Marquis Marriott Microwave?

Quick question- for anyone who's stayed at the Marriott, do the rooms have microwaves? I saw under their amenities section that they have refrigerators but didn't see microwaves. I've also stayed at a few cons where the hotels don't have microwaves listed but are in the rooms.  I called and sat on hold so I figured I'd check here.

Thanks 

I was lucky enough to get the MM twice in DC, but they didn't have a microwave in the room in either year. (The Hampton Inn did in 2018, IIRC.) You can always ask if they can supply one, though I don't know where they would put it if I'm remembering the room configuration correctly.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Revan said:

I was lucky enough to get the MM twice in DC, but they didn't have a microwave in the room in either year. (The Hampton Inn did in 2018, IIRC.) You can always ask if they can supply one, though I don't know where they would put it if I'm remembering the room configuration correctly.

Great thanks. I was trying to bring some breakfast food since I don't feel like paying a ton of money for overpriced bagels and coffee. Guess it's Greek yogurt and granola in the morning XD

1 minute ago, KyoKyo said:

Great thanks. I was trying to bring some breakfast food since I don't feel like paying a ton of money for overpriced bagels and coffee. Guess it's Greek yogurt and granola in the morning XD

I don't know how you feel about plain coffee, but they do have a coffeemaker in the room, along with a couple of teabags (English Breakfast and... Chamomile?). You can always hit the Safeway and grab some bagels there. I usually end up bringing a box of cereal and getting the milk at the store.  (Though yogurt and granola for breakfast does sound good. 🙂 )

Speaking of Safeway, as of 2019 if you entered the phone number 202-867-5309 (yes, the number from the song Jenny) at the register you should be able to get the club card discount. (I read an article years ago about that, and entering the local area code and 867-5309 has worked in around a half dozen grocery chains.)

• Thanks 1

I've stayed in the Marriott every year since the move to DC and unfortunately there are no microwaves. We did try to request one, as suggested above, but if I recall correctly they said it was "a fire hazard" so they did not offer that in any of the rooms even with request. A huge bummer honestly since the room only has a coffee maker and mini fridge. Some 7-11s will let you heat up food although we did not try! We ended up just eating the expenses. 

I was checking their website about this the other day. Yeah, I'm planning on no microwaves. But they have mini-fridges, so overnight oats are doable.

As someone who has stayed at the MM every year, I'll add to the chorus of "no microwave".

But you could do a lot worse than greek yogurt and granola (which is what I am likely to do).  A little cup of Chobani is 110 calories, but has 12 grams of protein (25% of your daily requirement).  I live on that stuff in hotels.

• Like 1