Anime-NYC November 19-21, 2021 Javis Center New York City. Anyone here going?

Hi All!

I finally got my badge for this con through the mail last week. I know at least one beside myself is going. I wonder if anyone else are planning to attend as well?

A few words: Like New York Comic Con from last month and at least at Otakon, attendees must have a proof of vaccination card and have to wear a mask at all times to be able to attend.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if it was having both the badge and wristband the day before the actual convention, but it sounds like my timing getting to the convention on Friday was perfect.  The only lines I saw that day was the line inside between the dealers room and artist alley. (The middle entrance outside was open and had separate lines).   I knew there was a line on Saturday though.

Somehow had less panel choices of interest to choose from (Vtuber panel, wotagei, and a zombieland video concert for example), but that gave me more time to see the rest of the convention.  Still a fun convention.

15 hours ago, Revan said:

I just saw this posted from another forum: "If you attended the Anime NYC 2021 Convention at the Javits Center from November 18-22, get tested for #Covid19 as soon as possible."

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1466473589180403714

FFn17SAXEAgeMkU?format=jpg&name=small

I got myself tested as soon as I got off from work last night. The results of the test was "Negative".

When I was at the Javis (been there since Thursday to help someone set-up), I made sure that I kept my mask on and always wash my hands when leaving the bathroom.

At some point, I would like to go, but working in the transportation industry and this being right before Thanksgiving (one of the busiest times of the year) means I typically can’t get time off.