason has a bunch of small holes in it, and I know I didn't get acid on it at work.)

I still have the old Otakon shoulder(?) bag. Though mine is unique because the zipper on it is upside down. I also have several of the early pins (One of the earliest ones - the one w/ the bunny girl that reminds me of the Daicon IV opening, is darker than I originally recall. Whether that's 'patina', age, or just how it originally looked I can't recall.), and the 3 postcards they put out when Otakon had a post office in the Dealer's Room.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Revan said:

I have all the shirts, though some are retired due to age and/or condition. (My 2017 shirt for some reason has a bunch of small holes in it, and I know I didn't get acid on it at work.)

I still have the old Otakon shoulder(?) bag. Though mine is unique because the zipper on it is upside down. I also have several of the early pins (One of the earliest ones - the one w/ the bunny girl that reminds me of the Daicon IV opening, is darker than I originally recall. Whether that's 'patina', age, or just how it originally looked I can't recall.), and the 3 postcards they put out when Otakon had a post office in the Dealer's Room.

Awesome!

18 hours ago, Daniel Perales said:

I honestly never bought an Otakon shirt for myself, but I did for my niece and nephews when I used to take the whole family in the early days (the 1990s). I don't think they still have them, but I do have a friend that still has his 1994 shirt.

I have seen the same person wear the 1994 shirt to a bunch of Otakons. Stopped wearing mine when the colors started to fade, and the tongue was no longer pink.

I have every badge starting from way back in Otakon 2004 and I have an old T-shirt from Otakon 2005. I have programs from the past 6 or so years. My older ones were sadly lost during a mass attic cleanout.