Sad news to report, long-time Otakon staffer Chuck Shandry has passed away.

It's been a while since I last posted on here. I'll try to stay in touch here.

I have sad news to report, earlier this morning, Sunday, February 21st, I learned that long-time Otakon staffer Chuck Shandry has passed away. I met Chuck at Otakon a while ago and he was such an awesome person to talk to.

Chuck could be found working registration at con and also he helped start the Otamuseum with a generous donation and years after the start of the Otamuseum, he could be found roaming around in the Otamuseum telling stories about past Otakons to interested people.

I've heard Chuck described as one of the people who were the heart and soul of Otakon.

I looked through pictures and screenshots I archived and found a screenshot I took of the virtual Otakon in August of 2020 that's a picture from Otakon 2013 that has Chuck in it (he's the person with glasses and a white beard) that I'm attaching to this post.

RIP Chuck and my deepest condolences goes out to all of his friends, people who knew him and all current and former Otakon staffers who have worked alongside Chuck.

117160409_10158920247383598_6974662069543056136_o.jpg