Otakon 2022 Guest Requests

• 6 months later...

Dear Otakon,

Thank you for your time. I hope this message finds you well and productive. We’d appreciate an opportunity to speak with you about bringing unique, exciting, innovative, and educational programming and entertainment to your convention. 

Music Licensing and Artist Management

I work with Ford Music Services, a music licensing and sync agency, which brings film, television show, and advertising campaign song-placement opportunities to artists and musicians. Our song placements include Marvel, Power Rangers, Cars 3, Christopher Robin, John Wick 2, Coke, Toyota, Land Rover, Mercedes, Citibank, Western Union, and music supervision for the Olympics. We represent songs by Frank, and Nancy Sinatra, Christina Aguilera, Bing Crosby, Celine Dion, Aerosmith, Whitney Houston, Wu-Tang Clan, The Roots, Kurtis Blow, All-4-One, Salt N’ Pepa, as well as independent artists, who write and record on demand. We have some great K-Pop and J-pop that we rep too.

I’ve been a guest speaker at the NAMM show, Sync Summit, and Musician’s Institute. In 2021, my business partners, artist management group Mirror House Music, and I launched our music-licensing consultancy, Sync Connection, built to empower artists seeking to get their music into media, and to educate and equip them with the tools needed for licensing success. We provide artist management services, non-exclusive representation deals through our music licensing agency, and work closely with musicians on confidential film, television, and ad-campaign searches. We cover branding, metadata, outreach, how to pitch music, email technique, research, mixing, mastering, and engineering critique sessions.

Industry Master Class

I also worked with Guinness Records’ “world’s most successful DJ,” Paul Oakenfold, at his Perfecto Records label in Hollywood. I coordinated events for his world tour, including Mt. Everest, Las Vegas, and Singapore. I provided music curation, live set prep, logistics, research, negotiated business deals, booked shows, remixed songs, did graphic design, and brand ambassadorship for his Electronic Music Academy and DJ camp.

What’s Covered:

· Industry 101: “Breaking In” - What you need to know and how to avoid the pitfalls.

· Building your brand: content creation, websites, social media, marketing, vision, mission, values

· Intellectual property: copyrights, trademarks, and publishing rights organizations

· Working for a label: critical thinking, creative problem solving, and time management

· Planning a world tour: logistics, research, permits, and the x-factor · Internships, resumes, one-sheets, press kits, email etiquette, and the two-minute elevator pitch.

· DJing, music production, and live performance

· Post-production: music licensing, synchronization, and monetization

Marketing and Celebrity Endorsements

We also collaborate with Glow Marketing, including their Antares software launch party at The House of Blues. They excel at marketing, strategy as well as the tactical implementation of promotions, web development, social networking, events, creative services, audio/video production, and celebrity endorsements. A few of the artists they’ve worked with include Sting, Andy Summers from The Police, Tyra Banks, and Mercedes. They’re interested in exploring opportunities with conventions.

Expertly Crafted Cinematic DJ Sets That Take You On A Journey

I’ve been DJing at conventions, clubs, and concerts for over 13 years, with shows including closing for Grammy winner Dave Aude at the House of Blues, The Skylark New York City, The Gaylord National, and The historic Ivar Theater in Hollywood. I also hosted my radio show, The Essential Mix, on WRIR 97.3 FM. Conventions I’ve been a guest at include Katsucon, Anime Mid-Atlantic, AUSA, T-Mode, and Anime Festival Orlando. My annual TRON Live series featured Disney/ D.C. directors and actors Richard Epcar, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, and Christopher Smith. Our Metal Gear Live show featured a violinist, Taiko drummer, and DJ.

Why This Works For You  

Added Value

We offer a variety of entertainment and educational packages, including DJs, master Class, music licensing deals, branding, artist management, marketing professionals, cosplayers, and MC’s, including Captain Jack Sparrow, Lupin the 3rd, Darth Vader, 501st Storm Trooper, and the Mandalorian. We also do panels; our debut of “Anime and its fans: past, present, and future” was at capacity, and received a standing ovation.  

Innovation, Engagement, and Retention

We have ideas on how to create and drive cross-platform engagement for your convention. Our focus on education will help further demonstrate your commitment to helping your loyal attendees achieve their goals, and keep families coming back for generations to come.   Our Goal   We make finding great entertainment easy. We volunteered with conventions for almost a decade, our mission is to further elevate the convention experience by raising the bar of entertainment. We have this vision but are unable to bring it to life without you. We'd appreciate an opportunity to better understand Otakon’s needs.  

Thank you for your time,      

Jesse James Felice
Music Licensing & Sync, Producer, DJ

Ford Music Services
WorldSongNetwork.com

• 2 weeks later...

I've never made a request like this before, but I would love to see:

Kylie McNeill, the voice actor and singer behind Suzu/Belle in Mamoru Hosoda's Belle.

If possible, I would like to see a Japanese visual kei live band, and if regulations prevent that, then I would like to see Chaotic Harmony as a guest for virtual panels with Japanese visual kei bands and Japanese fashion designers. 

Thank you for your consideration!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Voice Actors

• Zeno Robinson
  • Allegra Clark
  • AJ Beckles
  • Lee George
  • Anairis Quinones
  • Jonah Scott
  • Khoi Dao
  • Laura Stahl
  • Dani Chambers
  • Kimberley Anne Campbell
  • Y. Chang

Musical Artist

• Pheonix Ash, an American Japanese rock band
  • Reol, rapper and singer
  • QUEEN BEE, a Japanese rock band
  • Chanmina
  • MIYACHI
  • Miyavi
  • ONE OK ROCK
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, time to throw my hat into the ring:

Creators

Pochi-Goya

Keiji Goto

English VAs

Patrick Seitz

Wendee Lee

Lisa Ortiz

Colleen Clinkenbeard

R. Bruce Elliott

Jerry Jewell

Japanese VAs

Rina Satou

Miyuki Sawashiro

Nobuhiko Okamoto

Satomi Arai

Koichi Yamadera

Sayaka Ohara

Aki Toyosaki

Yoko Hikasa

Soichiro Hoshi

Virtual YouTubers

Kson

Claire Cruller

Ironmouse

Pavolia Reine

Kureiji Ollie

Nanashi Mumei

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

I hope you and your staff are having a great day today.  I was wondering, are you still accepting any guest suggestions to your convention?  If so, I wanted to know if you would consider a YouTuber by the name of ILoveKimPossibleALot to the guest list.  I'd understand if you couldn't add her to the list, but I would love to see if she could come to this location if that's possible.

Thanks.

Hey! I think some Genshin Impact voice actors would fit right in at Otakon. It's a popular, anime type game so they would draw in a crowd and they voice act in other shows and anime too. I personally think Griffin Burns, Khoi Dao, Corina Boettger, and Max Mittleman would fit right in due to their large, enthusiastic personalities! 

On 3/30/2022 at 9:40 PM, UwaAA said:

Voice Actors

• Zeno Robinson
  • Allegra Clark
  • AJ Beckles
  • Lee George
  • Anairis Quinones
  • Jonah Scott
  • Khoi Dao
  • Laura Stahl
  • Dani Chambers
  • Kimberley Anne Campbell