2021 Registration Confirmation for 2020 Registrants

I was one of the people who registered for the cancelled 2020 Otakon.  And I also know that anyone who registered for it would have our said registrations roll into 2021.  If I may ask, when should we get some sort of registration confirmation?  Is it at some sort of later date, closer to the event?  Or should we still have to register like normal?

Any answer will be much appreciated.  And we all hope that this pandemic will at least subside enough to where not just Otakon, but cons in general can be a thing again.

Taken from the member page after logging in:

"Important Notice #2: Thank you for your understanding as we work to update our registration records for Otakon 2021. Until then, data on this page may be out of date. If you were registered for Otakon 2020 and did not request a refund, you will automatically be registered for Otakon 2021."

13 hours ago, UzumakiWarlord said:

If I may ask, when should we get some sort of registration confirmation?  Is it at some sort of later date, closer to the event?  Or should we still have to register like normal?

We are planning to resend event confirmations for Otakon 2021 registrations likely around November of this year.  It's a matter of balancing timing of the reminder so it's not too far away from next year's event. 
Almost everyone who did not ask for a refund has already been rolled into 2021, we still have a few records to transfer over. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2020 at 1:10 PM, lightningneko said:

I held on to the email with the original 2020 confirmation and the email indicating that 2020 was cancelled and that the registration would be carried over to 2021 just incase I need it.  

Holding on to the 2020 confirmation is a good idea... the email indicating that 2020 was canceled however, might be a bit overkill. I doubt there would be anyone who wouldn't believe you in saying that Otakon 2020 (In-Person Event) was cancelled. 😂😔

(Joking aside, good job on holding onto those docs)

We are finishing up moving everyone over to the new 2021 event in ShowClix.  Assuming everything goes as planned everyone who held on to their 2020 registration should get a new confirmation email for 2021 later this month.