Here in NYC 2021, one con up, and one con down...

Hi people!

Well, New York Comic Con 2021 is on. They started selling their first and second wave of badges just last week. I don't see any mention of their con within a con, AXNY@NYCC (their "anime" offshoot) so far this year.

Meanwhile, Liberty City Anime Con which was going to be held around the end of August has cancelled. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Clutch said:

I swear that earlier this year one of the major Summer conventions in Philadelphia was bumped until November and moved to the suburbs, but I can't find any mention of that now.

When it comes to "Liberty City Anime Con", their main competition for their weekend is the tail end of "The New York International Auto Show" that will be held at the Javis Convention Center. Also, when you go to the Liberty City Anime Con's webpage, all you get is a blank empty page (wasn't like that 2 weeks ago).

I think this con is done. I don't know if it can survive being cancelled 2 years in a row. Also, there is a "not so nice" rumors going on with it's organizer floating around the internet, too.

• Like 1
On 7/15/2021 at 8:03 PM, Clutch said:

I swear that earlier this year one of the major Summer conventions in Philadelphia was bumped until November and moved to the suburbs, but I can't find any mention of that now.

If you're talking about Wizard World Philly, the WW site lists it as an event, but has no information beyond a date - no location, ticket info, anything.