So... Who managed to successfully pre-order a PS5?

Hi All!

Like the subject says. Any of you were lucky enough to get your PS5 preorder in? I didn't. :( But Sony said more will be available soon.

Just took a quick look at eBay. People would have to be very desperate or just plain morons to start bidding for those prices.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PlayStation-5-Digital-Edition-CONFIRMED-Pre-Order/114414986848?hash=item1aa3aa2660:g:MC8AAOSwkt9fZCrX

Edited by Daniel Perales
Checked eBay for signs of price gouging.

Honestly I plan on waiting until well into the New Year to try and pick one up. I've got a list of Ps4 anime titles that I've been wanting to play anyway.  I went 10 months before getting a Ps4 all those years ago. However, the way Sony handled the whole pre-order launch was a total disaster. I'm not really sure what they were thinking (or not thinking). 

On 9/21/2020 at 7:36 AM, KyoKyo said:

Honestly I plan on waiting until well into the New Year to try and pick one up. I've got a list of Ps4 anime titles that I've been wanting to play anyway.  I went 10 months before getting a Ps4 all those years ago. However, the way Sony handled the whole pre-order launch was a total disaster. I'm not really sure what they were thinking (or not thinking). 

I not sure if you can blame Sony for that. They did gave a date, but some retailers decided to jump the gun. Also, imagine how many "bots" was just waiting for midnight to start their pre-ordering? At least some people managed to get their preorders in before the mad rush.

• 7 months later...

My brother and I agreed that it doesn't have any games we're interested in right now to warrant us getting one.

And if we "hold out" sooner or later they'll release one with larger hard drive space and/or "pro" version. 

Personally, I've bought games before without owning the console. Considering how bad my video game backlog is...I'm easily preoccupied with other games...

Edited by Ikano
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been 8 months since the pre-order date. Did anyone finally get their PS5?

I want to get the disc version of the console, not interested in the "digital-only" version. Personally, I haven't been lucky to get one, much less able to place an order for it. I manage to at least get as far as having the system on my online "shopping cart" from some of the vendors (Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart), only to lose it once I click "Check-out"  in less than 2 minutes into it.

Very frustrating, indeed. :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 10:18 AM, Daniel Perales said:

Well, it's been 8 months since the pre-order date. Did anyone finally get their PS5?

I want to get the disc version of the console, not interested in the "digital-only" version. Personally, I haven't been lucky to get one, much less able to place an order for it. I manage to at least get as far as having the system on my online "shopping cart" from some of the vendors (Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart), only to lose it once I click "Check-out"  in less than 2 minutes into it.

Very frustrating, indeed. :(

Scored one from a friend who camps on the sites hoping.

1 hour ago, alabaster said:

Scored one from a friend who camps on the sites hoping.

Unfortunately, I have no one who will do that favor for me. Also, I can't use my desktop computer at work for such things (they tend to block certain sites from time to time). Can't even use my smart-phone in the office for web browsing, too. :(

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My brother and I have discussed our thoughts, and for now, we're not finding any games compelling enough to justify getting the console. We're considering holding out a bit, anticipating that they might eventually introduce models with larger hard drive space or even a "pro" version. Speaking from experience, I've actually purchased games even when I didn't have the console yet. Given my extensive video game backlog, I often find myself engrossed in other gaming options. By the way, if you're interested in gaming discussions, you might want to check out this article on https://www.vpesports.com/betting/gg-bet. It's always fascinating to explore different perspectives on the gaming world.

Edited by dragonnext